MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 275276277278279 328>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

new Primus album is short but pretty good, their best in some time

Yeah, I agree. They played The Seven when I saw them live before the album was announced, and it sounded great.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 10:58pm

new Primus album is short but pretty good, their best in some time

Funny. I tried it and really couldn't get into it. It seemed a bit like they were being too weird for their own good, which is saying something for Primus.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 12:09am

Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

We miss you too, buddy. So anyway, when you gonna do some bloody work around here for once? LOL

and just like that, at the first mention of the dreaded W word, I disappear again

Whoa man, only teasing Wink

Primus - spookily I'd stuck an order in for that one yesterday morning. It was my youngest lad that got me into them. Hadn't paid them too much notice previously.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 7:06am
I learned about Primus way back in like grade 8 when my friend used to wear a Frizzle Fry shirt all the time LOL  Probably the first band that wasn't Led Zep or Pink Floyd that I got really big into

Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

It seemed a bit like they were being too weird for their own good, which is saying something for Primus.

I mean, compared to the chocolate factory album? 

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 25 Nov 2017 at 7:07am
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 11:08am
Tickets for The Scorpions and Megadeth double bill next June booked 😁
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 2:24pm
I'm definitely gonna be adventurous and start checking out new bands and albums more! Been stuck in a comfort zone for too long.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 9:58am
So you put a search into Google for Madrost - The essence of time matches no flesh,click on shopping and up comes Kitchen Wizard Flexipes! On whose planet is that a match!...lol.
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 10:12am
Can you direct me to the railway station?
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 11:03am
Let me get this straight.  You want us to TRAIN you?
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 12:03pm
Is that an euphemism (if you know what I mean)? ;P
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 1:16am
Went to see Cannibal Corpse, The Black Dahlia Murder and No Return last night.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:29am
Be leaving to go see Paradise Lost shortly. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:42am
^ lucky lad. Enjoy.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 5:17pm
I very much did. Just got in about half an hour ago. Will do a write-up tomorrow. Or rather later today as the case is. Ears ringing right now. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 6:34pm
What was the setlist like? Considering the return to death doom that Medusa was, I assume it was a mix of the last couple albums and the classic death doom stuff?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 1:07am
Actually it was surprisingly growl light considering. I reckon over half of the setlist was fully clean sung songs or ones with minimal growls. I'm piecing together the exact order of the songs they played for my write-up. There was one song I couldn't place though which I presume must have been off one of the albums I don't own. I keep checking setlist FM but nothing yet. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 1:09am
I think my only issue with the setlist was that they didn't play either Fearless Sky or anything from the Tragic Idol album, which I've been playing a lot lately. That surprised me considering it's only a couple of albums back for them. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 1:15am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Actually it was surprisingly growl light considering. I reckon over half of the setlist was fully clean sung songs or ones with minimal growls. I'm piecing together the exact order of the songs they played for my write-up. There was one song I couldn't place though which I presume must have been off one of the albums I don't own. I keep checking setlist FM but nothing yet. 

Huh, that's interesting. I would have thought they'd mostly play the death doom stuff and maybe some songs from Icon and Draconian Times. As long as the concert was good though, that's what matters.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 3:16am
Started reading again recently. On to some Edgar Allan Poe stuff. None of the stories yet though....poems first!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 11:43am
Nothing on YouTube from Paradise Lost on Thursday yet, but here's some clips of the opening act. 

GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 275276277278279 328>
  Share Topic