Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gulty pleasures!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gulty pleasures!
    Posted: 06 May 2015 at 11:51am
I did a search to see if there is such a topic and I got no results LOL
Anyway, I believe everyone has some (musical obviously) guilty pleasures, if not, then I am the only guilty one LOL

Here are a few:

Toto
Foreigner
A-ha
Depeche Mode
Ultravox
U2
Bon Jovi (they've good a lot of good songs, some uninspired and cheesy ones as well)
Journey (starting 1978, because before that they were a prog band)
Night Ranger
Survivor
Duran Duran (same situation as BJ)
Dido

that's enough for now, I'll be back with some more guilty pleasures bands/albums and I'm looking forward to your guilty pleasures and comments.

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 12:17pm
I don't feel guilty for much of any of the music I listen to, except maybe this piece of stupid...

It's so stupid, but I love it LOL
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 12:28pm
[QUOTE=Unitron]I don't feel guilty for much of any of the music I listen to, except maybe this piece of stupid...

It's so stupid, but I love it LOL
[/QUOTEplayed qbout 2 mins of that and it was some of the most random shit ever lol
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 12:34pm
^Yup, that it is. I can't think of much else weirder LOL
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 5:53pm
Toto is not a guilty pleassure to me, bit a real great

Nik Kershaws two first albums are my guilty pleassure and some Chicago and Elton John 80s tracks

Edited by Balthamel - 06 May 2015 at 5:53pm
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 5:59pm
Oh, I forgot one that will probably make a lot of people go 'Huh?'

King Crimson, because I always feel guilty liking some of their songs because of how much I hate Robert Fripp. I mean come on, Lars is a better man in the music industry then Fripp is. LOL
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Balthamel Balthamel wrote:

Toto is not a guilty pleassure to me, bit a real great

Nik Kershaws two first albums are my guilty pleassure and some Chicago and Elton John 80s tracks

I like Toto a lot, but i got laughed at for saying I liked them; and some other artists I've mentioned, too.

"Guilty pleasure" is an oxymoron, anything one likes but doesn't brag about it. It's an expression people take too seriously.
I like some fast food every once in a while, I know it's not that good for me, but I sometimes like the taste. Same thing with the bands in my list - I sometimes listen to and enjoy it a lot. Wink I exaggerate a bit, but you know what I mean.

Edited by LittleBig - 06 May 2015 at 7:00pm
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 8:35am
I am not ashamed of anything I enjoy, be it pop or teen pop or whatever hideous thing the music business has spewed out. If I like it, I like it. That being said, I will contribute to the thread.

I love the first Rhapsody album. I really like the first Hammerfall album. They are both very good albums but I cannot stand either band after their 2nd album, which was already straining it. There are few things that I hate more than slick, expensive, modern eurovision-style cheese in my METAL. It really brings out the 13 year old thrasher in me (the one who had a vitriolic thing to say about almost everyone, you know).

But the prize for guilty pleasure of the century goes to this:

You just need to see the clip to understand why and I cannot defend this hilarious little thing but there is a comment somewhere in there that sums it up:

First time listening - lol wtf is this bullshit Second time listening - this is some silly stuff Third time listening - i actually kinda like the guitars Fourth time listening - awesome song! Fifth time listening - SHE'S A BLACK NINJAAAAAAA 

Granted, I still lol with the video and lyrics.

Edited by Vic - 07 May 2015 at 8:35am
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 5:27pm
Whos job did Nik Kershaw try to replace, in a famous legendary proto metal band, and which band am I refarin to?
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:41am
I've been listening to some Diary of Dreams lately and this catchy song got stuck in my head.

ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

King Crimson, because I always feel guilty liking some of their songs because of how much I hate Robert Fripp. I mean come on, Lars is a better man in the music industry then Fripp is. LOL

LOL
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

+1 x 100
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic