TONGUE EATING LOUSE — Voidwalker

TONGUE EATING LOUSE - Voidwalker cover

Album · 2018

1. L'appel du vide (17:26)
2. Alchemy of the Void (11:32)
3. Shaman of L.O.W. (13:15)

- John Wood / bass, vocals
- Nick Tooms / drums, additional vocals
- Rob Kinsella / guitars
- Beau Jodoin / guitars, vocals

CD, digital and cassette album released 10th August 2018 on Sludgelord Records (SLR012).

CD limited to 55 copies. Cassette limited to 65 copies.

Recorded, mixed and mastered by Mike Raymond at Reverence Audio, between 2016 and 2018.

Thanks to Bosh66 for the addition

Buy TONGUE EATING LOUSE - VOIDWALKER music

More places to buy metal & TONGUE EATING LOUSE music

TONGUE EATING LOUSE VOIDWALKER reviews

BitterJalapeno
Released in 2018, Voidwalker is the debut studio album by Canadian sludge/doom band Tongue Eating Louse. I discovered the band while looking down the list of artists recently added to the MMA database and found the name “Tongue Eating Louse” intriguing enough to merit further research.

Comprised of three long tracks, the album possesses a haunting, dissonant and abrasive sound which barely lets up apart from the occasional slightly more melodic and harmonious parts. Despite the unrelenting abrasion, there’s something quite graceful about how the music smoothly undulates from passage to passage while still maintaining a constant sense of impending doom.

The usual boxes for sludge/doom are ticked – down tuned guitars with a heavy tone, slow pace and powerful thundering drums. Two vocalists can be identified – one with a low growl and another with a higher pitched scream reminiscent of the the 00s melodic metalcore scene although they are equal in terms of ferocity. The production is good for a very much unknown band.

Further research provided disappointment as I discovered Tongue Eating Louse are no longer together. This is a shame because “Voidwalker” is certainly a promising debut album and it would have been interesting to see how the band was to develop their sound further. It’s by no means perfect but certainly an album worth checking out.

No TONGUE EATING LOUSE VOIDWALKER reviews posted by members yet.

No TONGUE EATING LOUSE ratings only posted yet.

Paranoid Heavy Metal

Eternal Metalcore
MOTTA7000
Withering Deathcore
WITHERING

With the Dead - Isolation (OFFICIAL)
WITH THE DEAD