Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slave To The Grind - A Film About Grindcore

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slave To The Grind - A Film About Grindcore
    Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 10:03pm
Hey guys,

I went to the Napalm Death/Voivod concert in Toronto last week, and learned of an upcoming documentary about grindcore.  They were filming some footage of the moshpit to be used in the film (a pit I had no part of LOL).  I figure they could use some promotion for their fundraising attempts, and what better place to do it than these fine forums?

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 5:05pm
I heard about this project a couple of days ago. It could be interesting. Too bad you weren´t filmed in the mostpit Dan Big smile
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I heard about this project a couple of days ago. It could be interesting. Too bad you weren´t filmed in the mostpit Dan Big smile

I think if I get hit the wrong way in a moshpit I take it personal.  Maybe it's best I avoid the pit, but whenever I'm at a show like this one I wish for my long hair back so I can circle-bang. LOL
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 8:47pm
The only Grindcore I've really taken the time to listen to is Nasum, and I did really enjoy that. It might be nice to know though how names like 'Anal Cunt' came to be. LOL
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 9:19pm
For those interested, the fundraising campaign has ended, and they have raised just under 20K through their Kickstarter.  That is enough funding to take them to Californina to get them some key interviews.  I spoke to the director when I was at a Fuck The Facts concert a month ago, and he mentioned that even if they fell short of their financial goal to reach England, they will find a way to get there to make the doc as complete as possible. Smile
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 9:48pm
I'm looking forward to this Doco, I love Metal Documentaries. :D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic