MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cattle Decapitation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cattle Decapitation
    Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 10:50am
A brutal death/deathgrind band with some experimental/prog elements. I love them.

Opinions? 

Edited by bartosso - 22 Apr 2015 at 10:59am
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 12:51am
Awesome band.  They just get better and better.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 2:29pm
Recently discovered these guys - freakingly awesome !! They don’t seem to be talked about much though ??
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 2:31pm
Not a band I know much about, Tom. Where to start?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 3:18pm
I think they are a great band too. I´d start with one of the last releases Chris. The first couple of albums are relatively straight goregrind (although the lyrics are a bit unusual). By the third album Things become a Little more interesting and then it takes off completely on the fourth and so on. I´ve seen them live too, and they are a great live band.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 7:52pm
I have a few albums. I like them but they don't blow me away. Love their album covers and the fact they promote vegetarianism and all that but musically, just good not great.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Not a band I know much about, Tom. Where to start?
Karma. Bloody. Karma. although I haven’t heard all their albums as yet.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 5:43am
Thumbs Up
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 2:33pm
I have their 2015 album The Anthropene Extinction and it's pretty good. Haven't heard much of their early stuff though so can't comment.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 4:27am
I don’t get it ???   I’m Progger by heart (Canterbury jazz-prog esp.) but only certain bands in Extreme capture my attention.....Cattle Decap being one of them.
Guess I’m a poser of sorts ???
I cut my post short thanks to this tiime-out b/s.
This ‘Death Metal’ genre is simply OUTSTANDING. I thought VDGG, Soft Machine and Magma were musically unique and technical.....?

Edited by Tom Ozric - 07 Aug 2018 at 4:45am
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:29pm
Did I offend some folk ???
I do love Extreme music, and within the Prog-World, Magma are a band I love since the late-80’s. Now, some of these ‘Extreme’ bands esp. for Metal, need to impess a ‘Prog Snob [#&@?!]’ (which I’m not......) but t at leasr Jonas is an inspiration, with his love of all sorts of musicoel fenres...
ColdReverie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColdReverie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:51am
Definitely an interesting band, but no matter how hard I tried to enjoy Monolith of Inhumanity and The Anthropocene Extinction, I'm afraid the vocals just don't do it for me. I'll have to come back to them at some point though.

Edited by ColdReverie - 11 Aug 2018 at 1:52am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:44am
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

I do love Extreme music, and within the Prog-World, Magma are a band I love since the late-80’s. Now, some of these ‘Extreme’ bands esp. for Metal, need to impess a ‘Prog Snob [#[email protected]?!]’ (which I’m not......) but t at leasr Jonas is an inspiration, with his love of all sorts of musicoel fenres...

No, I´m sure no one was offended. I think you´ll find that most users on MMA are very open minded when it comes to their musical tastes.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 9:20pm
The Harvest Floor and Monolith of Inhumanity are their best albums by far, imo.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 2:10am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

I do love Extreme music, and within the Prog-World, Magma are a band I love since the late-80’s. Now, some of these ‘Extreme’ bands esp. for Metal, need to impess a ‘Prog Snob [#[URL=/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection" rel="nofollow][email protected][/URL]?!]’ (which I’m not......) but t at leasr Jonas is an inspiration, with his love of all sorts of musicoel fenres...

<FONT style=": #000000"> 

<FONT style=": #000000">No, I´m sure no one was offended. I think you´ll find that most users on MMA are very open minded when it comes to their musical tastes.
Ha !! I do lots of typos when I’ve had a few.......
Thanks Jonas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image