Out Of The Voiceless Grave
THE LURKING FEAR

THE LURKING FEAR - Out Of The Voiceless Grave cover

Album · 2017

Filed under Death Metal

01. Out Of The Voiceless Grave (1:03)
02. Vortex Spawn (2:49)
03. The Starving Gods Of Old (3:37)
04. The Infernal Dread (3:31)
05. With Death Engraved In Their Bones (3:34)
06. Upon Black Winds (3:25)
07. Teeth Of The Dark Plains (3:08)
08. The Cold Jaws Of Death (4:26)
09. Tongued With Foul Flames (2:38)
10. Winged Death (4:39)
11. Tentacles Of Blackened Horror (4:20)
12. Beneath Menacing Sands (4:59)

- Fredrik Wallenberg / guitars
- Jonas Stålhammar / guitars
- Adrian Erlandsson / drums
- Tomas Lindberg / vocals
- Andreas Axelsson / bass

Century Media Records.
CD, LP, Downlaod.

Thanks to Nightfly for the addition

THE LURKING FEAR MP3, Free Download/Stream

No THE LURKING FEAR MP3s available for streaming.

Buy THE LURKING FEAR - OUT OF THE VOICELESS GRAVE music

Out Of The Voiceless GraveOut Of The Voiceless Grave
Century Media 2017
Showing 1 items | Cache expiring in 71h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Showing all 17 items | *Auction price may increase, data is cached, expiring in 23h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & THE LURKING FEAR music

THE LURKING FEAR OUT OF THE VOICELESS GRAVE reviews

Nightfly
I don’t know where Adrian Erlandsson, drummer with The Lurking Fear finds the time. He always seems to have something on the go – At The Gates (naturally), The Haunted, Paradise Lost, Vallenfyre to name just a few bands he’s played with and now this. He’s joined by At The Gates/ former Lock Up vocalist Tomas Lindberg, guitarists Jonas Stalhammar and Fredrik Wallenberg and bassist Andreas Axellsson who between them have played in the ranks of Edge Of Sanity, The Crown, Skitsystem, Disfear and Tormented. I guess this makes them some kind of supergroup. Sadly supergroups don’t always add up to the sum of their parts and can be disappointing. Fortunately that’s not the case here and The Lurking Fear, named after an H.P. Lovecraft short story, have delivered a class album of old school style death metal. This was their self-imposed remit, the band saying they wanted to create an album inspired by the likes of early Death, Morbid Angel, Autopsy and Possessed to name a few. It’s to the bands credit that it hasn’t come across as sounding contrived with these self-imposed limitations, but then these guys are all experienced players with years spent in the extreme metal arena.

The list of bands above should give you a clue that this isn’t going to sound like At The Gates style melodic death metal. Instead of the Gothenburg sound it has far more in common with what came out of the other side of Sweden from Stockholm. That is dirty, crushingly heavy punk infused old school death metal. The sympathetic production is perfect – thick, powerful and organic but with enough clarity to hear those killer riffs which are not in short supply. The songs are short and to the point but still have room to develop ideas and changes of tempo from blast beats to slower doom infused riffs, though in the main the pace is kept fast. Vortex Spawn and The Starving Gods Of Old, which open the album after the short instrumental title track, are as good an example as any as what you’re in for here. Straight to the point and packing considerable punch with tons of energy and the riffs to match. Fortunately they keep coming one after another with barely a weak moment throughout the entire album. In fact if anything it gets better, The Cold Jaws of Death being another highlight. Song titles like this and Tentacles Of Blackened Horror are in keeping with the Lovecraftian imagery the band clearly want to convey. Winged Death kicks off like Judas Priest’s Exciter but there the similarities end. No disrespect to Priest who I love greatly, but they have never released anything sounding this evil or dirty – a suitable sense of dread and foreboding doom intact throughout brought to an effectively slower conclusion on closer Beneath Menacing Sands. Great stuff!

I really hope that Out Of The Voiceless Grave doesn’t turn out to be a one off. Sure, I’m looking forward to the next At The Gates album but at the moment I’m more than happy to have The Lurking Fear to be going on with. I’d be very surprised if this doesn’t make my top 10 at the end of the year.

No THE LURKING FEAR OUT OF THE VOICELESS GRAVE reviews posted by members yet.

No THE LURKING FEAR ratings only posted yet.

Tochka Zoru Deathcore