Vovin
THERION

THERION - Vovin cover

Album · 1998

Filed under Symphonic Metal

1. The Rise of Sodom and Gomorrah (6:45)
2. Birth of Venus Illegitima (5:15)
3. Wine of Aluqah (5:04)
4. Clavicula Nox (8:50)
5. The Wild Hunt (3:49)
6. Eye of Shiva (6:19)
7. Black Sun (5:10)
8. Draconian Trilogy, Part 1: The Opening (1:28)
9. Draconian Trilogy, Part 2: Morning Star (3:34)
10. Draconian Trilogy, Part 3: Black Diamonds (2:58)
11. Raven of Dispersion (5:57)

Information missing - contribute to MMA, by filling this information using the left menu member zone link "Edit album infos". This function is only available to MMA Collabs.

THERION MP3, Free Download/Stream

Buy THERION - VOVIN music

Showing all 20 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com
VovinVovin
Nuclear Blast Americ 1998
Vovin/DeggialVovin/Deggial
NEMS 2007
Audio CD$578.04 (used)
Showing 2 items | Cache expiring in 72h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com

More places to buy metal & THERION music

THERION VOVIN reviews

Having fully blossomed on Lepaca Kliffoth and Theli, Therion then hit a transitional phase as they drained their music of its former death metal influences and worked to put in a more gothic foundation for their particular brand of symphonic metal. The end result is an album I can't help but find less immediately arresting than its two predecessors, though it's a competent enough job and when it does work it's an interesting continuation of this particular musical direction. Still, I can't help but feel that underneath the undeniable polish Vovin is just a bit more vapid than the preceding albums.
bonnek
Therion had one more great work in them before they turned into a metal muzak producing unit, While Theli marked the end of their creative progression, Vovin is a solid confirmation of their quality standards. Even though the music is very straightforward, the huge symphonic arrangements, operatic voices and pleasant melodies could easily win over many prog-heads.

While every song is most pleasant, the continuous slow place and generic approach bogs down the effect somewhat. The Wild Hunt is the only up-tempo track that stirs things up a bit. Another weakness is that it is really too sweet and smooth all the way through. It's sure done tastefully, neither kitschy nor excessive (which is quite an achievement in this style), but sometimes I'd really like to kick their butt hoping they would put a bit more adventure in their work.

Therion used to be a unique and ground-breaking metal act in the 90's. Vovin easily proves that. But I used to be more overwhelmed by it at the time it came out. Since then it hasn't survived repeated critical listens all that well, I only play it occasionally now.

No THERION VOVIN reviews posted by members yet.

• ElGordoPopochas