MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 301302303304305 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 1:47pm
I get my fill of musical (and film) snobbery on RYM.

Edited by adg211288 - 21 Nov 2020 at 1:48pm
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 1:37am
Looks like Trump's never going to concede the election but does seem to be grudgingly moving forward with the handover plans now. And here I was expecting a White House showdown that mirrors the end of Scarface. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 2:30am
Don't worry, the men in the white coats will be coming to take him away very soon.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 9:12am
Scarface...he he, yeah that would have been epic. But then again the man doesn´t deserve epic. He deserves to be forgotten and never talked about again. Ignoring fools is almost always the best way to deal with them...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 7:30am
Not really a meme so I'll just drop this here instead of that thread:

Not sure I fit any of these personally, but I have definitely encountered people that do!
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 10:25am
I'd say I'm a mix of classic metal purist, gatekeeper, and Dad...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 8:24am
I lost a family member to Covid-19 yesterday. Not someone I ever recall meeting, one of my late grandmother's many siblings. My grandmother passed age 100 at the start of the year, before Covid really kicked off. She was one of nine (!) children. Now there is only one left, who my Mum and Aunt were supposed to go visit this year but were never able to because of this horrible disease. I really hope they will still get that chance. This feels like the verge of an end of an era for my family. 

I didn't post this looking for sympathy. As I said, I didn't know the lady who died and as my Mum tells it my grandmother never much liked that sister, but I felt a need to share and to once again convey my well wishes to all the MMA crowd as we hopefully are reaching a light at the end of the tunnel of this nightmare of a year. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 9:44am
My area has just become the local Covid hotspot in the space of one week. On our tracking map for cases a week ago we were back to to the white/light green grids with only a handful of cases. Since figures from about five days after the end of lockdown 2.0 were added we are now in the purple (highest amount) for the first time since this all began with over a 100 cases in the area. I've seen the pictures in the news from the so called Wild Wednesday and I'm horrified by the behaviour caught on camera. I'm seeing so much evidence that restrictions should absolutely not be relaxed over Christmas. We obviously need to be back in lockdown because people can't be trusted to be sensible. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:48am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I lost a family member to Covid-19 yesterday. Not someone I ever recall meeting, one of my late grandmother's many siblings. My grandmother passed age 100 at the start of the year, before Covid really kicked off. She was one of nine (!) children. Now there is only one left, who my Mum and Aunt were supposed to go visit this year but were never able to because of this horrible disease. I really hope they will still get that chance. This feels like the verge of an end of an era for my family. 

I didn't post this looking for sympathy. As I said, I didn't know the lady who died and as my Mum tells it my grandmother never much liked that sister, but I felt a need to share and to once again convey my well wishes to all the MMA crowd as we hopefully are reaching a light at the end of the tunnel of this nightmare of a year. 

It's sad isn't it. I'm always reminded of lost family at this time of year. We had such good family Christmas Party's that I have happy memories of when I was a kid and sadly most of them aren't with us anymore. Even lost cousins. Fortunately My Mum and Dad are still here at 85 years old.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:51am

My area has just become the local Covid hotspot in the space of one week. On our tracking map for cases a week ago we were back to to the white/light green grids with only a handful of cases. Since figures from about five days after the end of lockdown 2.0 were added we are now in the purple (highest amount) for the first time since this all began with over a 100 cases in the area. I've seen the pictures in the news from the so called Wild Wednesday and I'm horrified by the behaviour caught on camera. I'm seeing so much evidence that restrictions should absolutely not be relaxed over Christmas. We obviously need to be back in lockdown because people can't be trusted to be sensible. 

Lifting restrictions at Christmas is a big mistake I think. If we're not in another lockdown in January I'll be very surprised. People will even bend the rules of the relaxed restrictions. Give 'em an inch...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 12:05pm
The trouble is that people are going to flout, especially on Xmas day, regardless of what Boris says they can and can't do. But still, why enable them?

We're all going to be acting based on normal rules and precautions as we have been all along through the festive period and hope we'll get to see family next year. 

But right now it is making the trips to the supermarkets that are the concern because it's like most of my town has just given up any pretence of trying to stop the spread. 

We may have a vaccine now but it's still far too early for people to think that it's over. 

I think we will be in full lockdown again after Xmas. If we're not it will just prove (again) how clueless our government is over this. There's no way that lockdown 2 should have been lifted so completely when it was. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 5:57am
Ruby is my spirit animal. Lol.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 11:14am
I hate politics.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

I hate politics.

Considering your location, I'm not surprised!LOL
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 1:19pm
^LOL! Yeah, pretty much!LOL
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 4:49pm

The trouble is that people are going to flout, especially on Xmas day, regardless of what Boris says they can and can't do. But still, why enable them?

We're all going to be acting based on normal rules and precautions as we have been all along through the festive period and hope we'll get to see family next year. 

But right now it is making the trips to the supermarkets that are the concern because it's like most of my town has just given up any pretence of trying to stop the spread. 

We may have a vaccine now but it's still far too early for people to think that it's over. 

I think we will be in full lockdown again after Xmas. If we're not it will just prove (again) how clueless our government is over this. There's no way that lockdown 2 should have been lifted so completely when it was. 

I don't think we need any more proof on how clueless our Government is, they fuck up at every turn. Now they talking about u-turning on the lifting of Xmas restrictions. That'll be worse than if they hadn't made the promise in the first place as this late in the day everyone is going to say fuck you Boris and do what they want.

We're having a quiet day at home.

Edited by Nightfly - 15 Dec 2020 at 4:50pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 5:39am
I'm concerned over this new strain that has emerged in the UK too. I know that mutations are normal behaviour for the virus and that Covid-19 has mutated before (I saw one source say that there are over 4000 variants), but it's concerning how quickly my area went from barely any cases to over a 100. Those figures do also coincide with five days after lockdown lifted and an incubation period following 'Wild Wednesday' but still, it's a worry. 

This is us as of a few days ago: 

Verses a week ago:

The central part of Halstead where I live was on 9 cases a week ago (before than we were even in the white on the map for supressed data (0-2 cases)). Currently we have instead 56, not counting the surrounding grids. Which are 37 to the east and 71 to the west. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 2:31pm
I think we can all agree w/ this guy, lol.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 4:28pm
^ Looks interesting. Will have to watch fully when I have a bit more time.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 4:34pm

I'm concerned over this new strain that has emerged in the UK too. I know that mutations are normal behaviour for the virus and that Covid-19 has mutated before (I saw one source say that there are over 4000 variants), but it's concerning how quickly my area went from barely any cases to over a 100. Those figures do also coincide with five days after lockdown lifted and an incubation period following 'Wild Wednesday' but still, it's a worry. 

This is us as of a few days ago: 

Verses a week ago:

The central part of Halstead where I live was on 9 cases a week ago (before than we were even in the white on the map for supressed data (0-2 cases)). Currently we have instead 56, not counting the surrounding grids. Which are 37 to the east and 71 to the west. 

Middlesbrough where I live has never been low. At one point in November we were up to 499 per 100,000. The lockdown brought it down and we've been in Tier 3 since. We dropped to 171 per 100,00 but in recent days it's gone back above 200 so what does that say about the effectiveness of Tier 3?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 301302303304305 327>
  Share Topic