MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FMOTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member
    Posted: 28 May 2015 at 5:24am
Greetings!  My name is Mark and I'm from central Illinois, originally from Chicago.  I've been an active member posting reviews on sister site Prog Archives for a couple of years now.  A couple of years ago I discovered death metal, black metal, and extreme metal generally.  That's why I wanted to join Metal Music Archive.  Musical taste is not supposed to get louder and more aggressive as you get older!  

As for who I am, I'm 48 and my wife and I have 3 awesome children.  I have two jobs, and my family and I belong to a Disciples of Christ church.  We are very involved in teaching Sunday school, serving as deacons, singing in the church choir, and helping with the weekly youth group.  That's me!Smile
The Funkiest Man on the Planet!
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 6:09am
Welcome Mike. That's a pretty full life you've got there, young man.

(Being 49, married with three kids, you're still a child to me Wink)

There are a good few PA members here on MMA, and we could always do with some more, so glad to have you here.

You thought about introducing your choir to some of your music tastes? It could turn out awesome Big smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 6:10am
Welcome to MMA Mark, nice to have you here. Smile

Sounds like an interesting combination your new found love of extreme metal and your Christian faith, but it´s cool if it Works Thumbs Up.

As for liking more and more extreme music the older you get, I get that. Although I started out listening to thrash and death metal when I was pretty Young, I had a long period where I didn´t listen to metal at all, and instead spend my time discovering progressive rock (I´m also an member on PA), but in the last 10 years I´ve become more and more interested in extreme metal Again. So I´m not sure it´s an age thing. More a question of mentality and just basically what moves you. 
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 6:12am
I always thought it was age-related hearing loss that led me to need a heavier and heavier metal fix Wink
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 10:17am
Welcome to the MMA. Clap

Have any favorite death, black, and extreme metal bands? 

Edited by Unitron - 28 May 2015 at 10:19am
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 1:13am
Welcome to MMA.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 2:45am
Welcome!
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 3:43am
Welcome!!! Big smile LOL
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 8:14am
Welcome Mark from another old bugger! I'm also active on PA with the same username on both sites.
Valdis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 11:22am
Welcome to the site!! Wink
Rely on nothing under heaven.
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 8:21am
A little bit of a late welcome from me as well! Wink
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 8:38pm
Hi Mark! I welcome you to this here metal universe. FYI i am in the gospel choir at the Burning Man event in the Nevada desert. Love gospell, love metall. Music good. Silence bad. That's all 
Brains Emoticon
FMOTP View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FMOTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 7:25am
I'm not always quick about responding to messages, so I've missed a few.   Thanx for all the welcomes, guys and gals!   It's terrific to read there are a lot of other people who don't think being a Christian is incompatible with listening to metal.  There are even some fellow choir members among you!   As for favorite extreme metal bands, my list includes My Dying Bride, Leprous, and Enslaved.
The Funkiest Man on the Planet!
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 1:06am
Welcome to the board.
Be excellent to each other.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic