MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 1:07pm
Bowling! That's something I'm pretty good at actually, though I've only played it while I was still in school. During the last high school years the school moved near to a bowling hall, so during free periods people could went to bowl and grab a beer there, and then back to class. Now that's relaxing studying! Never personally tried the beer part though, I saved such beverages for other times.

Edited by Vehemency - 26 Oct 2010 at 1:07pm
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 1:48pm
Hehe.  After a few beers you are aiming for 20 pins instead of 10 pins.  So I guess that means that you get a strike if you knock half of the pins down. LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 2:10pm
^LOLgood one Scott.

I�m strictly a football guy ( soccer). First of all I spend to much time following my team that I don�t have time for other sports and secondly it�s the only sport that ever really grabbed me. And don�t worry I�m not destructive and seldom drunk ( well the latter has been known to happen the times we�ve advanced from one league to a better one which has happened a lot in the last 10 years as the club went bankrupt in 2001 and Lyngby was relegated three leagues as punishment.)

Edited by UMUR - 26 Oct 2010 at 2:52pm
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 2:47pm
Ice hockey for me anyday Hug Bowling, floorball, they're lots of fun to play as well, as is my newest love, disc golf. I love watching the american football and during the last WC I developed a liking for football as well, after ten or something years of not watching it at all. But it was fun to play at times back when all the childhood friends still lived in the same place. Basketball and beach volley were cool too.

My original hometown's ice hockey team lost today to my present hometown's team, meh. I'm still rooting for the guys I grew up watching, but even though I follow NHL more closely I've never really had a favourite team there. I'm happy if the Finnish guys do well.
<- Click on this!
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 8:24am
My fingers always get totally blistered up when I play a round of bowling or two with the in-laws, so I have all sorts of banda-aid and sports tape on my fingers when I go bowling... so I almost look like a pro, but I play like a noob.

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

( well the latter has been known to happen the times we�ve advanced from one league to a better one which has happened a lot in the last 10 years as the club went bankrupt in 2001 and Lyngby was relegated three leagues as punishment.)

I seem to remember that happening to a couple of clubs. I think that B1909 went through the same punishment.

Edited by Time Signature - 27 Oct 2010 at 8:27am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 8:50am
oh yeah Danish football is not in a good shape financially and hasn�t been for the last 10 years. Both Boldklubben Frem and Fremad Amager, that are both proud traditional clubs in Denmark have been relegated in recent years because of bankrupcies.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 12:28pm
I guess it has to do with the players not being good enough. I've heard that they are incredibly bad at nurturing their footie talents in Denmark.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 4:14pm
mmm.mmm.  Number of the Beast is just so awesome.  I can't believe that I haven't listened to it for over 3 years, at least. 
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

mmm.mmm.  Number of the Beast is just so awesome.  I can't believe that I haven't listened to it for over 3 years, at least. 

I think I'd went around 3 years between my last listens as well.  I listened to it a couple times a few months ago, but it had been at least 3 years (maybe even 4) since I last heard it.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 4:43pm

I can't believe how great it sounds.  I always loved the album, but wow.

Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 7:04pm
For Absent Friends is such a cute song

Edited by Balthamel - 27 Oct 2010 at 7:05pm
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 1:17pm
Kicking Clouds is very relaxing.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 2:19pm
And Fairport Convention more so.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 2:28pm
And "You Suffer" isn't, but why?
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 3:34pm

The title doesn't sound very relaxing to me, but I suppose if I were a brutal dictator it might be music to soothe my ears.

rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 3:53pm
My boss just gave me tickets for tonight's Red Wings game against the Phoenix Coyotes.  Yeah! ClapRawks
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 4:21pm

The title doesn't sound very relaxing to me, but I suppose if I were a brutal dictator it might be music to soothe my ears.

Or if you are into those kinds of things.

My boss just gave me tickets for tonight's Red Wings game against the Phoenix Coyotes.  Yeah! ClapRawks

Nice!
CCVP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 7:45pm
Can someone explaim me what happened in the other MUYA? Why Raff left, etc.

Thaks in advance.Thumbs Up
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 10:33pm
^PM'd.
<- Click on this!
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 10:58pm

Thumbs Up Only too bad Detroit didn't make it, but at least I'm happy since the Finnish guy scored twice. One of my dreams is to see an NHL game some day, and for a couple of the last season starts it's been possible, but the tickets have been so hellishly expensive that I've preferred not going. Perhaps next year...
<- Click on this!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 327>
  Share Topic