MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Immolation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Immolation
    Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 12:31am
What do you guys think of Immolation? I rate these guys up there with Carcass, they do no wrong for me.  Tell us your thoughts!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 2:11am
I remember when their debut came out, and me and my friends would listen to it a lot. I still enjoy that album quite a bit (my review is here: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/review/dawn-of-possession/233551). They were fired from Roadrunner Records before they were able to release a sophomore album though, which is one of the reasons why it took them so long to release "Here in After". Already on that album they started their journey towards the more twisted dissonant sound they have today, and slowly progressed that sound over the course of their discography. Because of their riffing style they have quite a Unique sound. It´s also completely uncompromising with not even the slightest touch of melody, and very few recognisable hooks, which will pretty surely turn some listeners off. I personally enjoy their music a lot. Other than the debut which I have a special affection for, I can´t say what other albums I would especially recommend. Not that they aren´t great, but because they are so consistent in quality and style, that they are all recommendable. I guess I´d just start from an end.
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 2:55am
Close To A World below, in my opinion, is their pinnacle. A perfect album of dissonant Death Metal.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 5:53am
I like Immolation quite a bit. It's fascinating how they stand out from their peers and yet manage to stay very true to the death metal sound. I'd even venture to say that they sounded kind of avant-garde back in the day, but never progressive, if you know what I meanTongue.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 6:21am
Yeah that´s a great description of their sound. Kind of avant garde for the time, but not progressive and still very true to their old school roots.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 11:31am
Another band I need to check out, I need to fix that today. Tongue
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

I like Immolation quite a bit. It's fascinating how they stand out from their peers and yet manage to stay very true to the death metal sound. I'd even venture to say that they sounded kind of avant-garde back in the day, but never progressive, if you know what I meanTongue.

Good description.
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Another band I need to check out, I need to fix that today. Tongue

I don't think you will be disappointed.

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 4:37pm
Listened to their debut today, really good stuff.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:34pm
That's a band I'd really like to listen to more myself! Great stuff, from the little I've heard!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 8:49am
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

That's a band I'd really like to listen to more myself! Great stuff, from the little I've heard!

You can't go wrong with Immolation....ever.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image