MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hey Everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG, Death, Alt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Everyone
    Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 2:59am
Hey guys, sorry I didn't post here earlier! I already became a collaborator, but I still want to introduce myself to anyone I haven't interacted with yet.

My name is Brendan Schroer, and I'm a musician, reviewer, songwriter, and poet; I'm also into reading, video gaming, and fitness. Right now, I'm currently on my way to join the Navy as a jazz pianist, so I've been practicing like mad to prepare for my audition LOL I'd also like to work as a session musician and film/video game composer in the future. 

My first taste of metal music (as in, full-on metal and not just metal-related like Rush or Queen) was back when I was about 11 or 12 and I heard Death's masterpiece The Sound of Perseverance for the first time. I was pretty much blown away by the heaviness (although other Death albums are heavier for sure) and technicality of the music and decided that I'd be a metal fan for life. The weird thing is that I started my metal journey with extreme metal and other highly abrasive genres, and then worked my way back to the more traditional and accessible genres many people begin with. Also, I'm a firm believer of equality between each subgenre; to me, alternative metal can be just as metal-oriented as death metal. If the genre has "metal" in its name (or is deathcore I guess, lol), it's metal to me, regardless of any stigma or status it has. Big smile I'm also into plenty of other genres, such as folk, jazz, punk, progressive rock, classical, new age, and more. 

Anyway, glad to meet you all. If you wanna chat, either hit me up on this site or come over to my Facebook if you want; I'm the only person with the name Brendan Schroer on the whole site LOL

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 3:08am
The Canadian Navy employs jazz pianists? That's cool. There'd be less world conflict if instead of bombing one another we all kicked back with some Miles Davis on the PA :-)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 3:10am
Welcome to MMA Tongue (although we´ve already interacted a bit). Great to see someone with an eclectic taste in music.

Can you actually join the Navy as a musician? Or is it just a contract gig?
Necrotica View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG, Death, Alt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 3:23am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

The Canadian Navy employs jazz pianists? That's cool. There'd be less world conflict if instead of bombing one another we all kicked back with some Miles Davis on the PA :-)

Idk, I'm gonna be in the American Navy Tongue
Necrotica View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG, Death, Alt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 3:23am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Welcome to MMA Tongue (although we´ve already interacted a bit). Great to see someone with an eclectic taste in music.

Can you actually join the Navy as a musician? Or is it just a contract gig?

Thanks man. And yes, I can join as a full-time musician. There are actually quite a lot of Navy bands Big smile
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 3:29am
Originally posted by Necrotica Necrotica wrote:

Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Idk, I'm gonna be in the American Navy Tongue

WFT did I get Canadian from? California not in Manitoba then? Embarrassed I must have been adding a Canadian band or something Confused

Anyway, glad to hear of your new job Clap
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 4:26am
Well as long as you don´t have to bear arms...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 7:10am
I don't seem to have welcomed you at all yet, so welcome to both the site and the collab ranks. Thumbs Up
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:41am
We've already talked a bit, but welcome to the site! Thumbs Up
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 6:54pm
Welcome. You'll be a big fan of Alestorm then? Just discovered them in the last few weeks myself. Their cover of In The Navy is well... pretty lame, as you'd expect.LOL
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 2:49am
Welcome!
Be excellent to each other.
Necrotica View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG, Death, Alt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 9:29pm
Thanks guys
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic