MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 270271272273274 328>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 1:47am

Damn that´s sad. A very talented man Satyr. Sounds like he just has to live with it and hope it doesn´t grow. The fact that he had to go to the hospital because he wasn´t feeling well isn´t a good sign though. That probably won´t be the last time then Ouch

Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 4:24pm
Thought I saw Death Grips added as metalcore for a second.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 4:51pm
We're a very inclusive site Big smile

Looks pretty "core" to me Wink

Edited by Bosh66 - 22 Nov 2015 at 4:52pm
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 7:52pm
Indeed. LOL
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 4:58pm
I'm flying to Stockholm in several hours! Jag är så stokad ;)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 2:08am
^Visiting or moving?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 1:44am
The logic of PC's:

Mouse malfunctions.

Windows message: Click this message for more details.

Censored
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 8:03am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^Visiting or moving?
I'm visiting my sister and we're going back home for Christmas together. My relocation depends on whether I find a job or not. As of now, it's not going very well ;d I have a chance for a very cool position in Warsaw, though (at GOG.com, PC gamers will know ;)).

All in all, I literally have no idea what I'm doing ! 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 11:01pm
Melvins, Napalm Death, and Melt Banana on tour together in the US? Oh yeah. Party
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 12:07pm
^Slayer, Testament, and Carcass is touring together in the US next year as well! Party
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 1:32am
^It's sad that I've never really gotten in to any of those. Just haven't sat down and listened to them seriously, I guess.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 1:42am
^All three worth more than just a listen Tongue
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 2:04am
^^All three are worth multiple listens. Big smile
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 11:49am
I'll probably sit down and listen when I get done listening to 2015 releases.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 3:58pm
I saw a tv commercial using Welcome Back by Cloudkicker, I wonder if it was with permission or not
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 6:34am
I've seen that new indie movie all hipsters are talking about while seeping their coffee at Starbucks. It's called Star Wars. I've seen all 7 previous episodes of Star Wars. I liked Star Wars. My first Star Wars movie was Episode I with the worst jedi ever, Qui-Gon Jinn and the worst villain ever, Jar Jar Binks. I was 9 years old at the time, and I loved episode I. For me SW was all about grand things, the force and jedi and lightsabers. I wanted to be Qui-Gon, even though he basically got killed by a red bully with horns and was the worst jedi in the galaxy. For me Star Wars universe had history, it had depth and mysticism despite the glaring problems with the movies themselves. And that's exactly what's missing in the Force Awakens. It's got kewl action, CGI, funny dialogue and likeable characters and it has heaps of superficial fanservice most fanboys are still masturbating to at this very moment. But it also has a RIDICULOUS, absolutely nonsensical and context-deprived story. There's no world-building whatsoever, everything just exists in the middle of narrative nowhere. It's terrible how people got tricked into thinking this is a return to form. They think that if there's Chewbacca and the Millenium Falcon, they're back home. But no, this is just a shallow illusion to make you praise the movie and pay for it, while the real and only target of the movie are kids for whom Star Wars is a new thing. And there would be nothing wrong with that, but apparently, according to Star Wars VII creators, the kids of today are too stupid to appreciate world-building, some basic sense of scale and a story that actually holds water in any way. All in all, I can't say I outright disliked the movie - it had great direction and good humour - but for those who loved the universe more than its stories (and let's face it, the universe is the only original thing about Star Wars), there's almost nothing to look for here. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 4:11pm
I definitely enjoyed the new Star Wars a lot but if I had any complaints it was 1) that J. J. Abrams did his usual schtick of rushing the story a little too much, missing important character development and background with a few forced (pun not intended) character relationships, and revealing information in ineffective ways, and  2) that instead of doing what the original trilogy did and draw upon several influences, its singular influence seemed to be the previous Star Wars movies. In trying to imitate the Star Wars movies, the movie returned some cool elements but also some rather contrived elements like the Starkiller (which recalls the "ultimate weapon" in Plan 9 From Outer Space). Some of the lines they used from the original trilogy were used in rather contrived ways. 

Still, I loved the visuals, the new characters (particularly the villains) and it feels rewatchable where most blockbusters don't. Way better than the prequels on almost all levels in my opinion. I'm glad Abrams is not directing episode 8. They even have the guy who did Looper directing it, so hopefully those problems will work themselves out.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 4:57pm
J .J. Abrams has always been a lousy director imo
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 7:06pm
He's hit and miss for me. He's never produced anything I haven't had mixed feelings about. The Force Awakens is probably the best thing he's released imo, and probably because there were more people on the team to collaborate with.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Polymorphia Polymorphia wrote:

I definitely enjoyed the new Star Wars a lot but if I had any complaints it was 1) that J. J. Abrams did his usual schtick of rushing the story a little too much, missing important character development and background with a few forced (pun not intended) character relationships, and revealing information in ineffective ways, and  2) that instead of doing what the original trilogy did and draw upon several influences, its singular influence seemed to be the previous Star Wars movies. In trying to imitate the Star Wars movies, the movie returned some cool elements but also some rather contrived elements like the Starkiller (which recalls the "ultimate weapon" in Plan 9 From Outer Space). Some of the lines they used from the original trilogy were used in rather contrived ways. 

Still, I loved the visuals, the new characters (particularly the villains) and it feels rewatchable where most blockbusters don't. Way better than the prequels on almost all levels in my opinion. I'm glad Abrams is not directing episode 8. They even have the guy who did Looper directing it, so hopefully those problems will work themselves out.
Prequels managed to keep the setting fresh at least. They were terrible movies but they did a good job of setting the scene for their stories. As I said, the Force Awakens doesn't even bother to give any sense of perspective to the world. Remember New Hope and Tatooine? You had Jawas dealing in droid parts, the Hutts controlling the system, Mos Eisley as the biggest space port, Sand People, scum and villainy... This world was alive! [MILD SPOILERS AHEAD]

And on Jakku? What the hell is this place? We get to know nothing apart from the fact it's exactly like tatooine with one sun. What's happening in the universe, what's going on with the republic? I mean seriously, Star Wars have never been about realism, but TFA just crossed the line for me. You may be right that they tried to imitate the original movies, but did they succeed? Not in my book. What made original Star Wars amazing was that even though the plots were completely over the top, the world around them felt rich and consistent. That's why Death Stars were legit - they were funded by the empire in its prime and under construction for years. That's why the Rebels' mission felt legit - they've been spying on the empire and "many bothans died to get us this intel" or sth like that. Yeah, it was all simplified but it worked just fine within its setting. And the New Order... the Starkiller base... where do I even start. 

But in the end, I still enjoyed it for the reasons I've already mentioned. I just feel... underwhelmed with how much potential has been wasted.

Edited by bartosso - 07 Jan 2016 at 8:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 270271272273274 328>
  Share Topic