MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 287288289290291 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 4:28am
^ Mine gets funny sometimes when Microsoft does an update too. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 1:18pm
Damn Denmark is now in full lockdown mode because of the COVID-19 virus. I´ve been ordered to Work from home for 14 days from monday and my kids are home from school for the entire period too. The D.A.D. concert I had booked NeXT weekend has been postponed to October, and I´m not counting on seeing Cattle Decapitation on the 4th of April as it is now. Well...music is secondary in the situation we´re in at the moment, but it´s still a shame, as I had looked forward to seeing Cattle D. Again...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 1:23pm
At least your country is taking extreme measure to try to curb this. Over here Boris Johnson is basically saying 'Brits will die, family will lose loved ones, carry on.' 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

At least your country is taking extreme measure to try to curb this. Over here Boris Johnson is basically saying 'Brits will die, family will lose loved ones, carry on.' 
Yeah he does seem like a bit of a basket case...
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 1:29pm
...oh and check out what Cattle Decapitation originally called their European tour:

I guess they are prophets or something like that Shocked
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

The man's an arsehole, God help us....except I don't believe in him either.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 1:43pm
Canada's response is a joke so far
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 1:45pm

...oh and check out what Cattle Decapitation originally called their European tour:

I guess they are prophets or something like that Shocked

They do seem to have their fingers on the pulse.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 4:58pm

I'm not sure who's worse, him or Trump. 
GG2U

Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 6:59pm
the entire concert, artist and arrangment buisness are in deep crisis and in danger of being totaly wiped out due to cancelled concert and festivals, in summer may also become deadly for many of the festivals.

Also for Roskilde i guess
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 4:13am

^Yeah I fear for my attendance at the CopenHell 2020 festival in mid-june too Cry

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 8:57am
They did say this virus would bankrupt more people than it kills. The entertainment industry as a whole is going to suffer really badly. A load of upcoming movies already got pushed back. I know a few like Black Widow are going ahead as planned but those seem destined to be box office bombs now through no fault of their own. I think metal bands especially will be very effected. They rely a lot on ticket and subsequent merch sales. 

On a personal level I'm doing my best to stay safe and am able to work from home, but we still have to go out for food shopping. I've not been panic buying like many have but there have been a few things I have been unable to purchase that I normally get on a weekly shop. Not all of it stuff with a long shelf life. 

But I am not that worried about myself at this point but I'm fretting like mad over my elderly Grandmother. At the moment she is OK and not having to go out due to living with my Aunt but if my Aunt gets it it's very likely Grandma will too. Grandmother is in good health for her age but I can't help worrying. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 9:38am

^Yeah exactly. It´s the elderly and weak we have to take care of and protect as much as possible. My wife Works at retirement home, and her mom is going through the early stages of a terminal cancer (one of the metastasis is in her lung) process, so we actually have a lot to worry about at our home too, regarding the level of infectiousnes of COVID-19. I´m not worried about me, my wife, or our children, but I worry for the elderly and weak people my wife takes care of (if she gets infected and infects them before she gets ill and have a chance to stay home) and for my mother in law (who we won´t be seeing in the flesh for a while).

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:13am
They're saying here now that anyone 70 or over is going to have to self-isolate for four months straight regardless of symptoms or not. 

Okay, that's fine, but people have got to stop panic buying and making sure home delivery of food and essentials is made available to the elderly and only the elderly. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:46am
I heard that last night. Hasn't gone over well with my parents who are both 70. But in a way it's a relief that measure are being discussed to protect the most vulnerable (my Dad is also a Type 2 diabetic). I also worry about my Aunt who lives alone now that my Grandmother has passed away and not local to us, but about an hour's drive away. She is a few years older than my parents and has no one to go out for her and also lives rural just outside of a village. Which may be a plus right now but she still also has to get food. 

My other Aunt, younger and less at risk, runs a farm shop and is already having trouble getting stock because of the panic buying and the supermarkets are in turn clearing the suppliers out. Small businesses are going to really suffer and I'm scared for her livelihood. 

Right now we in the East of England actually have the least cases of the virus in England and I haven't heard of anyone in my town definitely having it. We had a scare down our Doctor's a few days ago that resulted in it being closed for a deep cleaning, but nothing since then so I presume it was all false alarms and precautions. So panic buying right now is actually our bigger problem!

At home we are just taking things one day at a time, not contributing to the panic buying (which worries me just as much as the virus itself) and are preparing to have to knuckle down for the long haul. Luckily we have a ton of unread books and a massive movie collection to get us through it. Lockdowns are really going to test the bonds of family, but just maybe we'll come out closer and stronger at the end of it. 

I just hope the country starts to learn how to keep calm (so much for that British slogan eh?) so that the food/essentials including the bog roll supply chain doesn't get overwhelmed so we can all weather this crisis, minimise exposure and get on top of Covid-19. China is managing it. We need to follow their example. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 12:38pm
The panic and clearing out the supermarkets lasted for two days here in Denmark, and Things are back to normal Again now...thankfully. I found it utterly tasteless the way people behaved and no one in my Family was allowed to contribute to the panic or to purchase unnecessary stock piles of food and toilet paper. I´m greatly dissapointed at how my Fellow Citizens behaved in those two days, and I truly hope that won´t happen Again.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 12:50pm
Nice to hear that your country have got the message Jonas. I'm not sure how much faith I have in my fellow Brits right now. 
GG2U

TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 5:23am
Got to admit I am proper sacred over this. Not just the virus itself but human behaviour, the threat to our jobs, and I really don't think our Government is taking the virus as seriously as some European countries are.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 8:27am
My mother-in-law has dementia. She's just turned 88. Her day centre has been closed until further notice. I get why, but it will destroy her I fear. It's her little sanctuary. Strange days.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 11:02am
Yeah it´s a really sad situation. I fear for the NeXT couple of months. Not only the virus and the deaths it will have on its conscience but also the economy, which is one of the cornerstones of modern society (any society in history really). If the economy sinks society will crumble and fall...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 287288289290291 327>
  Share Topic