MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 288289290291292 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 4:31pm
Tough times ahead sadly. All this whilst bringing out the best in some people also has the opposite effect by also bringing out the worst showing how truly pathetic many people are.

On a positive note think how up to date this site will be in 2 month if we're all on lockdown. Wink
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 5:05pm
^ we've just found the positive in all this gloom LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 2:54am
Don't forget all that time for relistening to albums for your best of the decade lists too! 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:29am
Beautiful Devin Townsend song released for the occasion:

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 12:58pm
Nice. Fantastic video too.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Tough times ahead sadly. All this whilst bringing out the best in some people also has the opposite effect by also bringing out the worst showing how truly pathetic many people are.

On a positive note think how up to date this site will be in 2 month if we're all on lockdown. Wink

I'm currently getting set up to work from home. I'll be hotspotting through my phone, so limited bandwidth and speed, but on the positive, a bit of internet at home!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 5:22am
It hasn't been a good couple of days here.

Not only am getting inundated with sad stories on Facebook which is depressing as hell plus had one relayed to me that made me incredibly angry (see below), but the panic buying in the UK is not abating and we are seriously struggling to get enough food and we are not even trying to stock up long term. 

Between two supermarkets we managed to get a single bag full of provisions this morning. The shelves in the local co-op are absolutely stripped, including of fresh stuff that won't keep. Sainsbury's was better but still a very big lack of certain items. Again, mostly of stuff that won't keep anyway. Stuff that was being panic bought at first like tins of baked beans? Bloody stacks of them. 

We have managed to secure a click and collect slot for my parents (both 70, one a diabetic) tomorrow with Tesco, but even though we have picked a number of items from their website and paid for them, Tesco removes whole chunks of stuff from the order every few hours. So even though we have paid for those items, they are apparently not safe from other customers. 

There is also a big shortage on pet food now as well. We are okay for our cat for a little while but not long term. 

I think half this panic bought food will go on to be wasted with others, especially the elderly, will be going short. 

Also, people in my town are clearly not even trying to social distance from each other. This was especially true in the supermarkets, where at more than one time we found ourselves crowded by other shoppers, invading personal space to levels that would have been unacceptable without a pandemic going on. 

People really show their true colours in a crisis. An example being the story I had relayed to me yesterday. This was witnessed in a supermarket by my Aunt. Some bloke, a young bloke I will add, so much less at risk from the virus, filled up two big trolley full loads of food, in spite of restrictions already imposed to make sure there is enough to go around. When politely told by the girl on the checkout that they couldn't sell him so much, he literally spat in her face.  

Spat in her face. 

While this man, actually scratch that, I refuse to identity this person as anything but an arsehole, probably doesn't have Covid-19, there is still a chance that he did. And he spat in someone else's face. Angry 

I do not know what happened after that. Presumably store security was called. I really hope that store did not sell that arsehole a single item. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 5:56am
Appalling behaviour. No excuses for such disgusting disrespect shown to others.

As far as panic buying goes, I find myself tutting at the TV screen at such scenes but do pick up a box of tea bags I could probably do without or an extra packet of spaghetti. Nothing extreme, but we're all guilty of it.

Actually I'm British. Of course I can't do without the tea bags LOL
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 6:18am
It'll also be prats like that that will still go out if they show symptoms or even with a positive diagnosis. 

And another I read about a man in Japan being diagnosed and immediately decided to intentionally spread it: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2020/03/coronavirus-infected-japanese-man-deliberately-visited-bars-to-spread-the-virus.html

Apparently he died. I don't wish death on anyone, but this one feels like karma. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 8:42am
^ I read about both of those. One's an idiot and the other's another arsehole. Karma indeed if he died. Just hope that if he managed to infect anyone else that they also did not die through his evil. Because it was evil. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

As far as panic buying goes, I find myself tutting at the TV screen at such scenes but do pick up a box of tea bags I could probably do without or an extra packet of spaghetti. Nothing extreme, but we're all guilty of it.

It is a chain reaction thing to be honest. A few selfish individuals go out, the media scaremongers over it, next thing we know everyone else is doing it and the rest of us who don't want to add to the problem find ourselves buying stuff when we can in case we can't get it when we need it. And buying stuff we normally wouldn't just to make sure we have something to eat. Thursday would normally be the main shopping day for this household, not tomorrow, so our cupboards are short. Just hoping Tesco comes through for tomorrow's click and collect. 

Actually I'm British. Of course I can't do without the tea bags LOL

They did have tea bags in the co-op today, did not notice in Sainsburys because we didn't actually need them for now. But I need my cuppa too (and I don't like coffee). 

No loo roll in this town though. Was a few days ago, but it's all gone now. Luckily we get ours in big packs from Home Bargains and have actually recently bought before this crisis hit. 

We're running low on our hand gel for out and about though. Absolutely no chance for that. Trying to be sparing and only am going out when unavoidable but it's not going to last much longer and I'm extra wary right now about touch screens in particular. Woman in Sainsburys this morning was disinfecting the card readers after every use!
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 1:18pm
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 1:30pm
People are either so shallow and fame/money orientated to not give a shit about anyone else they might infect, or just thick. God help us all 🙄
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 1:53pm
Something did make me smile today though. 

GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

What the actual fuck? I want to assume this is satire, but I don't think it is.

Faith in humanity = extinct. 

People are either so shallow and fame/money orientated to not give a shit about anyone else they might infect, or just thick. God help us all 🙄

Ladies and gentlemen, the youth of today. 

They are young and will probably be OK should they actually manage to contract the virus (apparently it can survive for quite a while on metal so do be cautious about what you touch), but if any of them doing this die that's a Darwin Award right there. Dead

I feel both sad for them and disgusted by them. Social media has conditioned our youth to be attention whores. And people wonder why I refuse to use Facebook, Twitter or whatever else is in right now. 
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 6:02pm
Reading all these posts...wow. Could humanity sink any lower?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 12:14am
^Yeah probably, but I wouldn´t want to be around to see it Unhappy
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 3:50am
As if a deadly virus, panic buyers and kids with no brains weren't enough, the scammers are also out in force during this crisis. My Aunt had them in her farm shop this week. A group of three men (let's not make this about race but I will say that they were not British and they certainly were not locals to the shop) came in. Two start going round the shop while the third goes straight to the counter, smacks down a credit card (which my Aunt described as 'obviously fake') and declares that they will be buying the the whole shop. She showed them the door. Luckily her husband has been working there as well as he has none of his normal work right now, otherwise I fear what they might have done.

She's now living in fear of an overnight break in. Makes my blood boil. 

Edited by adg211288 - 22 Mar 2020 at 3:50am
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 12:10pm
Also struggling to get cat food now as well. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 1:43pm
that’s awful about your Aunt. I assume the police have been informed?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 288289290291292 327>
  Share Topic