MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 298299300301302 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Finally got the go ahead to start work again next week. Got used to this life and all the free time. Still plenty of jobs to do at home. If it wasn't for the money I wouldn't bother. 

Anyone else still waiting to go back or still having to work from home?

I'm off until Aug 28 because we still have no projects.  That's when the government subsidies expire. At that point I expect we are all getting laid off.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 12:14pm
Shit, that’s harsh, Colin. You making plans?
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I´ve been on Work Again rather than working from home for maybe 6 weeks now. No problems at my end, but a lot of my colleagues are still working from home and won´t return until early August.

Can't work from home when you're a Driving Instructor like me. LOL
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Finally got the go ahead to start work again next week. Got used to this life and all the free time. Still plenty of jobs to do at home. If it wasn't for the money I wouldn't bother. 

Anyone else still waiting to go back or still having to work from home?

I'm off until Aug 28 because we still have no projects.  That's when the government subsidies expire. At that point I expect we are all getting laid off.

Shit, that's a bit rough. Sadly I think a lot of people are going to be in a similar situation.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Fair play to her. She’s doing something meaningful in awful circumstances rather than the crap I can safely do from my home pc. I’ve huge admiration for what those in the NHS have had to do. And it doesn’t look like it’s going away any time soon either.

No unfortunately. Strangely enough the jobs got tougher as lockdown has eased though less risk to health.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 5:15pm
yeah, I'm on the lookout for a decent job in a different industry
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 8:05am
Well tomorrow is the day I finally go back to work full time after 14 weeks off. I've got used to having all this free time and I'm going to take badly to giving it up to get in the rat race again.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 1:38pm
This fucking song just popped up on my Spotify new releases feed.

Bunch of dumb fucks.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 4:13pm
You've probably all seen this but it's brilliant Smile

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 4:40pm
Yeah, that's such a great classic video, did they ever come out with an album? Never really looked into them past that cover.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 11:53am
This is pretty awesome. More lightsabers for everyone.

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by TheHeavyMetalCat TheHeavyMetalCat wrote:

This is pretty awesome. More lightsabers for everyone.

I downloaded a movie the other day called Harry potter and the Deadly Weapons, which has replaced all the magic in the first HP movie with guns. Unfortunately, I can't get the damn thing to play.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 1:26pm
I think that scene was more epic than any actual lightsaber duel in any actual Star Wars movie. 

I downloaded a lightsaber mod for Fallout 4. Fallout 4 with lightsabers is pretty damn fun too. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 12:20pm
Guess the second wave of Covid-19 in the UK is pretty official now with all the massive escalation over the last week. Over 3500 new cases today. By early July our lockdown had got new cases down to just over 4000 in a week. This week we have over 14000 with one day's tally still to come. I'd guessing a final total of over 16K for this week which will be our highest since mid-May. On the brighter side our deaths are down to a trickle and hospital patients on a ventilator remain minimal, but this is all very worrisome. This is exactly what all the predictions back at the start said would happen if mitigation wasn't handled effectively. I feel today like our government's response since day one has been a whole lot of doing things either too late or too soon. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 1:33pm
Try living in Bolton during this. We’re not only the Covid capital of the UK, the infection rate is double that of the area in second place.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 2:43pm
Damn Chris that's rough, stay safe mate. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Try living in Bolton during this. We’re not only the Covid capital of the UK, the infection rate is double that of the area in second place.

Stay well Chris. Middlesbrough where I am is on the watch list so a second lockdown is not far off if things get any worse.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 5:24pm
And here's me feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't play a bit of tennis over the winter...

Things are nearly getting back to normal here, and it's easy for us to lose sight of what's happening in the rest of the world. The new cases are in single figures every day, and all are linked to traced cases or imported people testing positive in quarantine.

Yes, we need to trace everywhere we've been. Yes, masks are recommended. Yes, we still have to wipe, clean, avoid groups etc. But what we haven't got is what you have - people getting sick and dying from this damn virus.

Whenever I get annoyed about the restrictions we have, I always think of what you guys are living with. I write about COVID every day at work and I deal with different regions of Australia, including Victoria, which is the hardest hit in that country. But somehow, the numbers and precautions and emails from work colleagues don't seem as real as what I find when I read about the everyday life you guys are going through. (This is part of the New Zealand psyche - we often feel like we're observing the rest of the world from afar.)

There's a Maori saying here - kia kaha. It means stand strong. It's the equivalent of the old British stiff upper lip and a bit more. It means stand strong for yourself, and be strong for others too, and those others will be strong for you too. It's said a lot when there's been a disaster (we've done a few of those in the past few years).

So from me to the rest of you not doing so well and facing tough times:

Kia kaha
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 1:17am
I'm personally in a more fortunate locale. My town comes under the Braintree District which currently has total cases of a mere 544 since it all kicked off. The nearest larger local authorities are Chelmsford (828 cases) and Colchester (774 cases). 

There's a map here where we can track where the actual transmission is happening in England, although it is always a few days behind on the latest data. The current 7 days it shows is Sep 1st to 7th. 

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=47574f7a6e454dc6a42c5f6912ed7076

It seems to be spreading more since the schools were re-opened. And I can see why because my house is on the usual walking route to the secondary school and whatever social distancing measures the school itself may be enforcing are clearly just going out the window with the kids to and from site. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 2:06am
^Big smile I actually Work for the Danish distributor of ArcGIS software from esri, which the map is created with.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 298299300301302 327>
  Share Topic