MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234235236237238 328>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Doomster Doomster wrote:

Just earlier today at school my pathetic bitchskank of a "friend" criticized my drawing skills when I asked her for help, and fucking laughed in my face and humiliated me in front of my entire class. It's seems that whenever I'm getting better in this cold, dull and bleak cesspit of a world I'm always getting shoved into a new pile of shit. Fucking unbelievable.

Everything that should be said has already been said so... Just don't loose confidence and don't let the mean people bring you down to their level.
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 8:55pm
Oh, high school...how I miss you so.

You're going to be pleasantly surprised once you get to a place (whether it be work or college) where people act their age.  It's quite shocking.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 4:45pm
Boy aint this the truth:

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 4:53pm
^Yeah that�s pretty much how it isLOL

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 4:55pm
I�m on vacation, so I went completely nuts today and wrote 9 reviews. Some I had started writing a long time ago and just finished and some I wrote from scratch...anyone else work that way. You know...in chunks?
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:51pm
Nope.  Same as any other writing, I've gotta do it in one sitting or I lose my train of thought.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 8:07pm

Kawa�  ^^ !!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 2:07am
^Ha ha sweet...
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 4:16am
Guys, I wanted to share this with you. In me teenage years, I was in a thrash band called Erector. We recorded a bunch of songs and released some of them on a demo tape. One of the other guys from that band has recently created an Erector tribute page on Facebook where you can hear two songs from the demo. Check it out here: http://www.facebook.com/erectordk/app_178091127385

Mind you the production is demo quality, and this stuff was recorded almost 20 years ago.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 5:20am
^Damn Kim that actually sounds pretty professional (send me a copy and I�ll do a reviewWink). Nice grooveHeadbanger.
Way more professional (and in another style) than what I was doing around the same time: http://www.myspace.com/lastabide

Edited by UMUR - 16 Feb 2013 at 5:23am
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 5:23am
But your band logo was more awesome than ours ;-)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 5:24am
^Ha ha yeah you should have seen the original. It�s my cousin who made the drawing. He has tatoos, that he has drawn himself up and down his arms that looks pretty much like that logo.

Edited by UMUR - 16 Feb 2013 at 5:24am
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 5:34am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^Damn Kim that actually sounds pretty professional (send me a copy and I�ll do a reviewWink). Nice grooveHeadbanger.

I actually don't have a copy of the demo, but the guy who made the facebook page does. I think he's going to upload all the songs from the demo at some point. To be honest, I'd forgotten all about the 'Scapegoat for Life'-song; haven't heard it in like 17 years. The other one was featured on Fuck You We're From Denmark 4, and I wrote most of it, so that one I hadn't forgotten.

Way more professional (and in another style) than what I was doing around the same time: http://www.myspace.com/lastabide

I listened to the songs some time ago, and I quite like them. They have more of a death-doom ring to them, and, at times, strike me as being kinda progressive.

In any case.... 80s-90s demo tapes rule! ;-)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 5:45am
I think that�s a pretty good description of how Last Abide sounded like. Already back then I was sick and tired of the vers/chorus formula and wanted to do something with lots of riffs and sections, that weren�t necessarily repeated (well most of them are two times) and since I was the main composer, that how the songs ended up being structured. The other guys had some input to the songs when I had finished writing them, which made them more dynamic, but other than that I wrote the music. The lyrics were (mostly) written by our frontman.
It�s been years (at least 10 years) since I�ve played metal though and I don�t even know if I could play or compose anything interesting anymore, but I�m sure sometime in the future I�m going to give it a go again. probably as a one-man project kinda thing for my own amusement. 
...and yeah I love those old demo tapesThumbs Up

Edited by UMUR - 16 Feb 2013 at 5:51am
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 6:39am

It�s been years (at least 10 years) since I�ve played metal though and I don�t even know if I could play or compose anything interesting anymore, but I�m sure sometime in the future I�m going to give it a go again. probably as a one-man project kinda thing for my own amusement. 

Let me know if you want to make it a two-man project ;-)

Anyway, one of the bands that I'm in has an EP coming out this year. We contributed to the HCAII compilation some years ago with a track called 'Lifebound'. Here's a link to the raw version of the track (we felt that the one on the compilation was too polished, and we all like this version better).
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 8:46am
------

Edited by IMPF2112 - 20 Nov 2017 at 3:25pm
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 3:39pm
Yeah, I noticed that they changed a few things earlier today. I'm not sure I'll ever end up using that feature... too lazy. Tongue
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 5:19pm
^Me neither. I think it�s a redundant option. I base my ratings on a full album and not how a few tracks sound. Maybe younger users (and I guess you don�t fall under that generalization JeffLOL), who are more used to the download format, where you can purchase specific tracks off an album will find it useful.

Edited by UMUR - 16 Feb 2013 at 5:20pm
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 7:12pm
I've seen a fair amount of reviews on RYM where the reviewer gives each track a star rating and then an album rating separately, either from an average of the tracks or perhaps adjusted for other reasons, so I guess I could see it being a useful feature.

Edited by A Person - 16 Feb 2013 at 7:13pm
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 7:34pm

Edited by IMPF2112 - 13 Feb 2019 at 6:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234235236237238 328>
  Share Topic