Metalized
SWORD

SWORD - Metalized cover

Album · 1986

1. F.T.W. (3:38)
2. Children of Heaven (2:38)
3. Stoned Again (3:27)
4. Dare to Spit (3:45)
5. Outta Control (3:00)
6. The End of the Night (3:00)
7. Runaway (3:38)

- Dan Hughes / Drums

Aquarius August 1986

Thanks to colt for the addition and adg211288 for the updates

SWORD MP3, Free Download/Stream

No SWORD MP3s available for streaming.

Buy SWORD - METALIZED music

metalized LPmetalized LP
AQUARIUS
Vinyl$50.00
Metalized by Sword (2009-03-31)Metalized by Sword (2009-03-31)
KRESCENDO
Showing 2 items | Cache expiring in 2h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Showing all 15 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & SWORD music

SWORD METALIZED reviews

voila_la_scorie
I remember listening to the Monday Night Metal Shop (I think that's what it was called) on Vancouver's radio station, C-FOX, and this song "Stuck in Rock" came on by a band called Sword. Damn that was one monster riff! Add to that the vocalist's banshee screams and I knew I had to get this album.

Sword's debut album in 1986, very aptly entitled "Metalized" was an album of songs that were just as I imagined metal should be. Many of my favourite bands were adding synthesizers, lightening their sound, going more "mainstream". Ugh! The thrash movement was were real heavy metal was about but there was a tendency for bands to race through songs as fast as possible. I wanted some slow and heavy numbers as well, or just heavy riffs was fine too. I wanted vocalists who could sing, not just shout and roar. Well, okay, I liked the shouters and roarers, too. But this band Sword had a terrific blend of slow and heavy ("Stoned Again"), medium tempo heavy melodic ("Children of Heaven"), raging vocals in thunderous metal music ("Dare to Spit"), Anvil-like speed and thunder ("Outta Control"), and a whole arsenal of straightforward, heavy rockin', keyboardless metal music with lots of great riffs.

I had this on cassette initially (back in '86) and later bought it on CD. It had been packed away for many years but recently I unearthed it and put it in my iTunes library. While it's great to hear this awesome headbanger of an album again, I find it in need of remastering. That bright eighties production is a little harsh on the ears at higher volumes, and this is an album that needs to be heard loud. It's probably one of the best non-thrash albums to come out of 1986!

No SWORD METALIZED reviews posted by members yet.

• Pintos