Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some soundtrack song gems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some soundtrack song gems
    Posted: 27 May 2015 at 2:36pm
When bands are asked to do soundtracks they usually make new compositions for the said movie. Many of the big bands of metal do the same thing, so my question is, what are some of your favorite soundtrack songs? 

One of my favorites that come to mind is 'Angry Again' from the Last Action Hero soundtrack. Probably the best song on the filmscore and one of my favorite MD songs out there. 

Edited by aglasshouse - 28 May 2015 at 8:38am
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:33pm
Not film but game. I seem to recall I downloaded this free - not a bad soundtrack even if it's a bit more compilation-sounding - 
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by aglasshouse aglasshouse wrote:

One of my favorites that come to mind is 'Angry Again' from the Last Action Hero soundtrack. Probably the best song on the filmscore and one of my favorite MD songs out there. 

'Angry Again' is amazing, love that song. I actually haven't listened to a whole lot of soundtracks, but the Finger Eleven song 'Sad Exchange' from the Daredevil Soundtrack is really good. 
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

I actually haven't listened to a whole lot of soundtracks, but the Finger Eleven song 'Sad Exchange' from the Daredevil Soundtrack is really good. 

I agree whole heartedly. It makes it better knowing that they made that song while they were turning into a pop band, making it clear that they still had some metal left in their arsenal. Wink
Valdis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 11:21am
Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory (album) for Young Guns II.

IMO, 'Blaze of Glory' and 'Santa Fe' are truly song gems
Rely on nothing under heaven.
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 7:00pm
Well now that I've brought up Last Action Hero, there's a bunch of songs from it that I enjoy: 

Too bad Queensryche and Def Leppard contributed absolute trash, especially from the latter. Dead
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic