MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 8:55am
Love it! I guess all politicians make mistakes, Bush just made so many that I find him absolutely hilarious.
The Truth View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 11:01am

Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 11:54am
Anyone else see/planning on seeing the Heritage and Hunter tour with Ghost, Opeth, and Mastodon?  I went last night and it was absolutely killer!  
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 12:25pm
How many growly songs did Opeth do? That's one of the best tour packages I've ever seen, rivals that System of a Down/The Mars Volta thing around 2005. Of course they both were just North American tours, you lucky bastards. But well, I saw Opeth and Mastodon on their own gigs recently, Mastodon was total killer and Opeth good too.

Russian Circles tonight.
<- Click on this!
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

How many growly songs did Opeth do? That's one of the best tour packages I've ever seen, rivals that System of a Down/The Mars Volta thing around 2005. Of course they both were just North American tours, you lucky bastards. But well, I saw Opeth and Mastodon on their own gigs recently, Mastodon was total killer and Opeth good too.

Russian Circles tonight.

They only did a couple I think.  One was Demon of the Fall and the other was the Grand Conjuration.  They were both at the end of the setlist.  It was funny because the crowd really exploded then, as if they had been waiting the whole night to get something heavy. 

I must say that the material from Heritage sounds a LOT better live than it did on the album.  Much more energy and bite. 

Have fun at Russian Circles.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 12:57pm
Thanks, I'm sure it will be good.

The Opeth show I saw was pretty early in the tour when they only did songs with clean vocals. I'm all for bands doing as they please, but I must admit I missed the heavy stuff a bit. Good gig anyway, but by far the least enjoyable from the four indoor Opeth gigs I've seen.
<- Click on this!
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Big smile

to  his defence, its clear that he misspoke and meant 47, he is reading off something pre-written, and its really easy to miss typos like that  when you are doing public speaking  

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 2:52pm
But Bush could have looked into the binoculars for half a second before noticing the covers on, then taking them off.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 4:16pm
The description of the job that i am doing for the summer was (and i quote)  "  to have him work inside Oracle and collect and analyze production data for different types of work and projects. For example, how much time (hours) does it take to develop a specific tasks in different projects. And what is the duration (when start and finish occurs � this is independent of workload needed)" I've already figured out how to write a perl program to collect all the data and write it into an excel spreadsheet. I want to impress, but im worried that i wont have any work to do for the rest of the summer. oh well, i can always play flash games for 20$ an hour.Cool

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Diogenes Diogenes wrote:

Anyone else see/planning on seeing the Heritage and Hunter tour with Ghost, Opeth, and Mastodon?  I went last night and it was absolutely killer!  

It's in Edmonton after I leave to work for the summer, but in Calgary before I'm down there Angry

Russian Circles, Badbadnotgood, Tim Hecker, and Black Mastiff (a local stoner rock band) are going to be at Sled Island this summer, guess I will probably go see them
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 8:14pm
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89720

Lesson learned from this reading: if you need drugs to "enhance" a live concert experience, it probably means the band plays a half-assed/shitty live performance.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 12:24pm
i have learned how sunn o)) makes all their dro))ne 

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

It's in Edmonton after I leave to work for the summer, but in Calgary before I'm down there Angry

Russian Circles, Badbadnotgood, Tim Hecker, and Black Mastiff (a local stoner rock band) are going to be at Sled Island this summer, guess I will probably go see them

when doyou leave for the summer?

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89720

Lesson learned from this reading: if you need drugs to "enhance" a live concert experience, it probably means the band plays a half-assed/shitty live performance.

..he he yeah well opinions differ greatly on that subject. That�s for sureSmile
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

i have learned how sunn o)) makes all their dro))ne 

I hope it wasn't an expensive guitar...
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 1:48pm
Hmmm.... she actually looks a lot like someone I went to school with.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 1:51pm

Probably the 28th.  Start work May 1st
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 2:59pm

Probably the 28th.  Start work May 1st
ill have to crash at your place for sled island 

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 3:03pm
I maybe didn't look close enough, but Russian Circles was the only of those 4 I found you could buy tickets for.  Kind of don't want to go for the festival pass, not enough bands I care about there
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 2:16pm
Cool, so The Dwelling has been sitting in the top five for like four weeks now?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 327>
  Share Topic