MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A 1982-1983 Albums Poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Pick the one you like the most (I know it's hard)
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [7.14%]
6 [42.86%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [14.29%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [7.14%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [14.29%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [7.14%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [7.14%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A 1982-1983 Albums Poll
    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 10:58pm
The Number of the Beast 
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 1:00am
1. Priest
2. Maiden
3. Metallica
4. Slayer
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 3:59pm
Yeah, I was jokingly, (poorly) referencing this: :)

Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Vic Vic wrote:

So, that's like, your opinion man! :P

Yup :)  The greatest thing about music is everyone has their own taste and opinion :)
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 2:40pm
I find them way above average and their classic songs are great. Their stage antics is another matter entirely (for 1982 corny that way was doing it right) and I love Lips' vocals. So, that's like, your opinion man! :P 

I have sung-along to this tune many-a-times in my car. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGdarQGuNeo
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 2:06pm
I tried to like Anvil but they are really a below average band.  The vibrator thing on stage is corny and Lips is a shit vocalist.
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 9:17am
Oh yes, Court in the Act is AWESOME as well. One of the best NWOBHM albums ever imo. Speaking of which, Raven's Wiped Out and All for One are great as well.

Thinking about great albums from the era: Twisted Sister, Tokyo Blade, Exciter. BLACK METAL.
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 9:08am
1. Kill 'Em All
No contest. First album I literally played more than 20 twenty a day for ages. Life-defining. I can't describe what this album means to me. First thrash metal album ever. 

2. Melissa
Monumental. The King. Hank Shermann's finest hour. 

3. Sirens
Monumental. Savatage is one of the best metal bands ever. This is the first of their masterpieces. Sometimes I feel it is overshadowed by some of their more known albums (especially Hall of the Mountain King and Gutter Ballet) but it is truly an incredible album. The Oliva bros shine from the very first second. Sirens the song is the most known from the album (and rightfully so, it is a song that stands next to the most magical songs of Dio) but there are so many scorching heavy/power metal tracks in here it's not even funny. I have a very soft spot for Scream Murder.

4. Show No Mercy
Black Magic, Crionics, Die by the Sword. QED.

5. The Number of the Beast
It shocks even me to have this beast of an album at #5 but I have to be honest. I love this album. 

Piece of Mind deserved a place here. Of coure I understand that the poll should be as varied as possible and I agree with the choice of Maiden album. Still, Piece of Mind is so monumental it could just as easily have been picked. Of course Trooper, Flight of Icarus but also To Tame a Land, Revelations etc. I don't know who will understand this but I also regard it as "the most Iron Maiden album". 

Bark at the Moon
Same deal exactly as above. Exactly.

Into Glory Ride
Manowar is today a joke. Manowar in 1983 compared to today (or post-1992)  is like what Metallica was in 1983-1988 compared to 1999. And then some. The sense of EPIC in metal music shifted gears with this album. For many people this is the best album ever and I understand them completely. Comparable only to Hail to England and Sign of the Hammer. Secret of Steel is my favorite Manowar song and that is saying much. Changed even Quorthon's life. Even though he would never admit it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhVgbfClF2A

Warlord - Deliver Us
Totally unique, totally magical, such a special touch on the drums (Zonder) and that unique sense of melody by Tsamis. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZVqeKzGw8s

Holy Diver
Dio's best solo album. On par with Rising and Heaven and Hell.

Anvil - Forged in Fire
People have associated Anvil with the documentary and Metal on Metal. And thus ignore Anvil's finest hour and best songs. FREE AS THE WIND.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPVAQktoANM

I have only words of praise for the Saxon, Priest (has some fillers though!), Diamond Head, Accept (HEAVY METAL),  Thin Lizzy or Scorpions (which might just be my favorite among them).
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 12:09pm
Some classic albums there but I'll go for Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 3:39pm
I can't decide - a couple of okay albums, a number of good albums and a smattering of great albums here. One that won't win many votes in my opinion is from the great Uriah Heep and their not so great opus Abominog. I've a lot of Heep including this and Equator - both shockingly dull! That said, the ratings given to some decent albums on this site seem rather low Confused

Well if I must choose, I'll go Scorpions Blackout, a very '80s sounding metal album with no votes as yet.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 2:15pm
Polls like this really show up my lack of knowledge of 80's stuff. Voted Maiden but I'm ashamed to say I only have 3 albums off that list (Maiden, Priest, Metallica) and heard one further one (Dio). And only have heard one other from that time frame (Pagan Altar), not counting Marillion's debut. 

If the trend of these threads is going to continue and there's going to be an '84 - '85 poll I'd fare a bit better as I have at least heard I guess around three times as many albums then '82 - '83. But yeah there are some massive holes in my 80's metal listening. Embarrassed
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 11:46am
So many good albums, it's hard to choose. Went with Judas Priest this time, Screaming for Vengeance has always been one of my favorites.

Other great albums I could have voted for:

Holy Diver
Blackout
The Number of the Beast
Kill 'em All
Shout at the Devil
Balls to the Wall
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 11:32am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Shite, that must be one hell of a collector´s item.

Its a 2013 re-issue limited edition that I picked up for £9.99. One of 300.

I'm not sure its worth a lot more at this stage but later on it probably will be.
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 11:17am
I have balanced between Dio's Holy Diver and Thin Lizzy's Thunder and Lightning. This last one isn't bad, but I tend to prefer older Thin Lizzy albums.
RRROOOAAARRR!!! - Vo�vod, II-1, 1986 B.C.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 10:07am
Shite, that must be one hell of a collector´s item.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 9:24am
I have that on Limited Edition pic disc Big smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Dobbie03 Dobbie03 wrote:

UMUR, you took the words right out of my mouth.
Big smile

Edited by UMUR - 14 May 2015 at 9:13am
Lynx33 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynx33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 7:08am
Originally posted by LittleBig LittleBig wrote:

Originally posted by Lynx33 Lynx33 wrote:

Kiss Creatures of the Night 1982

darn, I forgot about it, it's one of their best.

I like it tooSmile
All that is over. Today, I know how to celebrate beauty.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 5:54am
Fate for 83 and Maiden for 82.

A number of classics missing from the list: (I know you couldn't include them all Smile)

From 1982

Heavy Load
Legend
Demon
Picture
Tank
Pagan Altar
Witchfinder General

From 1983

Jaguar
Raven
Grim Reaper
Satan
Manilla Road
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 5:40am
Originally posted by Lynx33 Lynx33 wrote:

Kiss Creatures of the Night 1982

darn, I forgot about it, it's one of their best.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic