MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 264265266267268 328>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

We've had a hot week here in the UK too. Pissing down today though!

Still been very pleasant today in the North-east - warm but more manageable than last week. Did a walk in the lake District on Friday and it just about killed me climbing those mountains in the heat. Nice to be able to be up on the tops though in just a T-shirt.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 12:33pm
My favourite part of the world is the Lakes. No better place to walk!
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 12:36pm
It was very hot here last week, but has cooled off a bit in the last couple days
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

My favourite part of the world is the Lakes. No better place to walk!

Couldn't agree more. Thumbs Up
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 1:40pm
The heat hasn't been too bad over here, it was surprisingly much worse in May. Confused
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 6:43pm
The heat here is not optimal, but it isn't as bad as the humidity. As soon as I step outside my glasses fog up, and my whole body becomes an armpit.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 3:12pm
Purchased a new labtop today. The old one was getting real old, and consequently very slow, and extremely hot, which made it self-close with all sorts of warnings, so I figured it was time to buy a new machine. Currently in the process of moving content from the old one to the new one and installing programs I like using the internet, but I don´t enjoy the technical side of it or computers for that matter. I couldn´t care less. They should just Work regardless of what happens...
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 3:18pm
^ Pigs will fly over a frozen Hell before computers work without any problems at all.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by 666sharon666 666sharon666 wrote:

^ Pigs will fly over a frozen Hell before computers work without any problems at all.

So true. Soon after I got the computer I have now, it started restarting itself for no reason. Still does, and of course it's always at the most inconvenient times.

Edited by Unitron - 09 Jul 2015 at 3:25pm
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 3:37pm
You should really get that looked at, especially if its new.

Is it a Windows? If it is next time it does it afterwards open your Event Viewer, go to Windows Logs > System and see if there's an entry at the time it last happened. Might give you a clue as to why it shut downs and restarts on its own. Might be something to do with the power supply, maybe bad RAM too.

Have you tried restoring it to factory settings and seeing if it still happens?

Edited by 666sharon666 - 09 Jul 2015 at 3:45pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 4:04pm
Thankfully it´s much easier today than it was back in 1997 when I got my first PC. You needed an Expert to just turn the PC on back then . Fortunately I knew a WHO could help me. While it´s easier it´s still a bitch when someting goes wrong
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 4:12pm
My laptop had this buzzing noise whenever I would play sound with it when I first had it. I had Dell on the phone multiple times trying to get help because I couldn't figure it out. Eventually they sent an engineer who replaced everything in the machine except the case and the screen and it still didn't fix it. 

Turned out the problem was the internal microphone causing interference. Happened to mention it at uni one day and a friend of mine fixed it in under a minute (she'd had the same problem), yet it stumped all of Dell's supposed experts I spoke to. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 4:20pm
^Isn't it always ironic when a friend knows more then so called 'experts'. LOL

Originally posted by 666sharon666 666sharon666 wrote:

You should really get that looked at, especially if its new.

Is it a Windows? If it is next time it does it afterwards open your Event Viewer, go to Windows Logs > System and see if there's an entry at the time it last happened. Might give you a clue as to why it shut downs and restarts on its own. Might be something to do with the power supply, maybe bad RAM too.

Have you tried restoring it to factory settings and seeing if it still happens?

I tried looking at the logs and I was thinking it may have been a problem that was created when I ran a Doom server last year. I took down the static IP, but it didn't help. My dad suggested that it might be the power supply as well, but I would have to get it looked at to make sure. I haven't tried restoring it, if all else fails I'll probably give that a try.

Edited by Unitron - 09 Jul 2015 at 4:20pm
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 4:25pm
Just make sure you back up everything important first, as a factory reset will wipe all your saved files. It might not help, depends if it's software or hardware related. Going to factory settings should clear that up though; if its still doing it, it's hardware.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 4:35pm
Dell are pretty damn useless to be honest. They did all that for the laptop when it didn't need it but when my desktop had a genuine problem I had to argue with them for days before they'd send an engineer out with a replacement part. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Purchased a new labtop today. The old one was getting real old, and consequently very slow, and extremely hot, which made it self-close with all sorts of warnings, so I figured it was time to buy a new machine. Currently in the process of moving content from the old one to the new one and installing programs I like using the internet, but I don´t enjoy the technical side of it or computers for that matter. I couldn´t care less. They should just Work regardless of what happens...

I'm thinking about getting a new one soon, my current one was pretty good when it came out and I've had it 10 years now without any problems so i've definitely had my moneys worth out of it. When i want to use it I have to turn it on 30 minutes in advance!

I was waiting for the next Windows to be released before buying it but I believe you can get an automatic upgrade anyway if you buy one now.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 4:44pm
Yeah you can, so long as you have 7 or 8 already. It's only free for a limited time though. Not sure how long, off hand. 

I'm pretty happy with Windows 7 myself and don't intend to upgrade until absolutely forced to. I've tried Windows 8 and don't like it. Too many changes to the design for my liking. It's a case of fixing that which was not broken IMO.
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 1:24am
Yeah I didn´t like Windows 8 either, but I´ve come to get used to it, as we use it on my job. The new computer has Windows 8 too.
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 1:42am
I can see why Windows is so popular but I love my Arch Linux with Gnome Shell.  It is so much faster and so much more reliable than windows.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Dobbie03 Dobbie03 wrote:

I can see why Windows is so popular but I love my Arch Linux with Gnome Shell.  It is so much faster and so much more reliable than windows.

I've used Ubuntu Linux, and it runs really well. Really the only reason I use Windows over Ubuntu is that it's easier to play video games on it.

Edited by Unitron - 10 Jul 2015 at 1:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 264265266267268 328>
  Share Topic