MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 8:01pm
I'm green with envy! Have a great time, Jonas! Big smile
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 12:19am
I just came down from this thing: http://www.pstramway.com/, and I�m afraid of hights, so I was shaking all the way up and all the way down...but even though it was night it was beautiful. Some things are worth doing even though they fill you with terror...
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 8:29am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I just came down from this thing: http://www.pstramway.com/, and I�m afraid of hights, so I was shaking all the way up and all the way down...but even though it was night it was beautiful. Some things are worth doing even though they fill you with terror...

I used to be really afraid of heights as well. The best way to get over it is doig it a lot unfortunately. I've gotten over it by doing really dumb things.....

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 10:21pm
Speaking of heights, here's a guy flying on a wing suit to a Limbonic Art song while the universe explodes.

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 10:46pm
Since I used 40k as my basis for my naming star system for music on RYM, I'm trying to do the same for my movie ratings on there using Fantasy armies.  However, I don't play Fantasy, so I list my level of interest in armies so far, but even then there's only three on there.

5/5: Skaven
4.5/5: Warriors of Chaos
0.5/5: Bretonnia
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 9:12pm
My great grandmother passed away today at 88. Cry Ripe old age, but it's still remarkably difficult letting go of somebody as close to me as she was. Anyone else ever have a tough time losing an elderly relative?
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

My great grandmother passed away today at 88. Cry Ripe old age, but it's still remarkably difficult letting go of somebody as close to me as she was. Anyone else ever have a tough time losing an elderly relative?

That's too bad, Jeff.  It was tough losing both of my grandfathers for sure.  They both died in opposite ways, one through long suffering with numerous hospital visits and the other a quick heart attack.  It's such a weird thing that when you lose an old relative that you know you can lose them any time but you're still never ready for it. Cry

I've yet to mention it here, but I just lost a friend I went to university with.  He was only my age (27).  The family held a gathering yesterday, and it was so amazing to see how many people attended.  One of those guys who you'd feel at ease with from the day you meet him.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

That's too bad, Jeff.  It was tough losing both of my grandfathers for sure.  They both died in opposite ways, one through long suffering with numerous hospital visits and the other a quick heart attack.  It's such a weird thing that when you lose an old relative that you know you can lose them any time but you're still never ready for it. Cry

I've yet to mention it here, but I just lost a friend I went to university with.  He was only my age (27).  The family held a gathering yesterday, and it was so amazing to see how many people attended.  One of those guys who you'd feel at ease with from the day you meet him.

I'm sorry to hear about that, Dan. I hope you're hanging in there. Thumbs Up
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 3:39am

I�m sorry to hear that, and that of course counts for the both of you. I lost my grandmother just before Christmas. She was diagnosed with an evil stomach cancer last summer, and suffered a hellish last year, but she was 85 and told me she was ready to die. I guess that�s a slight comfort. Someone dying at 27 is just plain wrong (while it�s nature that rules and I do accept that it still feels wrong). I can�t imagine the pain his parents must feel...
Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 6:00am

Sorry to hear about your loss. I am 54 so have had to deal with the death of all my older relatives - I am now the oldest in my small family although my Father-in-law is still going strong at 84. I will say I still miss my Gran and my Mother but the loss reduces with time. I also lost my best mate last year and he was only 55 and that was really difficult to deal with as you think the reaper is coming for me soon!  Anyways, just remember the good times that you spent together and let time take care of the rest. Ying Yang
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 10:23am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I�m sorry to hear that, and that of course counts for the both of you. I lost my grandmother just before Christmas. She was diagnosed with an evil stomach cancer last summer, and suffered a hellish last year, but she was 85 and told me she was ready to die. I guess that�s a slight comfort. Someone dying at 27 is just plain wrong (while it�s nature that rules and I do accept that it still feels wrong). I can�t imagine the pain his parents must feel...

My condolences, Jonas. I totally agree - though it's hard to lose loved ones at any age, dying that young is terrible. Unhappy

Originally posted by Daysbetween Daysbetween wrote:

Sorry to hear about your loss. I am 54 so have had to deal with the death of all my older relatives - I am now the oldest in my small family although my Father-in-law is still going strong at 84. I will say I still miss my Gran and my Mother but the loss reduces with time. I also lost my best mate last year and he was only 55 and that was really difficult to deal with as you think the reaper is coming for me soon!  Anyways, just remember the good times that you spent together and let time take care of the rest. Ying Yang

Sorry to hear about that, George. Hope you're doing alright without him. It's always a bit surreal to think that death could be right around the corner, especially when you don't believe in an afterlife or any supernatural stuff. I try to make every day count because you never know what the next one might bring. Thumbs Up
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 3:23pm
Wow, I'm terribly sorry for all of your losses.  Losing a loved one can be horrible, I hope you're all doing OK.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:12pm
My condolences, Jeff. Just last autumn my remaining grandmother died of a cancer :(
Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 7:07pm
Just earlier today at school my pathetic bitchskank of a "friend" criticized my drawing skills when I asked her for help, and fucking laughed in my face and humiliated me in front of my entire class. It's seems that whenever I'm getting better in this cold, dull and bleak cesspit of a world I'm always getting shoved into a new pile of shit. Fucking unbelievable.
Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 7:08pm

I lost my grandpa in 2008. First major loss I ever experienced. Sorry to hear that.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Doomster Doomster wrote:

Just earlier today at school my pathetic bitchskank of a "friend" criticized my drawing skills when I asked her for help, and fucking laughed in my face and humiliated me in front of my entire class. It's seems that whenever I'm getting better in this cold, dull and bleak cesspit of a world I'm always getting shoved into a new pile of shit. Fucking unbelievable.

Do you live in a town full of old fucks and Christian conservatives?  If so, I can relate.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Doomster Doomster wrote:

Wish I had some good advice for you there, but it's tough to deal with people that are cruel fucks. Was her intention to embarrass you? Sometimes people aren't any good at making 'harmless jokes' without coming across as rude and inconsiderate... if you're close with her at all, you might want to mention it to her and hopefully it won't happen again. It doesn't sound like you're in any state to approach her about it, though. Ermm

On the bright side, just keep in mind that you won't have to deal with these people forever. Once you're out of school, it's unlikely that you'll have to see most of them ever again. Big smile
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 10:07am

Once you're out of school, it's unlikely that you'll have to see most of them ever again. Big smile
this
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 12:03pm
Yeah exactly. You�ll go to a new school (high school, University...whatever) and meet new people and eventually you�ll get at job and meet new people there. I�m sure you�ll find friendlier and more mature people to hang out with somewhere down the road...
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 2:00pm
I've heard that the bullying and shit like that can be very serious in American high schools, so - coming from a very different culture -  I can't really relate to your situation. Still, I think it's a matter of just ignoring people like her, and, as the other guys say, eventually you'll move on and meet some more sympathetic people down the line.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 327>
  Share Topic