MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColdReverie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings!
    Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 3:35pm
Greetings all ! 

I'm ColdReverie. I've been into metal for roughly 10 - 12 years now and it is without a doubt a genre that I love with a fierce passion. I have a preference for death and black metal, but I am open to other subgenres, the main ones being doom, folk, heavy, progressive, gothic, symphonic, melodic death and the odd power metal band here and there. I also love listening to post-rock (mostly instrumental, such as God Is An Astronaut or If These Trees Could Talk), classic bands such as Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin, and classical music (favourite composers being Bach, Stravinsky and Holst). 

Favourite metal bands include: 

Death Metal: Nile, Morbid Angel, Obscura, Bolt Thrower, Death, Behemoth, The Monolith Deathcult, Immolation, Vader and many many more.

Black Metal: Immortal, Carach Angren, A Forest of Stars, Summoning, Watain, Gorgoroth, Wolves in the Throne Room, Darkspace, Fen, and once again, many more.

...and Iron Maiden, Opeth, Katatonia, Epica, Kamelot, Sabaton, Agalloch, Scorpions, System of a Down, Lamb of God, Melechesh, Amon Amarth, anything by Devin Townsend, (old) Children of Bodom, Rhapsody of Fire, Black Sabbath, Orphaned Land, Ayreon, etc. For a more extensive list, you can take a look at my Last.fm (link in my profile)!

I decided to come over here as I know adg211288, UMUR and DippoMagoo from another website, and as I enjoy the company of open-minded metalheads, I thought I'd give this place a try.

In any case, see you around!

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 3:41pm
Welcome, stranger!
ColdReverie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColdReverie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 3:44pm
Fancy meeting you here, strange sir, though I couldn't possibly imagine who you might be Tongue
Valdis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 3:47pm
Welcome ColdReverie!! Smile

Rely on nothing under heaven.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 3:50pm
Welcome ColdReverie, good to have you on board.

Adam and Jonas are lurking around here somewhere, and you've already bumped into Travis I see!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 4:15pm
Welcome to MMA. Good to see you here Smile. I see we share a love for old school death metal among other things.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 4:15pm
Welcome to our site. I've been into metal for more than 25 years myself - always nice to meet new fellow metalheads.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 5:07pm
Welcome to the MMA ColdReverie! Smile

I'm also a big fan of a lot of those bands you mentioned. Tongue
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 5:41pm
Welcome, welcome, welcome Big smile
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 3:18am
Welcome!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColdReverie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 4:13am
Thank you all ! 
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 3:10pm
Looks like you've got pretty good taste, welcome
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 8:52pm
Greetings and welcome to MMA. I love Belgium. Are you from Brussels? My favorite places are Brugges and Ghent. Great list of metal bands. I love most of those myself Big smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColdReverie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 4:17am
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Greetings and welcome to MMA. I love Belgium. Are you from Brussels? My favorite places are Brugges and Ghent. Great list of metal bands. I love most of those myself Big smile

Thanks!

No, but I live close to Brussels (between Namur and Brussels to be more precise). Brugges and Ghent are indeed beautiful places, as are most towns in the Flemish part of Belgium :)
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 4:47am
I was in Belgium a couple of years ago. We stayed in Brussels, but did go to visit Brugges and Louvain-la-Neuve. Brugges is absolutely amazing, and Louvain-la-Neuve was just like being on a giant campus.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColdReverie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 5:08am
^I'm currently finishing my studies at the UCL in Louvain-la-Neuve :) Though I don't live on campus anymore, getting woken up in the middle of the night by drunken spastics or by dubstep just got too much for me, especially since I'm not exactly a party animal.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 10:08am
I follow you.
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 9:37pm
Hello!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic