MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 299300301302303 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 9:00am
we allegedly have 0 active cases in my town

I don't know anybody who has been tested

anyway I miss the gym
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 2:48am
How a major update for Windows 10 go and start at 11:30 PM last night. 1:15 AM it finally finishes.

The only thing I can see that it did was fuck up my monitor settings. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 2:51am
It meant I had to fuck about for half an hour this morning getting my work PC going. In the end it required the old "pull the power cord and count to 10" trick.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:05am
^Yeah we actually had some issues at Work today with people not being able to start up their labtops after having removed them from their docking stations and returning them again. I suspect this major update may have something to do with it.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:10am
Oh...and on corona related news, half of Denmark is in lockdown Again (including the municipality where I live) as the infection numbers are rising Again. It was anticipated, but it was still sad to hear that bars and restaurants now have to close at 10 PM and only 500 people are now allowed into football matches. Masks everywhere too (forced use in public transportation....damn I love my car). I´m not saying it´s not necessary, but I´m beginning to feel depressed and worn out by this Whole situation. I haven´t been to a concert since mid-February, which is very unusual for me, and sitting Down at a football match...nah that´s completely wrong in my World (if I can even get into the stadium). It´s just that when you don´t have anything to look forward to in your daily life, other than go to Work, go home, sleep, and then everything just starts over the NeXT day, with very Little variation...I´m just tired...and need variation.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:33am
Looks like you're on a second wave just like we are Jonas. 

It does get really depressing. Especially seeing people breaking the rules every day, hearing about people protesting the 'fake' pandemic and in general being a bunch of gormless fools. 

I have days where I cannot get motivated to do anything. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 1:21pm
Well the thing is... I have to be motivated getting the kids to school, going to Work, purchasing groceries, making dinner, and all the other regular daily chores, which under normal circumstances are alright, but that´s because there are Little lights at the end of the tunnel in the form of concerts and football matches, which are the two Things I do to have some fun and excitement in my life, and I really don´t need much more than those two Things to let some steam out once in a while, but as Things are now, there are only the daily chores to look forward to...day in, day out...so yeah I´m near a state of depression, or at least a point where I don´t smile when I wake up in the morning. And the prospect of this lasting for maybe at least one more year is devastating to my mood Ouch

I´m a fairly simple guy, with fairly simple needs, but when I´m stuck in the rut with no escape in sight, I can become your worst nightmare...I look at myself shouting angrily at people in traffic I normally wouldn´t react to (yeah they are bloody fools, but I usually just take a breath and reach my zen and ignore them), and having destructive thoughts, and I´m sure the pandemic isolation situation has a lot to do with it. I´m fuckin´ sick of it...

...sometimes I feel like I´m this close...to going
Falling Down Poster

LOL

Edited by UMUR - 16 Sep 2020 at 1:31pm
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 4:40am
My mom IM'ed me this on FB recently:
Clearly she gets me!LOL
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 5:04am
LOL That's good!
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 5:50am
^^ doom metal guy is smiling... it can't be. Big smile
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 6:19am
I think the Doom one is actually Stoner Metal. 
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 6:34am
It's grindcore that cracks me up LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 8:23am
I love the Metallica one...
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

It's grindcore that cracks me up LOL

This... looks like Donald Duck combing his hair with an axe.Cool
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 1:44pm
Eddie Van Halen passed away today of cancer, age 65
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Eddie Van Halen passed away today of cancer, age 65

Eddie and VH is my youth, I can't believe it... 
WTF... Cry
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 4:58am
And here we are, heading back into a second national lockdown in the UK.

No one really wants this but it's not before time. The virus is now completely out of control here and every day I fear a bit more for the safety of my older relatives. Every time I have to go out for food shopping I see more and more people paying no attention to social distancing and not using provided hand gel outside shops or wearing masks properly. The local schools are following guidelines to try to keep the kids safe but almost all of them seem to ignore guidelines as soon as they're off the grounds. And there's still idiots who should know better trying to deny that this is happening at all. 

I'm starting to feel really fucking depressed to be honest. We're headed for a right miserable Christmas. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 7:02am
This country's whole response has been a lot of too little, too late on the curbing measures and too much, too soon on the trying to get back to normal. We were down to under 5000 cases a week at one point. That was the point we really needed to be pushing hard on completely curbing this virus in the UK, not when we're getting over 20K a day on average and all earlier progress and sacrifice has just been tossed aside. It's not as if the warning wasn't there from the start that this would happen if mitigation wasn't good enough the first time around. Boris dragged his heels on Lockdown 1.0 and even more on Lockdown 2.0. And I don't honestly think this lockdown is going to do any good if he doesn't close the schools and universities again, because kids and students is where the main spread is obviously happening: crowd of about 15 to 20 teenagers loitering outside a local supermarket yesterday in my town, openly flouting the rule of six; no masks, just generally getting in everyone's way trying to shop. While our local cases are nowhere near as bad as up north, we are now the closest thing we have to a hotspot in the local area and there's definitely at least one whole class at my old secondary school that is completely infected. 

Edited by adg211288 - 01 Nov 2020 at 7:03am
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 1:56am
Now that Trump's lost the US election I have this image in my head of the army having to go in and drag him out of the White House kicking and screaming. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 2:51am
^Yeah that idiot probably won´t leave quietly. Why leave and show some respect, when you´ve shown none during your four year term...I generally try not to hate other people, but I truly dislike that man and everything he stands for. How any selfrespecting American (especially if your´re a part of a minority group or a woman), can look yourself in the mirror after voting for Trump is something I´ll never understand. The man is a pathetic lier with no substance. But I guess half of America are stupid people who can´t see through his act???...I don´t know, I just think the whole thing is so sad and it does not bode well for our future, if other types like Trump can be elected for positions of power. His term reminded me so much of The Dead Zone by Stephen King.

Edited by UMUR - 08 Nov 2020 at 2:57am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 299300301302303 327>
  Share Topic