Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 3:45am
Originally posted by Murphy Murphy wrote:

A lot of the metal I find myself listening to has pretty low fidelity so I usually think twice about lashing out for the exhortation prices they charge for new vinyl these days.
Yeah I'm pretty careful of what I buy in this format too. Often when listening to a CD or an MP3 I find myself thinking "would this sound great on wax?" before investing in vinyl version.

Originally posted by Murphy Murphy wrote:

I've a Pro-ject 9.2 paired with a Ortofon OM30 cartridge and stylus. No complaints about either from my end.
Currently I'm using an old (?) and automatic Philips F7215 of which needle I haven't even changed yet - but now I should because the sound is getting a lot worse. Also have a manual JVC player that I'm most likely going to use for now until I get a new needle for this automatic one. And I don't really mind is it an automatic one - I've just kept changing between the Philips and the JVC every now and then and tried to compare if I hear any differences in sound (haven't). So I'm going to use both of them, heh...
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 8:56pm
Love them to bits and have collected a fair few over the years - could not be both counting.

That said, I'd only have about ten Metal albums. A lot of the metal I find myself listening to has pretty low fidelity so I usually think twice about lashing out for the exhortation prices they charge for new vinyl these days. Moss' Cthonic Rites is absolutely crushing in this format.  

I've a Pro-ject 9.2 paired with a Ortofon OM30 cartridge and stylus. No complaints about either from my end.

Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 4:10pm
Any other lovers of this certain format? Not that I would be a total vinyl elitist (in fact I have less than 30 vinyls right now) but there is a certain magic when you put a vinyl record on and hear the warm touch of analog. It also makes me focus on the music better because you've got to be there to flip the side. So it's not a 70-minute cd where you can be distracted more easily.

Was somewhat surprised when some of my relatives were surprised when they saw me first time receiving some LPs and cassettes ("They still do those!?") some years ago. Luckily vinyls (and cassettes) are still a general thing in those certain musical styles I listen to. Bad thing is that it's freaking expensive to mail 12"s in Finland. I can actually order a 12" cheaper from Germany than from a domestic distro, but I do support domestic ones now and more rarely order them from foreign countries.

Edited by Vehemency - 29 May 2010 at 4:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic