MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 258259260261262 328>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2014 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

I've yet to go to a concert...extreme social anxiety!Ouch

It's usually pretty easy to avoid talking to anybody, depending on the venue.  I'd recommend going with a friend and just ignoring everybody else.  Find a nice place to sit down if you aren't comfortable being in the crowd around the stage.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2014 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

It's usually pretty easy to avoid talking to anybody, depending on the venue.  I'd recommend going with a friend and just ignoring everybody else.  Find a nice place to sit down if you aren't comfortable being in the crowd around the stage.

Or maybe start by going to a concert with music that´s a bit introvert, where the audience is just sitting still listening to the music, as opposed to something like the Machine Head concert I was attending last night, which featured almost constant circle pits, moshing, and people standing very close to each other.
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2014 at 4:59pm

Bro, I have PTSD and generalized anxiety and I am here to save the day!! Big smile

Here are some things you should try and consider:

1. If you have a different sort of diet try to change it up and eat healthier foods (I am not saying that you have a bad diet or anything, studies just show that if you eat better you will have less anxiety)

2. Try spanking the plank. LOL This helps with anxiety too(It does not help everyone but it is possible that it can help) 

3. Go outside, take a walk, feel the air and breathe it in and I guarantee that you will feel better.

You should try these as they have helped me out LOL 

Hope this helps!! Big smile
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2014 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Or maybe start by going to a concert with music that´s a bit introvert, where the audience is just sitting still listening to the music, as opposed to something like the Machine Head concert I was attending last night, which featured almost constant circle pits, moshing, and people standing very close to each other.

Yeah, my first concert was a Bagpipe group concert. It was loud, but people were pretty calm there. Smile

If you like Classical music that might be a good place to start Tongue
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2014 at 8:02pm
I have bad social anxiety and the only rock venues here are bars (I play at a lot of them). So it's pretty impossible to avoid conversation and I end up feeling sick and wanting to go home and usually the cumulative anxiety of the night keeps me up until the wee hours of the morning. A good performance is worth it in the end, though.

I think my favorite concert, however, was at a bar that had a couch. The music wasn't amazing (it was a local group), but it was a lot of fun because I didn't have to talk to anybody and wasn't standing in the middle of the room. And the couch was very comfy.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2014 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Yeah, my first concert was a Bagpipe group concert. It was loud, but people were pretty calm there. Smile

But if you go to a classical concert, here's a friendly warning: If you fear death, don't clap between movements.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2014 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Polymorphia Polymorphia wrote:

Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

But if you go to a classical concert, here's a friendly warning: If you fear death, don't clap between movements.

LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2014 at 1:57am
Movement end...Clap...movement start...Dead...Big smile
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2014 at 2:01am

Movement end...Clap...movement start...Dead...Big smile

Clap LOL
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 2:57am
Sorry for occupying the front page these days, but no one else seems to post reviews of new releases at the moment and I think we need to keep a certain flow on the FrontPage to keep the site interesting. I usually try not to spam the FrontPage and let others have their reviews seen too, but when Things are as slow as they are at the moment, something needs to be done.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 3:21am
The level of activity on the site seems to have stalled generally, Jonas. Perhaps it's a pre-Christmas lull. Please keep the reviews coming. I for one enjoy reading them and find them useful.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 4:55am
Yeah I´m sure you´re right. Activity usually slows Down in December.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 10:39am
I also enjoy reading your reviews Jonas, please keep them coming. Smile

I've been mostly writing reviews for older releases, but I think I have a couple more releases from this year I can review. Tongue

Edited by Unitron - 02 Dec 2014 at 10:39am
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 11:34am
As far as I understand from talking to Max, he has programmed the FrontPage to show 2014 reviews under new releases along with 2015 until the 30th of June to allow late 2014 releases a place in the spotlight.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 11:49am
I'm in a lull with writing in general. I dislike almost everything I write and I'm too conceited to take the easy way out and write short or conversational reviews.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Polymorphia Polymorphia wrote:

I'm in a lull with writing in general. I dislike almost everything I write and I'm too conceited to take the easy way out and write short or conversational reviews.
Oh come on... it's a burden, sure, but it never stopped me from writing LOL And look at me now, I'm probably one of the best medium-to-short length, conceited conversational reviewers to ever walk the Silesian soil... at least between 2010-2014, that is.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 7:09pm
I don't think I've ever actually written a long review LOL
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 1:36am
Wubble wubble wubble.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 1:17pm
BAM BAM BAM
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 3:30pm
BOM BOM BOM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 258259260261262 328>
  Share Topic