MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 276277278279280 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 11:50am
I'm seeing Orphaned Land, In Vain, Subterranean Masquerade and Aevum this Friday. Cool Like 5 hours of concert LOL
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 1:37pm
Sounds a fantastic evening.
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 3:56pm
I hope so!

EDIT: Aevum played first and were fine. Then came Subterranean Masquerade. They were a very rhythmic and dancing band... the vocalist was crazy. LOL In Vain and Orphaned Land were the last to play and, well, they were awesome. Cool

Edited by Sisslith - 03 Mar 2018 at 6:40am
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 11:35pm
Just got back from finally seeing Anthrax, and man do I feel completely wiped out. I guess you could say I got Caught in a Mosh.
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Just got back from finally seeing Anthrax, and man do I feel completely wiped out. I guess you could say I got Caught in a Mosh.

Where did they perform??

Shocked
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by ProgMetaller2112 ProgMetaller2112 wrote:

Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Where did they perform??

Shocked

Rochester NY, part of their KillThrax tour with Killswitch Engage and Havok. KE and Havok were excellent as well, but of course Anthrax stole the show. They actually started to play Judas Priest's The Ripper before going into Madhouse. LOL

Oh, and Belladonna came on stage to sing with KE for their encore of Holy Diver which was fantastic!
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 11:54pm
^^^ Shocked
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 12:42am
Sounds a great gig. Never seen Anthrax. KE are supporting Maiden later this year so will catch them later.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 2:14pm
Stood at a math-fest waiting for Rolo Tomassi. Palm Reader just been on. Fuck they were heavy, especially at this venue which is the size of an average front room. Guess they call it the Manchester Deaf Institute for a reason. Cryptodira were on before them. Excellent band. Imagine Neurosis playing DEP tracks and singing with death metal vocals. Immense.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:51pm
The Exploited booked for next month
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 5:03am
Went to see Crowbar last night. It was a pretty great show, although Kirk was a bit hoarse and therefore didn´t give his best performance, but man those ultra heavy riffs and groovy rhythms blew me away...
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 6:21am
They’re appearing near me supporting Converge. Would love to go but it sold out too quickly and I’m not prepared to pay ticket tout prices.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 6:28am
^Definitley worth seing if they come by you again in the future.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 11:04am
I saw Crowbar last September with Overkill and Havok, and they were amazing. Like Jonas says, absolutely crushing performance. Plus they had the encore as Like Broken Glass which I had called out when they asked what people wanted to hear. Big smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 2:10am
Went to see Eyehategod yesterday. Great show from a great band. I knew them by name but had actually never really listened to their music before, but I´m going to listen know...that´s for sure.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 11:25pm
I went to see Machine Head last night. They played without support, but did a three hour show...wow that was intense. I´m actually not a huge fan of their music, but they are a great live act and deserve a lot of praise for their performance. I saw them in 1994 and Again in 2014, and they have not become less intense live since those performances.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 4:04pm
^ I'm not a big fan either but was thinking of going to see them this month as they're playing only 35 miles up the road.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 1:23pm
Two more wasps found their way into my room. May have a nest. Certainly hope not!

Edited by Psydye - 21 May 2018 at 1:23pm
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 3:12am
If you find a nest don’t do what I did and try and throw it out of the window without killing the wasps first. The little bastards get upset and attack 😵😁
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 7:04am
I only know Blackie Lawless.  I don't know any other WASPs?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 276277278279280 327>
  Share Topic