MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 294295296297298 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 1:12am
I'd actually missed hearing about these satellites before so actually wondered what the fuck was going on when I glanced up at the stars last night while outside trying to get the cat in. I had to look up what they were otherwise I was going to assume the aliens had arrived. Wink
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 1:23am
In these weird times I woulnd´t even be surprised if aliens landed in my backyard, and I would even welcome them with open arms and hope they could lift my mood and kill the boredom of C-virus containment life.

Edited by UMUR - 20 Apr 2020 at 1:24am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 1:25am
^Adorable isn´t he? Tongue
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 6:18am
One thing we can't get yet due to Covid-19 - ink for our printer. Price has also gone up by almost a third. 
GG2U

TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 6:59am
So guess who managed to fall off a ladder yesterday and break her arm? Yep, me. I didn't fall far but landed badly with the ladder actually falling on that arm. It happened so fast I'm still not sure why the ladder toppled the way it did. I do know that my brother was supposed to be steadying it for me but got distracted by our younger siblings running around the garden. He hasn't been able to look me in the eye today, though I don't blame him. It was just one of those freak things. I'm just glad in a way that the ladder didn't fall on my head or something. I've had a broken arm more than once before. I'm a cast and sling veteran.

This is not the kind of time one wants to end up in hospital though, which is probably the worse place to get Covid-19. Fortunately A&E was not actually that busy, I don't think people are using A&E are frivolously as they once were. The lady who looked after me was very kind, though looked tired and stressed.

But I am sitting here typing one handed and feeling a bit dejected. I was feeling rather useless to my family anyway and now I'm stuck in this cast for the foreseeable.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 7:28am
That’s awful bad luck. What the bloody hell were you doing up a ladder in the first place?
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 7:32am
Cleaning windows.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 7:41am
Wish I could get my daughter to clean the windows. Fair play, then.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 8:59am

Shame about the arm. That sounds painful Ouch

I´ve only once broken anything and that was  my Little finger. It happened in a moshpit at an Obituary concert in 1994-95.

On another topic...what the hell happened to the Manowar review I read on the FrontPage earlier today???
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 9:14am
^ Deleted because for some reason the author added a duplicate release to post it on. As it already existed in the database (with more complete details) it was removed and the review went with it. He's been informed and has been invited to re-post it. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 10:31am
Oh then it makes perfect sense Thumbs Up
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by TheHeavyMetalCat TheHeavyMetalCat wrote:

So guess who managed to fall off a ladder yesterday and break her arm? Yep, me. I didn't fall far but landed badly with the ladder actually falling on that arm. It happened so fast I'm still not sure why the ladder toppled the way it did. I do know that my brother was supposed to be steadying it for me but got distracted by our younger siblings running around the garden. He hasn't been able to look me in the eye today, though I don't blame him. It was just one of those freak things. I'm just glad in a way that the ladder didn't fall on my head or something. I've had a broken arm more than once before. I'm a cast and sling veteran.

This is not the kind of time one wants to end up in hospital though, which is probably the worse place to get Covid-19. Fortunately A&E was not actually that busy, I don't think people are using A&E are frivolously as they once were. The lady who looked after me was very kind, though looked tired and stressed.

But I am sitting here typing one handed and feeling a bit dejected. I was feeling rather useless to my family anyway and now I'm stuck in this cast for the foreseeable.

Ouch! That's rough. I have broken both of my arms at different times, so I can sympathise.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 4:59pm
^ Argh, not nice. Hope you soon recover Ashley.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 5:12pm
I'm always nervous around ladders for fear of falling, they never seem to feel sturdy enough. I try to avoid them when I can. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 5:30pm
^ OMG! Sorry to hear Kitty Cat. That fucking sucks. Wishing you the speediest healing recovery possible. I'm a bit squeamish with ladders too. I have a risk management sort of mind and can always perceive what can go wrong and avoid like the plague, i mean COVID-19. Be well, Ashley
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 6:37am
Thanks for all the wellwishes.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 11:55am
Some maniac has just driven along my road (a residential area) at high speed and killed my neighbour's cat. Angry There is blood everywhere. It's like a Cannibal Corpse album cover. 

And no, they did not stop. 

I thought it is was our cat for a moment. My heart is still thumping. And I'm terrified by how easily this could have been my cat. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 12:18pm
That makes me furious.

If anyone did this to my cat I don't care how long it would take to find them, I'd go John Wick on them so hard, broken arm be damned.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 3:36pm
^^ A certain type of person, scum in other words, probably think they can get away with driving however they like on the roads at the moment. I haven't seen a single mobile speed camera since this all kicked off so they probably think they're less likely to be caught.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 3:43pm
There was a known gang member killed locally in a crash on Tuesday night. Had no reason to be on the road, alcohol and drugs were involved, not wearing a seat belt. He hit a farmer carting hay, which IS a legitimate reason to be out and about. Unfortunately, the farmer suffered moderate injuries.

There is a feeling of a certain poetic justice being served in this case. This gang is well known for dealing in methamphetamine (known as P here) and marijuana (not legal yet).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 294295296297298 327>
  Share Topic