MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 283284285286287 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

For a "poor" lineup it looked pretty decent to me. Some great bands there and a few I wouldn't mind watching if they're thrown in for the admission price.

Saw Metallica, Ghost and Bokassa last week. Bokassa were really good. Ghost I've never understood the hype. They were entertaining enough I suppose. Metallica were genuinely brilliant, with a strong focus on the first four albums. Many years since I'd seen them, but I'd go again for sure.

Which were the standout bands at Copenhell that you managed to catch?

I´m not sure I think the lineup was poor, but I´ve attended some earlier years, with much better lineups...that´s true.

Highlights to me were Vltimas, Clutch, Glenn Hughes (damn he can still sing), Unleashed, Baest, and Whitechapel. None of the three main acts did much for me. Tool...hmm Maynard was hiding behind the drum kit the Whole concert, and I could just as well have put on a Tool album. Zero connection or interaction with the audience. One of the most boring concerts I´ve ever attended. Slipnot...I´m not a fan of their music, and this is the fourth time they´ve had to convince me otherwise. They deliver a good live show, I´ll give them that. Scorpions...Meine can´t sing anymore. He sounded strained and monotone throughout the Whole concert. It was a Little bit painful to Watch and listen to.

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 10:57am
Hard drive failure on my main PC today. About £130 bill to repair and I've lost everything I didn't have backed up. Luckily I had time to make sure I had my most important files, but I'm bound to have lost something that I haven't even realized yet, though I still have some old hard drives from PC's that I may be able to recover something from. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 3:31pm
Had a similar recently Adam where an external hard drive blew which had all my downloads and music rips on it. It was further backed up but there were a good few I lost (obviously I hadn't kept them in sync as well as I should have). Basically paid the price of a new device to get it repaired.

Technology, FFS.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 11:59pm
Solid state drives are more reliable of course (no moving parts to go wrong) but they cost through the roof for a fraction of the storage space. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 2:14pm
Gradually getting back up and running following Thursday's hard drive disaster. Just a matter of reinstalling stuff now. I've finally had to make the jump from Windows 7 to 10 now. The OS seems fine though, but I haven't had a chance to extensively test games yet. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 8:27pm
I know I mentioned it before but I'd love to see a discord for this site! Would really like to know people more. What do you say guys? Yay or nay?
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 11:14pm
Being an old man, I don’t know these things. What’s a discord, Erik?
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 3:06am
^To be honest it's pretty hard for me to explain myself. I just know that on another site I go to they have a thing called Discord in which people IM and chat. Unfortunately my knowledge is limited to just that. Just thought it'd be nice to have a similar thing here..
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 3:38am
An IM function may be a good add. We’ll add it to the list for discussion.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 4:32pm
HOOOLLLYYY SHIT, GUYS!!! Remember that login issue I had on the main site? Well, on a whim I decided "eh, let's change the password YET again, doubt it'll work though..." And wouldn't you know it?! IT FUCKING WORKED!!!Big smile The login issue seems to have resolved itself somehow! I am very happy! ARBITRARY TRIVIAL RATINGS, HERE I COME!!!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 1:35pm
Just sold an old PS1 game for £80. Good times. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 2:48pm
What game was it?
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 5:43pm
^I'm curious myself now!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 2:45am
Tombi 2. I've known it was rare for years but hung onto it. It's actually an old favourite but I haven't played it for years and my PS1 setup is actually a little worn out (especially the controller) so I figured I'd stick it on ebay for £100 and accept offers on it. Jumped at £80, obviously. 

If I ever get nostalgic for it I'll just watch a YouTube Let's Play. 

The first game is even rarer but I never played that much less owned it. 
GG2U

Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 4:59am
Damn, not one I still have laying around. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:44am
It seems I have just been a victim of shill bidding on ebay. At least that's how I'm looking at this. Maybe others will see it differently?

I had a bid on a blu ray. My max was £4.05 + P&P costs. A short while ago I noticed two emails from ebay: one informing me I'd been outbid (no big deal, win some, lose some, I didn't want this title that much to up my max any further) and the other informing me that the other bid had then been retracted and I was the high bidder again. 

This should all be fine and dandy, but here's where it all gets suspicious. The other person apparently bid on the item no less than ten times little by little until they found my max bid value. They then immediately retracted their bid and reentered it to just under what they now knew my max was, forcing my bid to max price. If they are going to do that, it seems clear to me that they don't actually want the item in question and are just in it to drive up the price. The seller has made their bidders completely private as well, which further causes me to suspect that they are bidding their price up with a second account or getting a friend to do it. 

For some reason ebay does not count 'suspected bid manipulation' as a valid reason for retracting my own bid. I've done the only feasibly thing that I could think of: retracted my own bid on the same grounds of 'entered wrong amount' and then re-bid myself to just below the other person's max. I'm now interested to see whether they retract their bid again now that they are suddenly winning the item. 
GG2U

Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:39pm
Sounds absolutely like shill bidding. It's probably the seller driving up their sale price. Or it may just be someone random playing silly buggers. But more like it is the seller either directly or someone on their behalf. 

Just be careful you don't come under fire from ebay yourself for also changing your bid in the same manner. I presume you don't make a habit of retracting bids?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:56pm
This is the first and only bid on ebay I have ever retracted. And I obeyed the rule of immediately re-bidding. Whenever people on my listings retract bids they've never actually re-bid. 

Edited by adg211288 - 14 Aug 2019 at 2:20pm
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:59am
As I suspected, the other bid was just retracted then immediately re-bid to just under my max to force my highest bid. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 6:28pm
This song is WAYYY too relevant!:

...WAKE. UP. CONSERVATIVES!!!Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 283284285286287 327>
  Share Topic