MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252253254255256 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 8:17am
Oh I should probably add that Within Temptation were incredibly professional and they had a really good live sound. I just didn´t like the music one bit.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 8:41am
Understandable Jonas, understandable. They're definitely not every metalhead's cup of tea. Their first album is a lot different, but I don't know if you'd find it any more worthwhile. It's more like gothic metal with symphonic and doom elements than their current symphonic pop metal output. 

Best of luck with your op Bartosz. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 8:48am
I actually knew a girl who listened to Within Temptation back when they released their first couple of albums, so I´ve listened to them quite a lot actually. I remember I found them a bit more interesting back then.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 9:26am
Oooh food poisoning is no fun. Cry
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 10:09am
I was looking at the lineup of the CopenHell shows and Within Temptation were one of the bands that I think I would have liked to have seen.  Iron Maiden, Twisted Sister, and Anthrax would also be on the list of bands that I would like to see live.  Black Label Society and Monster Magnet are both bands that I am familiar with and like as well.  The rest of line-up looks like either artists I'm not familiar with or don't think that I would enjoy.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Oh hell no Dead
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Oh hell no Dead

I think it's the first time I've had food poisoning believe it or not.  It was the result of a dish I cooked myself.  My brother also got it, and we were the only two sharing the meal.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 6:50pm

Oh hell no Dead

I think it's the first time I've had food poisoning believe it or not.  It was the result of a dish I cooked myself.  My brother also got it, and we were the only two sharing the meal.
I love you maaan LOL Oh god, that cracked me up LOL
Your disarming honesty is what made me laugh by the way, dude, not the fact you're sick. For that, I'm sorry. I'm sure it had nothing to do with your cooking skills, though, I'm a terrible cook but never got sick from the shit I made!

I wish you both a quick recoverySmile

EDIT: really hope it didn't offend you Dan btw, I meant absolutely no offense.

Edited by bartosso - 16 Jun 2014 at 6:56pm
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 3:12pm
He hasn't come back, so apparently you really offended him. Wink  The Detroit Tigers' announcer missed the game yesterday apparently because of food poisoning.

Edited by rushfan4 - 26 Jun 2014 at 3:13pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 3:58pm
Yiiekks food poisoning is not something to joke about. oh...well I´m going to tell a Little funny anekdote about one time I had food poisoning anyway :-).

So one night I started feeling a bit nauseus and I went to the balcony of my (at the time) first floor Apartment and suddenly I had to vomit and I couldn´t get back inside the Apartment in time, so I vomitted over the balcony, Down on the street. I didn´t hit anyone, but boy people sure did look at me like I was a sick drunk or something like that. I was ill for several days.

On another note I just purchased tickets to see Morbid Angel in December. They´ll play the full Covenant album...
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 2:32am
I also remember someone dancing on a table in the AZ with a bottle of plonk in his hands......

Tongue

Edited by Colt - 27 Jun 2014 at 2:32am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 9:05am

Oh yeah there was something about that too :-)

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 4:18am
I´ll be gone on a weeks vacation. So you all when I return.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 11:13am
I didn't die, I swear
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 4:36pm
Seeing King Diamond in October!!! Big smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 2:54am
Always nice to see the King of Diamonds Thumbs Up
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 2:21pm
So I forgot to mention that im traveling Europe right now. Currently in Copenhagen, just got back from Roskilde Festival. Got to see Electric Wizard and Dark Buddah Rising as well as the Rolling Stones, Stevie Wonder, Jack White, Mogwai, and many others.
But Holy hell, I've felt like I've been hungover all day, just so exhausted. Totally worth it though.

But, if any of you danish folks are in Copenhagen and feel like a beer with a Canadian in the next few days, that would be cool

Planning on heading to Germany in the next couple days as well. Not really sure where yet, have to figure that one out. Have a rail pass so I can pretty much go anywhere. Also, couches to crash on are really cool and I can provide beer if anyone is down with a pretty sweet Canadian sleeping on their couch for a couple days. I think it would be really sweet to meet someone from here while I'm over the pond (even if I haven't really been active in quite a while)   

Edited by SKwid - 07 Jul 2014 at 2:25pm

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 3:26pm

Always nice to see the King of Diamonds Thumbs Up

He hasn't played in Canada since 2003.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

So I forgot to mention that im traveling Europe right now. Currently in Copenhagen, just got back from Roskilde Festival. Got to see Electric Wizard and Dark Buddah Rising as well as the Rolling Stones, Stevie Wonder, Jack White, Mogwai, and many others.
But Holy hell, I've felt like I've been hungover all day, just so exhausted. Totally worth it though.

But, if any of you danish folks are in Copenhagen and feel like a beer with a Canadian in the next few days, that would be cool

Planning on heading to Germany in the next couple days as well. Not really sure where yet, have to figure that one out. Have a rail pass so I can pretty much go anywhere. Also, couches to crash on are really cool and I can provide beer if anyone is down with a pretty sweet Canadian sleeping on their couch for a couple days. I think it would be really sweet to meet someone from here while I'm over the pond (even if I haven't really been active in quite a while)   

I´m on vacation from Work at the moment and I can probably find a few hours in the calendar to spend with a MMA friend, so PM if you´d like to meet, and I´ll send you my cell phone number.

I actually just drove by the Roskilde Festival on the freeway Saturday night, driving home from a summer residence where I was staying with the Family. I haven´t been there myself since 1995, but it looked inviting Beer

Edited by UMUR - 07 Jul 2014 at 5:06pm
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 9:28am
bupm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252253254255256 327>
  Share Topic