MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293294295296297 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Thankfully nothing new has happened here, and no one I know (know well that is...) has been infected. I heard from one of my colleagues that a former colleague of ours is in intensive care on a ventilator though, and unfortunately he fits the profile for those in danger of dying, as he is 70 years old, has been smoking all his life, and has another chronic illness. I hope he pulls through. No one deserves to die such a horrible death...oh well...I can think of a few Evil Smile

Damn I´m choking in my own joke right now, even though it was not intended for my old colleague. I was just told he died last Friday during easter. I haven´t seen him for a couple of years, as he retired, but it was still a bit of a shock to learn that someone I once knew and worked with everyday has died from this horrible disease. I´ve thought about him and his Family a lot today.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 2:57pm
That's seriously shit Jonas. Sorry to hear that. The wife's uncle who was in a residential home appears to have died of C-19 too. It's all becoming too real.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 3:07pm
It's fucking scary how many are dying daily of this, really sorry to hear that from both of you. 

Me and mine are being very careful to the point that it's starting to feel like we're in prison, but we have family all over the place both in the UK and US. The US branch of the family are in Florida and it's really bad out there, even moreso than here. My Uncle's also just been sick recently, not with Covid-19 but gastroenteritis and you'll have to pardon the pun but looked like shit the other day when he dropped a few things off from the farm shop for us and he's out and about helping others with deliveries all the time. I'm extra worried about him now because he's really been knocked for six by the gastroenteritis already. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 3:34pm
Sorry, had to smile about your unintended pun, but yes he needs to be extra careful about staying safe. We all do. This virus will take quite a few more unfortunately before it's run its course.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 4:48pm
It really is shit and hitting so many families so hard with the loss of loved ones. Sorry to hear about your colleague Jonas and your wife's uncle Chris.. I thought we'd have seen a turn by now in the figures, my way of thinking being that new infections would drop a couple of weeks after lockdown and it's only just starting to level at 3 weeks in. The biggest shock has come from so many younger people with no underlying health problems dying and yet we still have idiots who won't stay in.

Edited by Nightfly - 14 Apr 2020 at 4:49pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 5:18pm
Sorry to hear the way it's affected you guys.Unhappy

The numbers have dropped off significantly here in New Zealand, but I think we went into a hard lockdown reasonably early. There are people wanting to reopen things already, including the leader of the opposition. That dick isn't getting into power any time soon if there's a rebound, and he was backing it. And I usually vote for his party. He can just fuck right off at the moment.

My better half is busy taking her father to hospital today for an ophthalmology assessment, and she's terrified of basically everything out there, because she and both her parents are high risk. His appointment is in the outpatients department, so it's well separated from the known infections. It's an unexpected positive from the virus in that it's cleared a lot of waiting lists as people cancel appointments because they don't want to go out.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 12:19am
The Danish prime minister spoke yesterday, and it´s actually looking a little brighter in Denmark, with fewer infected and dead than anticipated at this point, and we are slowly opening the Danish society again. No restaurants, no concerts, no festivals, or anything of that sort, but the primary school kids start again today and some next week. As far as I understand it´s because their parents are expectedly younger and they are needed at their workplace, not spending all their time looking after small kids and playing school teachers. They also say that the primary school age group are the least likely to get infected and if they are infected the least likely to get seriously ill from the virus.

I must say I had a day yesterday with great fear and anxiety (I didn´t sleep until late last night), which is very unusual for me, but I guess I heard a couple too many stories yesterday about completely healthy people who have died. I have astma and right now I´m bothered quite a bit because of the pollen season opening, so I guess my more limited breathing functionality paired with the horrible stories of people with minor to no lung issues dying from the virus freaked me out.

Edited by UMUR - 15 Apr 2020 at 12:19am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 1:09am
I can't believe how thick some people are being over this. There are too many dead worldwide now that anyone should still be in denial. Yet every hot day the British still seem to be turning out and going sunbathing! I mean a lot of people have a 'fuck you so long as I'm okay' attitude in the best of times but do they value their own lives so little?
GG2U

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 11:15am
the company I work for has officially shut down business until June, partly because we have no projects due to the rock bottom oil prices

very poor testing/reporting here so it's hard to know how many people are sick, but most seem to be going along with normal life (which might backfire tremendously)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 12:58pm
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 1:25pm

There's only so much you can do to protect the stupid from themselves...
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 2:53pm
^^ And what planet have they just returned from I wonder. 
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 4:54pm
I guess it's a vain hope that this crisis might actually put an end to some long standing social issues in the world like racism, sexism and fighting over religion? It feels like after something like this, a disease that doens't care what colour you are, what age you are, what gender you are or think you are or how you identify sexually or what faith you believe in (if any), that we all ought to be able come out on the other side of this more accepting of each other as a race.

I'm feeling incredibly cynical tonight though so I think what people will actually do is forget, if the amount going around not giving a shit is anything to judge by.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 11:21pm
^Yeah I´m non the cynical wagon too. What you describe above is utopia...Unhappy
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 12:14am
It’s a great sentiment though, Ashley. I do wonder whether the world and its people will change after this. This feels of historic importance. HMG medical adviser yesterday was suggesting some restrictions could be needed until a safe and effective vaccine is available, and that’s 18 months away.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 3:57am
Work this one out: Royal Mail say they are understaffed and there will be delays right? We had three separate RM deliveries here yesterday. Regular letter post and two parcel posts. Doesn't exactly speak for efficiency. 

The second was for something we did not even order: just TalkTalk trying to force a new router on us, even though we only had a new one less than a year ago. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 2:57pm
I've just observed what I assume must be the SpaceX fleet of Starlink satellites go over my house. Loads of lights high up in the sky following the same flight path and spaced at an even distance. Definitely not planes. Quite a sight to watch. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 3:12pm
That's pretty cool Thumbs Up
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 3:55pm
I keep missing them!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 11:09pm
The light polution from Copenhagen could make it difficult to see those satilites from where I live.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293294295296297 327>
  Share Topic