0 [0.00%]
1 [20.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Artillery album?
    Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 1:01am
Artillery is one of the underrated greats of thrash, which is your favorite in their consistent discography?

For me, it's a three way tie between 'By Inheritance', 'When Death Comes', and 'My Blood'.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 1:57am
To my eternal shame, I've never heard a single song by Artillery. Must remedy that some time.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 2:39am
^Yes you must do that.

To me "By Inheritance" stands above them all as the band´s crowning achievement, although Artillery has released several great albums. I wasn´t a huge fan of "Legions", but My Blood, and When Death Comes are some of their later albums which are really great.
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 10:03am
This POLL is impossible to vote unless you allow multiple selections LOL

Edited by m@x - 24 Jul 2015 at 10:23am
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 11:37am
^That is true LOL
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 12:11pm
By Inheritance

I had to decide and since it's the album that got me into the band - seems like a good option.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 12:16pm
I've only heard Legions so far which I thought was decent but not mind-blowing. I'm interested in hearing more from them though, especially By Inheritance, but it's a difficult album to find for a reasonable price, and also absent from Spotify.

Such a shame that releases widely held as classics are allowed to get so rare. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I've only heard Legions so far which I thought was decent but not mind-blowing. I'm interested in hearing more from them though, especially By Inheritance, but it's a difficult album to find for a reasonable price, and also absent from Spotify.

Such a shame that releases widely held as classics are allowed to get so rare. 

Yeah, I've only been able to find Artillery's recent albums for a decent price. The only way I can listen to By Inheritance is from Youtube. Better then nothing though. 
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 2:55pm
I bought Terror Squad on vinyl back in the 80's and haven't bought any or listened to full albums since. I did think TS was a pretty good album at the time so why I never followed it up I'm not sure. Going to give it a listen again this week.
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 12:14pm
By Inheritance and it's an easy choice. I agree with UMUR 100% basically.

By Inheritance is one of the best thrash metal albums ever released, especially if you are into riff-rich melodic thrash, borderline power/thrash. It's one of those albums that proudly sit next to Nosferatu or Mind Wars as extremely FANTASTIC metal that very few know about but when they do find about them, they go apeshit. 

Lots of eastern, melodic minor scales in there as well. Try youtube guys. Khomaniac, By Inheritance, Bombfood, Back in the Trash are prime examples of the album's greatness and there's more where those came from.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 3:52pm
Can't really vote until I hear the rest but having now heard By Inheritance a couple of times, I don't expect it to be beaten. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 8:30pm
Okay, I'm going to have to just go with My Blood even though it's of the same quality of When Death Comes and By Inheritance. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic