MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, new here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi, new here
    Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 4:33am
Meow! Heavy Metal Cat here. Been prowling the Metal Music Archives site for a little while now and have decided to move in.

I love metal, cats and walks in the countryside, especially forests. I'm guessing you're more interested in the metal though. I like a little of everything, but mostly I enjoy heavy, power, thrash, speed, black, doom and death metal (I especially like tech-death) bands. I'm sure I have a few bands in my collection from every style though. Powerful vocals (sung or growled) are usually what attracts me to a band, or solid riffs. I'm actually usually more impressed by riffs than soloing. I've been into metal for a few years now. Iron Maiden was my first band (cliche, I know) and it's all kicked off from there.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 5:07am
Welcome to MMA. I hope you find a home here like we did Tongue. Eclectic taste in music is always a positive in my World. Sounds like you listen to a bit of everything.
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 8:51am
Thank you for the warm welcome UMUR.

I've encountered people before who seem to write off entire genres completely but I find that even the genres I don't usually enjoy produce a few groups that I really like (which in turn makes me want to explore that genre more).

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 9:24am
Welcome to MMA Heavy Metal Cat. 

We should probably warn you that we also have a dog, well a puppy actually, around here though...http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/member/siLLy%20puPPy Wink
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 9:28am
Originally posted by TheHeavyMetalCat TheHeavyMetalCat wrote:

I've encountered people before who seem to write off entire genres completely but I find that even the genres I don't usually enjoy produce a few groups that I really like (which in turn makes me want to explore that genre more).

I bet you don't like metalcore. Nooobody seems to like metalcore Wink

We'll that's not actually true - just feels that way sometimes LOL
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 9:49am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Welcome to MMA Heavy Metal Cat.

We should probably warn you that we also have a dog, well a puppy actually, around here though...http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/member/siLLy%20puPPy Wink

No worries, dogs are cool too. We have both in my household. The cat is more likely to chase the dog actually.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

I bet you don't like metalcore. Nooobody seems to like metalcore Wink

We'll that's not actually true - just feels that way sometimes LOL

To be honest metalcore and by extension deathcore etc are not genres I know that much about. I like a few bands from them (I'm especially fond of Born of Osiris) but I need to explore it all some more.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 10:56am
Welcome to the MMA! Metal and cats, two of my favorite things. Clap
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 11:31am
Welcome to the site!
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

I bet you don't like metalcore. Nooobody seems to like metalcore Wink

We'll that's not actually true - just feels that way sometimes LOL

I don't like metalcore, but I'm not everybody.

Welcome HeavyMetalCat!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 1:56pm
Thank you everyone.
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 2:41pm
Welcome!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 5:49am
Thanks!
Necrotica View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG, Death, Alt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 11:02pm
Hey, welcome to the site! Smile How's it going?
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 3:21pm
Thanks, I'm doing good. Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic