0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Best from BLACK SABBATH
    Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 7:01pm
Not really much to say here. Everyone knows Sabbath so there isn't much to add. Vote away.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 7:09pm
Could be any of the first 6, I'll go with the debut for sheer influence
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 7:22pm
Master of Reality for me, really flows well with no weak tracks.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 11:40pm
I went Paranoid, because it's Paranoid.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 1:06am
Vol. 4 (1972)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 2:12am
It´ll always be the debut for me. I never get tired of that one. If not, it would be Paranoid.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 2:13am
Wish I could have a second vote. I'd vote Heaven and Hell for the non-Ozzy era.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 3:38am
My all time favourite band. I can't vote in this. I'd question or regret any votes I did cast. A couple of weak albums (forbidden, cross purposes), some very inconsistent ones (never say die), some controversial ones (love Born Again and quite like seventh star as a non-Sabbath rock album) and many complete classics.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 4:04am
This is no doubt pretty bad of me, but my knowledge of Sabbath's discography is rather limited. I own the self-titled, Paranoid, Heaven & Hell and Dehumanizer and additionally heard Master of Reality. That's it. Out of those, I'd say Heaven & Hell, but I enjoy the first two a lot as well. They are albums and a band in general I should listen to more. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 4:14am
^I actually think you might enjoy the Tony Martin fronted albums.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 4:59am
Jonas, you should stop humouring people who don't listen to Sabbath religiously. They're not worth your time Wink
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 5:11am
Big smile
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Jonas, you should stop humouring people who don't listen to Sabbath religiously. They're not worth your time Wink

some of the Tony Martin fronted albums are quite good (Forbidden is the weakest, I agree). 
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 8:28am
Forbidden is poor - the one album I really struggle with. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 9:10am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^I actually think you might enjoy the Tony Martin fronted albums.

I've heard him sing on Arjen Lucassen's Star One song Closer to the Stars and I quite like him. Not heard anything from those Sabbath albums though. Apart from The Eternal Idol it's almost as if someone has tried to sweep them them the carpet. They don't seem as expensive right now as I have seen them, but they certainly don't get the re-issues that the other ones do and they're absent from Spotify as well. I never even knew those albums existed for a long time. Just assumed Dehumanizer was the last. 

Oh and I do have this one in my collection as well:

This is at least an honourary Sabbath album right?
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 10:56am
^I second Jonas's recommendation. I have the Martin-album 'Headless Cross', and it almost has a power metal vibe to it. I haven't heard the other Martin albums, but the aforementioned one I find really good.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 11:17am
Although i love ALL the albums from #1 to Sabotage, i have a thing for Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Sabotage which i voted for. THose albums kinda incorporate all the ideas that came before and meld em together into nice catchy Sabbathness. Also love that Heaven & Hell. Best album cover ever
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 11:19am
The Devil You Known is a very nice album. We got spoilt with two versions of Black Sabbath for a while.

Headless Cross is certainly decent too. It caused a bit of a fight between Martin (who wrote the lyrics) and Iommi. Iommi felt Martin had gone overboard with the satanic imagery and had to remind him that the band used dark themes to portray the fight between good and bad and weren't supposed to be celebrating it. Apparently Martin got a bit carried away and got pulled up for it.

Edited by Bosh66 - 25 Aug 2015 at 11:21am
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 11:21am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

This is no doubt pretty bad of me, but my knowledge of Sabbath's discography is rather limited. I own the self-titled, Paranoid, Heaven & Hell and Dehumanizer and additionally heard Master of Reality. That's it. Out of those, I'd say Heaven & Hell, but I enjoy the first two a lot as well. They are albums and a band in general I should listen to more. 

How can you calll yourself a metal admin and not have heard all the early Sabbath albums? Pinch
You're sooooo missing out! I know it all sounds a little proto these days as that was my first impression getting into those albums well after their days of release but you really must experience the first 6 albums. They are truly magical and the major foundation of metal in general Thumbs Up
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 11:57am
Rather harshly put (albeit in jest) but the first six albums are indeed amazing. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Sabotage were proto-proggy before DT was a twinkle it its metal mother's eye. The rest of the discography is pretty awesome too for the most part. You have most of the Dio era studios but should get Mob Rules just for the title track and Sign Of The Southern Cross if nothing else. Goose-bump inducing stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic