MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 286287288289290 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 6:30am
Same to you!Smile
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 5:27pm
New Bose speakers came in...compared to the cheap Logitech ones I was using, the difference is night and day! FUCKING. EAR-CANDY!!!Heart
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 10:41am
Went to see this lineup on Thursday night:

Abbath
Vltimas
Nuclear

A pretty decent show although I´m not much of a Black metal fan. But Nuclear played straight up old school thrash, which I can always relate to and the reason for attending the show in the first place was Vltimas. I saw them on Copenhell last year and they were just as convincing this time around.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 1:55pm
Oh I don't believe this. My blu-ray player just died after under a year and with a rare disc now stuck inside it that I literally bought today after almost ten years of searching. and fucking Friday night and unlikely to hear from Customer Support until Monday. Seriously fucked off. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 2:57am
Went to see Dawn of Demise last night. It´s always a great pleasure to Watch them play. Great humour and tight musicianship.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 3:53am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Oh I don't believe this. My blu-ray player just died after under a year and with a rare disc now stuck inside it that I literally bought today after almost ten years of searching. and fucking Friday night and unlikely to hear from Customer Support until Monday. Seriously fucked off. 

Technology is a nightmare. Not surprised you're fucked off. I don't suppose it's righted itself yet? You should have stuck with the old Betamax Wink

Edited by Bosh66 - 22 Feb 2020 at 3:54am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 3:57am
Nope, dead as a door nail. And no other power supply in the house fits to see if it's just that which is the problem. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 3:57am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Went to see Dawn of Demise last night. It´s always a great pleasure to Watch them play. Great humour and tight musicianship.

You see more bands than hours I put in at work, Jonas. Only know them from a CD of A Force Unstoppable, which I picked up a few years ago in a charity shop. It's a cracking little album.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 4:00am

Nope, dead as a door nail. And no other power supply in the house fits to see if it's just that which is the problem. 

We have a lot of these pop-up electrical shops run by tech-savvy kids on the outskirts of town. They seem to have an unending supply of power packs and cables at next to no price. Obviously a common issue with appliances.

At least you've now got more free time to get those black metal new releases on here Wink

Edited by Bosh66 - 22 Feb 2020 at 4:01am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 4:35am
Right now I'm more bothered about the disc that is stuck inside it. My player is still under warranty so LG is legally obligated to either fix or replace it. But they have no obligation toward what may be inside the player...
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 4:44am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

You see more bands than hours I put in at work, Jonas. Only know them from a CD of A Force Unstoppable, which I picked up a few years ago in a charity shop. It's a cracking little album.

No LOL it´s just been a busy week with two concerts. Dawn of Demise aren´t the most original sounding death metal act, but they are really great live, and they have a great Jutland humour which is quite funny and makes the show varied. They have a lof of heavy riffs and groovy breakdowns which Work very well in a live setting.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 5:25am

Well LG was about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Their proposed solution? Leave it unplugged for 10 minutes and then plug it back in again. For fuck's sake. 

It's had to go back to Amazon instead. Got to wait anything from two weeks now with no guarantees given for the disc stuck inside the player. I also have two second hand blu-ray discs bought from ebay last week that I didn't have time to watch and more importantly test to make sure they work and I only get 30 days to file a claim if either doesn't, so I also have around £20 being gambled on ebay seller's honesty right now, which isn't always reliable. 

And just to make my day that bit better, the heavens absolutely opened when I took it down the Post Office. I am drenched and still shivering right now. 
GG2U

TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 7:29am
^ Rule number 1 of customer service: the customer is an idiot. It's in the manual.

Also not trying to be mean but a fiver says you never see that disc again.

Edited by TheHeavyMetalCat - 24 Feb 2020 at 9:28am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 12:36pm
^ You were partly right. No idea what became of the disc, despite my best efforts to make it known that I wanted it retrieved, but Amazon did credit me £20 to replace it with. 
GG2U

TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 11:34pm
Well I'll be damned. Never heard of them doing that before. Good for you.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 11:57pm
Me: Has playlist consisting of metal, hip hop, post-hardcore, and electronic music

Spotify recommended songs: Cher - Fernando

Thanks Spotify, Cher definitely fits perfectly on my playlist.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Me: Has playlist consisting of metal, hip hop, post-hardcore, and electronic music

Spotify recommended songs: Cher - Fernando

Thanks Spotify, Cher definitely fits perfectly on my playlist.

one more reason for me not to use spotify LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 1:29am
Netflix is just as bad with their recommendation algorithms. It's been insisting for months that my top recommendation to watch is RuPaul's Drag Race. Just no, no, no. I can't for the life of me think what I could possibly have watched that it comes up with that and keeps it there indefinitely. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 3:09am
Argh. Computer looks like it may have gone to the big chip in the sky. Seems to be power to it (it’s one of these integrated screen desktops) as peripherals will work but no screen or life from the pc itself. Unless I can get it to suddenly spring to life, I may be out some time 😤😢
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 3:35am
^ well that didn't take long Embarrassed Removed all peripherals and it kicked in with a Microsoft download which appears to have triggered the outage. I go through life having no idea how anything works these days LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 286287288289290 327>
  Share Topic