MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 261262263264265 328>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 2:54pm
rush in june i am going yessssss i am
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 12:08am
Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

rush in june i am going yessssss i am
I am as well! Smile
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 12:10pm
Got back from Swans last night. The resulting tinnitus is intense.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 12:43am
Jealous.  Austin (Horizons, not really active here, just on Progarchives) went to see them this tour too, haven't talked to him since the show to ask how it was.

I went to see some local bands last night, great show.

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 05 Apr 2015 at 12:47am
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 9:10am
^Yeah, he talked about it in the Shred. I think he had a better experience than I did, from what he said. I made the mistake of getting on the front row and it was a small venue. As a result, I just heard the amps (pitch was hard to discern) and almost nothing else. The drums were quiet and Thor was inaudible. However, once I got back some they started to sound better, and then when I got about 20-25 ft away, they sounded amazing. I could actually hear what they were playing and not a ridiculous amount of unwanted noise from their Orange stacks. My ear plugs were vibrating pretty violently too and it hurt. The worst part was that in between songs, people's clapping and screaming just sounded like a weird warbling sound.

So, if you go see Swans, make sure you're a considerable distance away from the stage.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 6:44pm
Broke up with my gf, and actually feel a lot better being single.  It had gotten to the point where she had no motivation to do anything, and I was sick of always having to initiate.  Tired of listening to her talk about the same things all the time too.  Just time for a change.

Plus now I can reciprocate when girls flirt with me aw yeah

Thumbs Up
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 7:50pm
^ I've long forgotten real girls existed. Saw some on the internet though, mostly asian cosplayers so I've actually started to believe they're just anime characters. So, you actually talk to them? What is it like? 

Edited by bartosso - 21 Apr 2015 at 7:58pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 8:49pm
you should probably get out more, man LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 1:47am
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Broke up with my gf, and actually feel a lot better being single.  It had gotten to the point where she had no motivation to do anything, and I was sick of always having to initiate.  Tired of listening to her talk about the same things all the time too.  Just time for a change.

Plus now I can reciprocate when girls flirt with me aw yeah

Thumbs Up

If you´re having problems like that, it´s definitely time to go. Not worth wasting time on a relationship you Deep Down inside know isn´t going anywhere. Unless of course she is beautiful as fuck CoolLOL (Yeah I know...the male chauvanist took the better of me there).
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 6:39am
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

you should probably get out more, man LOL

Girls I tend to get into relationships are full of shit. No idea why, but I feel safer when there's a screen between us. And 3000 km of distance. And she's a cosplayer.

SO NO! I'M NOT LEAVING MY CAVE YOU... YOU... SOCIABLE PERSON!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 8:19am
You cynic Tongue...lots of nice girls out there. Just don´t jump the first one you meet. Patience and a sense that she likes you as much as you like her. If you often get tired of being with her, or she with you. Something probably ain´t right.

But if I have to be honest with you, I don´t really believe in love either. I believe in physical attraction and friendship (which are both great basics in a relationship), but the idea of romantic everlasting love is bullshit. Never experienced it, and never heard of it outside movies/literature. The best way to meet a woman you wanna share your life with is becoming friends with her, and slowly develop a relationship from there.

...and end of Doctor Phil...Cool

Edited by UMUR - 22 Apr 2015 at 8:24am
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 8:33am
^okay, I admit my mood is getting kind of dark lately. I know there are many nice people in general out there and I actually met many girls that were super nice and smart and all... and interested in me lol. The problem is, I'm usually attracted to those smart hot but deadly kind of girls, if you know what I mean. I'm also getting too much into the whole "romantic" side of the business. Right now my main focus is to get better and start doctorate studies somewhere. Preferably Stockholm. Not sure I'll manage, but I'll try.

Also, I agree with you about love.

Edited by bartosso - 22 Apr 2015 at 8:40am
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 11:34am
Er, welp, I've never been in a romantic or sexual relationship. But I can tell you that fantasizing (romantic or sexual or otherwise) about any girl is a bad idea. You end up with an idealized view of them and both parties end up being hurt when they don't live up to your expectations. A lot of people get in relationships because of the person they think they're getting a relationship with, and end it because of who they actually ended up with. I actually have had experience with this and ended up getting to know girls as friends and they ended up being their own persons, not who I wanted them to be– disappointment of expectations I never should have had.

"Love" is a buzzword these days. Attachment describes better now what love used to describe. If you find yourself attached to wholistic identity of a girl, smarts and looks included, you're better off. Intense attraction comes and goes. That said, I've met girls with not a lot of brains but who were very caring and empathetic. So smarts isn't all there is either. Just play it by ear, and make sure that when you do, you're listening to reality not fantasy.

Anyway, I'll stop pulling perhaps slightly patronising advice I've had little experience implementing out of my smooth baby's ass, and post what I really came here to post:

Happy Earth Day!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 10:53pm
now that's something I'll headbang to
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 11:43pm
Where headbanging becomes neck stretching.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 11:00am
I'm tired as hell! 'Should probably sleep...BUT DON'T WANT TO!!Wacko
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 5:37pm
metal went cold in my ass
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:58am
Back from vacation, I had a blast.  Favourite places were probably Amsterdam and Munich
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 12:09pm
Great to hear you had a great trip to Europe. I still haven´t visited Amsterdam myself yet, but it´ll happen. I need to visit the Frank Zappa dedicated coffee shop at some point in my life Cool
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 10:36pm
Women!!! Ahhh Cool
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 261262263264265 328>
  Share Topic