MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 306307308309310 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 1:42pm
Just seen this on Facebook. Not great quality but too good not to re-post:

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 4:45am
Brilliant
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 8:57am
^^ Very good. LOL
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 9:23am
I know we have the new covid variant, but I wonder how much the increase in numbers in the UK is due to the relaxation of the rules at Christmas and people breaking the rules at New Year? I'm sure plenty of people didn't stick to the 3 household mixing rules at Christmas as well.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 9:33am
People aren't sticking to the rules even without the holidays. But they have certainly made the problem worse. We are still feeling the fallout from this and won't see any improvement in figures for a while. 

Drove down my local high street today for the first time in a while and I was surprised by how many people were just stood about despite being in lockdown, Sunday and fucking freezing to top it all off. 

Social distancing going on: 0%. We have fairly wide pavements but people just don't even try to make space for each other. Several family's also all out together just letting their kids run all over the place. 

The local Lidl was absolutely heaving with people with no limits on who can go in and out. In the first wave all kinds of limits and safety measures were put in place by the supermarkets. The only one in Halstead still doing that is Sainsburys. 

Edited by adg211288 - 10 Jan 2021 at 9:33am
GG2U

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 9:35am
as far as I can tell, closing all the bars and gyms just made everybody hang out all day at the grocery stores
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 1:19am
The world is a really depressing place. Too much fucking hatred....the problem is, you can't combat hate w/ hate..it just doesn't work!
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 7:33am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

People aren't sticking to the rules even without the holidays. But they have certainly made the problem worse. We are still feeling the fallout from this and won't see any improvement in figures for a while. 

Drove down my local high street today for the first time in a while and I was surprised by how many people were just stood about despite being in lockdown, Sunday and fucking freezing to top it all off. 

Social distancing going on: 0%. We have fairly wide pavements but people just don't even try to make space for each other. Several family's also all out together just letting their kids run all over the place. 

The local Lidl was absolutely heaving with people with no limits on who can go in and out. In the first wave all kinds of limits and safety measures were put in place by the supermarkets. The only one in Halstead still doing that is Sainsburys. 

Yes, same around here. If only people did stick to the rules we'd get out of this quicker. I think people have had enough of following rules with the result that more people are breaking them. They don't seem to realise that the Government will tighten restrictions even more if they don't comply. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 7:48am
Everyone's fucked off with it now but by stopping they're just throwing away all the sacrifice already made. I can't believe so few people (especially around here) seem to realise that. 

And when tougher restrictions come (which they will at this rate), they'll do what they usually do and blame Boris. 

My thoughts on the PM have gone all over the place since this started but I mostly feel support for him currently. Yes he's made a ton of mistakes managing this from day one but it's not his fault that the vast majority seem to have no respect for the government (and apparently their own well-being). They wouldn't be behaving any different with May or Cameron still in power. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:36pm
I had to have a COVID test today. Not the most pleasant experience!

I went to the doctor for a six monthly check out, where he usually takes my blood pressure and says it's too high, tells me to exercise more, and lose weight. Not this time.

I got a cold before Christmas from a workmate. The damn cough just won't go away, and air conditioning at the office sets it off. So I had to own up to this when I went to the doctor. The nurse made me put on a mask and go back out to my car. The doc called me and I told him what the story was, and he reckoned it was just a cold, but since I had respiratory symptoms, a test was compulsory.

A few minutes later, out he comes in a full gown, face mask and all. And then I got a great big long cotton bud stuck up my nose until it felt like it was coming out the back of my head.

There hasn't been a case of COVID in the community in the South Island where I live since April last year, so I'm really lucky. No need to self-isolate because I'm a low risk for having had COVID.

But yeah, not nice.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 9:31am
Some more encouraging trend in the UK's case figures (deaths are horrendous though) over the last week save one spike back to 55K in one day. 

Really annoying that my town doesn't seem to have got the memo. While local areas around us are falling including in the much bigger town of Braintree, Halstead can't seem to much any progress without then creeping back up to where we were before if not higher. Today's figures show we are -7 from a week ago, but areas around us are more like -20 or more. 

The lowest we've been in the last 10 days is 75 cases. We're currently on 78. We're among the areas that was on Tier 4 first and we are making zero progress. We are only an average sized town. All the larger towns in the area are dropping case totals at a much faster rate. 

We haven't had any police in Halstead for years, so there's no one here to do anything about rulebreakers. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 4:42am
I've had toothache for five days straight now (bloody wisdom teeth that have never come through) and the last thing I want to do right now is have to go to the dentist. I know it's probably safe enough, but I keep hoping it'll calm down. I've had trouble on and off for them for years, but not for this long in one go. Oddly I get less trouble with the one wisdom tooth I know is impacted from a x-ray I had done a couple of years ago, then I do from the straight ones. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 1:07pm
My parents got their first vaccine's booked today. 

We all know that the jab is not a get out of jail free card, but it's a weight off my mind that they will be getting it. I'm bothered about the new 12 week interval though. 

Long way until the country is out of the woods yet.
GG2U

BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 1:18pm

I've had toothache for five days straight now (bloody wisdom teeth that have never come through) and the last thing I want to do right now is have to go to the dentist. I know it's probably safe enough, but I keep hoping it'll calm down. I've had trouble on and off for them for years, but not for this long in one go. Oddly I get less trouble with the one wisdom tooth I know is impacted from a x-ray I had done a couple of years ago, then I do from the straight ones. 

Toothache is an utterly miserable thing to endure. I had to get a wisdom tooth taken out 2 years ago as it had grown in almost horizontally and was causing excruciating pain in the second molar along from it. Strangely enough, in the days preceeding the extraction, I found the Annadin Extra I bought in a corner shop provided better acute pain relief than the prescription of co-codamol I was given. The only true relief came from having it professionally dealt with.
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 2:41pm

Nothing worse than toothache, hope it settles down. I've had my last 3 dental appointments cancelled by the dentist since July. Only check ups and to be honest I'd rather not go at the moment anyway, unless I have to.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 2:43pm

My parents got their first vaccine's booked today. 

We all know that the jab is not a get out of jail free card, but it's a weight off my mind that they will be getting it. I'm bothered about the new 12 week interval though. 

Long way until the country is out of the woods yet.

Glad to hear it. My parents, both 85, had it a week ago. Pissed off my daughter hasn't managed to get hers yet and she's a radiographer with the NHS dealing with Covid every shift.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 3:01pm
That's really dumb, all hospital staff should be priority. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 3:43pm
^ completely agree. Hope she stays safe.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 4:33pm
I dread going to the dentist but I know I have to! Maybe even an oral surgeon, as I have two HUGE cavity's w/ exposed nerves that shoot excruciating pain by even the slightest touch! I have to be EXTREMELY careful how I eat or PAIN comes! Not looking forward to it..Unhappy
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 9:15am
The UK is only reporting 22; new Covid cases today. Last Monday was about 37K.

Really hope this isn't an error because that's a massive drop!
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 306307308309310 327>
  Share Topic