MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 297298299300301 328>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

What's the local time there in Toronto when the game starts? Have some big Super Bowl parties planned? Wink

No.  Just watching it with my brother in our parent's basement.  Only the coolest arrangement there is.

Oh and it starts at 6 pm here since television often caters to my time zone. Tongue

Edited by Stooge - 06 Feb 2011 at 2:56pm
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 2:51pm
What's the local time there in Toronto when the game starts? Have some big Super Bowl parties planned? Wink
<- Click on this!
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I haven't missed watching a Super Bowl since 1977.....but my interest in football has waned over the years.  May have something to do with having a home team that is the absolute worst football team in the last 50 years.

That's the exact reason I find it hard to get really enthusiastic over hockey lately. Embarrassed

I've been a football fan since I was around 13 or 14, which coincided with the time I finally could throw a spiral pass. LOL
The first Super Bowl I watched was either the Rams/Titans one or the game before that one.  I did miss one Super Bowl since then (Steelers/Cardinals) because I had an exam the next day (my prof obviously wasn't a football fan).

I think I've said this before, but I'm pulling for the Packers.  As long as it's entertaining, that's the bottom line.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 1:38pm
We'll probably get a "commercial break...just a moment please" screen during your commercial breaks, which I prefer. How often do the commercials air? Whenever I happen to watch some American production on TV, it feels it's like ten times an hour.
<- Click on this!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 1:22pm
The Super Bowl got a reputation for introducting new "good" commercials, but I think that the last few years most of the new commercials have sucked pretty bad.  They are all proud on the news here that GM (I think), maybe Chrysler is running 8 minutes worth of ads during the Super Bowl, which will cost them $42 million.  All I can think, is what a waste of cash, and how many unemployed autoworkers could that have paid a salary for.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 12:34pm
Does somebody actually watch something because of commercials? 97% of the time I loathe TV commercials.

But I'm rooting for Green Bay, just because I understand they're the underdog.

<- Click on this!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 12:25pm
I haven't missed watching a Super Bowl since 1977.....but my interest in football has waned over the years.  May have something to do with having a home team that is the absolute worst football team in the last 50 years.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 12:04pm
i never watch the super bowl. 
i don't follow football at all

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 10:12am
I was talking with my brother yesterday about the whole "nipple-gate" thing that happened between Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake during a Super Bowl half-time show.  We were so uninterested that we didn't even notice it happen. LOL
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 9:58am
STEELERS!!!!!!! Of course I'll also be watching for that commercials, too.

500th Post Headbanger

Edited by The Block - 06 Feb 2011 at 9:58am

Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 2:53am
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

So, who's watching the Super Bowl tomorrow? And who actually watches just for the commercials? LOL

I'm watching, hoping that this time I won't fall asleep in the closing minutes when everything is decided Tongue Last time I watched that's exactly what happened. Gotta drink lots of coffee I guess, the game ends 6 am our time.
<- Click on this!
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 10:35pm
So, who's watching the Super Bowl tomorrow? And who actually watches just for the commercials? LOL
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 10:12pm
But it's not as good as your signature, which contrary to my belief has actually gotten better after Homer Simpson with an Iron Maiden t-Shirt on. Nothings better than Dream Theater rocking out on a long car ride!!!Headbanger

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 9:41pm
Yeah that is one... umm.. interesting avatar. TongueLOL
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 8:55pm
pics broken Unhappy

The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 8:44pm
No I wouldn't because that guy would have one wacked up face. Tongue

Funny Pic

Edited by The Block - 05 Feb 2011 at 8:46pm

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 8:35pm
would you believe if i said that's not a photoshop?

The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 8:32pm
Dude...
That is one weird avatar. But, yeah, that used to happen to me a lot over at PA.

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 8:21pm
i just got an error that said i had exceeded the post limit for the time period Cool

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 8:12pm
i play sex

Edited by SKwid - 05 Feb 2011 at 8:12pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 297298299300301 328>
  Share Topic