MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rugby World Cup 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Who is going to win the Rugby World Cup?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [28.57%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [14.29%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [14.29%]
3 [42.86%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rugby World Cup 2015
    Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 2:03am
Who's going to win the Rugby World Cup? My allegiance is pretty plain. The All Blacks (New Zealand's national rugby team who play in black, for anyone who knows nothing about rugby) all the way. I was at the 2011 final, where the mighty All Blacks reigned supreme over the French, thrashing them 8-7.  

Since then, the All Blacks have lost only 3 games, drawn 2, and won about 40. They are far and away the most dominant team in international sport, with a higher winning percentage than even the Australian cricket team. Of the teams in the World Cup, only South Africa, Australia, France, England and Wales (not since 1953) have ever beaten the All Blacks.

Opinions? Anyone going to see the games? Does rugby even make the news in other countries? I'm really looking forward to it!
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 2:08am
I'm not a big rugby fan but of course I will be supporting the AB's.
Be excellent to each other.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 2:46am
I don´t know zip about rugby (other than what Steve has told me about it, and a drunk English guy I met at a party once LOL). The sport doesn´t make the headlines in my country.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 3:26am
The only rugby I usually watch (live) is Rugby League, although I'm sure it'll be on the telly in our house. I'll obviously be shouting for Engalnd on the screen but can't see me getting to a game. I suspect it will be the Kiwis or the Aussis who win.
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 3:45am
Probably the Kiwis :)
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 7:27pm
I don't really care as I'm not a sports person, so even those that are more popular here in 'Murica(i.e. "hand egg") I don't really pay attention to...although, that being said, I DO like to listen to hearsay about these sorts of things! Always fascinates me! :)
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Who's going to win the Rugby World Cup? My allegiance is pretty plain. The All Blacks (New Zealand's national rugby team who play in black, for anyone who knows nothing about rugby) all the way. I was at the 2011 final, where the mighty All Blacks reigned supreme over the French, thrashing them 8-7.  

Since then, the All Blacks have lost only 3 games, drawn 2, and won about 40. They are far and away the most dominant team in international sport, with a higher winning percentage than even the Australian cricket team. Of the teams in the World Cup, only South Africa, Australia, France, England and Wales (not since 1953) have ever beaten the All Blacks.

Opinions? Anyone going to see the games? Does rugby even make the news in other countries? I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm a huge fan. I've seen England play numerous times. England have a great chance of winning it this time round but imo need to win their group to do so. Playing on home soil will help, obviously. No tickets, long story but was let down by our local club I sponsor. NZ are a fantastic team but don't travel well in World Cups, they've only ever won it on home soil. I wouldn't call 8-7 a thrashing either, whilst deservedly winning it with their performances over the tournament they were lucky in the final. France could have easily nicked it.  I was at Twickenham when England blew the All Blacks away in 2013. I can see it happening again, hopefully in the final.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 10:36am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I don´t know zip about rugby (other than what Steve has told me about it, and a drunk English guy I met at a party once LOL). The sport doesn´t make the headlines in my country.

Too busy raping and pillaging our villages I reckon!! Tongue
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Too busy raping and pillaging our villages I reckon!! Tongue

Well the logo of my local football Club isn´t just for fun LOL
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 8:11pm
The All Blacks have got the hard one out of the way. Three more training runs til the quarter finals. Argentina are going to beat the All Blacks one day, but I'm glad they didn't start doing it today.

The yellow cards were deserved. Wayne Barnes has improved as a ref. Sonny Bill Williams justified his selection. Steve Hanson said "fucking hell" in the press conference. Getting up at 4 in the morning is a bitch.

The other big news is definitely Japan beating South Africa. Out of 11,000 people in the online results picking competition I'm in, only 0.2 percent of people go that right!

Georgia beating Tonga was also an upset. Everything else has gone pretty much as expected. The Irish scored 50 but were still unhappy (they shouldn't be), the English were a bit scratchy beating Fiji but seemed happy (they shouldn't be either!), the Welsh were pretty good.

Roll on the next round!
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 1:43am
All Blacks have played two more games now. Neither have been very impressive, but it's a bit hard playing teams like Namibia and Georgia.

England on the verge of being knocked out by the Aussies tomorrow morning. Personally, I think they'll come back and beat Australia. After that, who knows?
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:51am
So much for me thinking England would do well! LOL

Always fine margins in rugby, a lapse of concentration against Wales gifting them a try when an experienced team would have closed the game out, especially after running the game for an hour.

Australia played well and deserved their victory. That said Hooper should have received a yellow card at least, if the pre-tournament guidelines were to be followed regarding high and illegal tackles he would have seen red and changed the result of the game.

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

So much for me thinking England would do well! LOL

Always fine margins in rugby, a lapse of concentration against Wales gifting them a try when an experienced team would have closed the game out, especially after running the game for an hour.

Australia played well and deserved their victory. That said Hooper should have received a yellow card at least, if the pre-tournament guidelines were to be followed regarding high and illegal tackles he would have seen red and changed the result of the game.

Hooper has been banned for a game. He'll miss the game vs Wales. Be interesting to see what a difference it makes. Looking forward to that more than All Blacks vs Tonga.
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 3:17pm
The poor French, thought they had a chance.  I know the game isn't over yet but I can't see them coming back from 21 points down.
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 3:57pm

LOL.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 4:50pm
Very unexpected scoreline! The South Africans struggled past Wales, so the semi could be very interesting.
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 12:54pm
Go the AB's.....my South African brother in law won't be very happy.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 11:05pm
Went to bed about 1am (after seeing Neil Diamond in Dunedin!), then got up at 4 to watch the game, then went back to bed again for a couple of hours. Have since driven home from Dunedin. Need some sleep, which will come much easier knowing the ABs are in the final.Smile
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 1:34pm
Go the All Blacks!!!!!!
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 7:11pm
Fair play to the Aussies, they turned up today, but it basically showed the All Blacks on their day are just at a completely different level.

Didn't get to watch it live, cos cows wait for no man, or world cup final, but have seen the game now. I was a bit nervous listening to it, especially after Ben Smith got sent off (no argument, awful tackle), but Dan Carter had the game of his life today. Several legends of the game are retiring or going to France to earn some easy money, so it will be a very different team at the next world cup. If the Aussies can keep Michael Cheika, they will be a damn good chance for the next one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic