Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 94>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 2:27pm
Going to throw in a recommendation here. I haven't finished this yet but it looked so intriguing that I took a shot on it in the Steam sale and I'm really loving it so far.

The only complaint I have is that sometimes dialogue choices disappear before I've even had a chance to read them all. But apparently the developers are looking at addressing that in future updates. 

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 7:32pm
Yeah, I played Oxenfree on PS4 recently and liked it a lot. It took a while for me to adjust to the really tiny character models and the fact that they look cartoony while sounding realistic, but otherwise I really enjoyed the story and I thought the radio feature was really neat, especially the optional stuff you can do with it. I also had a hard time selecting dialogue choices in time, which usually isn't a problem for me with this type of game, so I'd definitely consider playing through again when they patch that.

Ara Fell continues to go well, though it's on the  backburner for a bit while I play Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness on my PS4. It's a pretty fun Action RPG so far with great combat, tons of optional stuff already, and it has seamless transitions in and out of combat, which makes it flow wonderfully. It's been getting negative reviews and reactions from fans, but as a longtime fan of the series I'm absolutely loving it so far.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 28 Jun 2016 at 7:35pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 2:24am
Just finished Oxenfree but I may do a second run straight away. The end implied that it wasn't really the end and that a second run is needed to really experience everything. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:00pm
Huh, that's weird. My ending sure felt like a real ending, and it felt like one of the good endings, if not the best ending.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 29 Jun 2016 at 12:00pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:02pm
Well my ending was good (Alex bonded with Jonas, Ren and Nona dating, Clarissa saved) so long as you didn't count that they were still stuck in a time loop. Wink
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:12pm
Yeah, that's not how mine went. I actually forgot I didn't save Clarissa, so my wasn't the best ending for sure, but..... Something else happened that made it a really good ending anyway, and it appears it didn't happen for you.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:15pm
So yours didn't end with them all back right where they started going to the island in the first place? 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:22pm
Not entirely. Its hard to explain without spoiling it, but they definitely left the island in my ending, and then some weird stuff happened just before the credits, but I got the impression it only happened to Alex and not everyone else.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 29 Jun 2016 at 12:24pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:36pm
Well for me one of the last dialogue choices was Alex saying to Ren that he'd already said something. Then the distortion that symbolises a loop started and the main menu changed to Continue Timeline. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:42pm
Weird. I had something like that happen during the game, but certainly not at the end, and I never got returned to the menu until after the credits.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:46pm
Yeah and during the end monologue when Alex said what happened to everyone the time loop glitch happened and her tone completely changed and started talking about going to the island for the party. 

Seems you did something that I didn't to escape it then. Not sure what as I'd thought I'd done all the kinds of optional stuff that you need to usually do in games to unlock the good endings (found all letters and anomalies for example). 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:55pm
I did have Alex's voice go a bit robotic at the end and she looped, but me and my brother just figured she had become a ghost and that was the ending, and everyone else made it off the island. I don't think I got "Continue Timeline" in the menu, either. I may have to check at some point.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 1:03pm
Just put the game back on used the Continue Timeline option and I can already confirm that things are different: game is playing the looping static already and Alex's very first dialogue includes an option to say that it's familiar.
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 1:08pm
I guess I will have to play through again at some point, then. I'll probably wait a bit to see if they ever fix the issue with the dialogue choices, though, because I have other stuff to play in the meantime.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 1:09pm
Not going to spoil any more of the new game plus mode but I actually just picked up an echo of the previous run's dialogue right at the start when Ren asks Alex to use to the radio for the first time. So yeah, definitely play it again I have a feeling thing's going to be some different stuff happening all the way. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 3:58pm
Just finished a second run of Oxenfree.

Spoiler warning so stop reading if you don't want to know!

The fates of all the characters in the game were not that different having played again, despite me making a conscious choice to do things differently this time. The only major change was I somehow went from Alex and Jonas bonding to Alex keeping Jonas at a distance, which didn't make much sense as I thought their relationship was going the same way, with the only difference being that this time I decided that Alex would realistically get angry at Jonas and Ren's fight and so instead of picking sides took Nona with me instead for that part of the game.

What did change was the end. While the time loop still repeated itself instead of going straight back to the menu there was an extra scene after the final photo monlogue that takes place before the start of the game. I won't say exactly what happens in it or how to get that outcome but it felt more like a true ending, though my main menu still says Continue Timeline (presumably I can play a new game plus mode until I reset it in the options to start over). 

Edited by adg211288 - 01 Jul 2016 at 3:59pm
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 1:32am
I started Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor last night. So far it looks as if it may be the best Lord of the Rings related game out there (though I do have fond memories of both The Third Age and The Hobbit on Gamecube). The only thing that is really holding me back from really getting into it so far is that the controls feel pretty awkward on keyboard and mouse. I think I'm going to have to switch to my controller to get through this one as some the stretches to get to all the keys you need at once are ridiculous. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 9:54am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I started Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor last night. So far it looks as if it may be the best Lord of the Rings related game out there (though I do have fond memories of both The Third Age and The Hobbit on Gamecube). The only thing that is really holding me back from really getting into it so far is that the controls feel pretty awkward on keyboard and mouse. I think I'm going to have to switch to my controller to get through this one as some the stretches to get to all the keys you need at once are ridiculous. 

Now that I have a new PC, I might actually be able to finally play Shadow of Mordor, the only thing that stops me now is the awful promotional campaign where they paid people to write positive reviews. I love The Third Age, one of the best RPG's I've ever played.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 10:04am
I heard about that. I think that speaks of their lack of confidence in the game to be honest but so far it seems pretty solid with some types of game mechanics I haven't encountered before, and the combat seems mostly pretty good, though I haven't mastered dodging yet. 

If you're thinking about getting it now is actually a good time as its got 75% off the complete edition with all DLC on the Steam sale. The sale ends tomorrow. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 11:08am
I abslutely hated Shadows of Mordor. Played for about 5 hours and got completely sick of it. I remember I only got it on a sale because I saw it being hyped up like crazy, but I always was concerned that it would just be the same extremely repetitive combat the whole game with nothing else to hold my attention, and I was right. People hype up the Nemesis system as being something revolutionary, but all it is they just keep making you fight the same enemy over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, but they get harder each time. That's not innovation: That's just pure garbage repetition, imo.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 94>
  Share Topic