Murder By Pride
STRYPER

STRYPER - Murder By Pride cover

Album · 2009

Filed under Glam Metal

1. Eclipse Of The Son (4:04)
2. 4 Leaf Clover (3:41)
3. Peace Of Mind (Boston cover) (3:59)
4. Alive (3:36)
5. The Plan (3:10)
6. Murder By Pride (3:18)
7. I Believe (3:43)
8. Run In You (4:15)
9. Love Is Why (4:06)
10. Mercy Over Blame (4:08)
11. Everything (4:25)
12. My Love (I'll Always Show) (3:16)

- Michael Sweet / Lead and Backing Vocals, Guitar

- Tom Scholz / Guitar

Released by Frontiers.

Thanks to stephen, Lynx33 for the updates

STRYPER MP3, Free Download/Stream

No STRYPER MP3s available for streaming.

Buy STRYPER - MURDER BY PRIDE music

Showing all 18 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com
Murder By PrideMurder By Pride
Big3 Records 2009
Murder By Pride by Stryper (2009) Audio CDMurder By Pride by Stryper (2009) Audio CD
Big3 Records
STRYPER MURDER BY PRIDESTRYPER MURDER BY PRIDE
DID
Showing 3 items | Cache expiring in 72h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com

More places to buy metal & STRYPER music

STRYPER MURDER BY PRIDE reviews

Stephen
I can say that "Murder By Pride" is truly a homage to the fans. Michael Sweet opened up his ears after harsh critics landed on them on the comeback album, "Reborn", for being too modern and departed quite far from their origin. "Murder By Pride", without leaving the idealism and passion for evolving, ambitiously recreated the classic atmosphere that was told by Sweet as an album with lots of melodies, lots of screams, and lots of guitars. Michael Sweet was responsible for the whole songwriting process and kudos for him for keeping the fire burning.

"Eclipse For The Son" decently opens the album, a safe uptempo passage, I can hear a mix of Stryper's classic with some newer element, pretty solid kicker but "4 Leaf Clover" is the real mood pumper. This track is heavy, modern, but still your ears can easily recognize the Stryper's pattern from the rhythm. Up next is Boston's classic, "Peace of Mind", a fun cover track with Tom Scholz contributing some guitars, I like this song. "Alive" is a great power ballad, the title track has a powerful punchy chorus and already became a concert regular, "I Believe" is a good contemporary track and probably you'll agree with me when I say Michael Sweet listened to a lot of Creed when he wrote this song. "Love Is Why" is another sparkling gem and "My Love (I'll Always Show)" is such a beautiful midtempo track, closing the album with style. Out of twelve songs, perhaps only "Mercy Over Blame" and "Everything" which I think are decent fillers.

While I don't think "Reborn" is disastrously ugly, "Murder By Pride" is a real contender to the strong release of "To Hell With The Devil" and "In God With Trust" that earned them fame and fortune. Like I said earlier, this is tribute pay to the long-time fans, and I would say, the hunger was fulfilled. I'm just hoping that this isn't their peak yet and Sweet and the gang will continue to deliver ultra high-quality releases in the future. Highly recommended !

Bomb Brigade
Murder By Pride finds Stryper returning to their finest of forms:rocking with the passion and clarity that God had told them too!In all seriousness,this is the band's finest effort since 1986's To Hell With The Devil.It's just too bad that this record is actually only made up of one half of the band's original personnel,being that original bassist Tim gaines had been replaced by Tracy Ferrie(White Cross,Guardian) and drummer Kenny Aronoff(Bob Seger,John Mellencamp,Elton John,Jon Bon Jovi,etc.,etc.)fills the big shoes (and drums)left vacant by Michael sweet's inimitable brother Robert.Even without its original fab four in place,this album sails straight up to the heaven's with its sonic perfection! Michael Sweet had said in interviews,at the time of writing and recording of Murder by Pride,that he would make his fans proud with an album that the people demanded of him.Michael certainly delivered the goods.Murder By Pride does exactly what it should,exactly where and when it should.ECLIPSE OF THE SON and 4 LEAF CLOVER will make you rock...hard.PEACE OF MIND will make you sing along.I BELIEVE will make you(want to)cry.The album's title cut will get you tapping your toes and throwing your hands in the air.This album,plain and simply,features song after song of harmony-laden power and crunch,the likes of which hadn't been heard in the hard rock community for many years.And,once again,Stryper's rendition of the Boston classic PEACE OF MIND?Nothing short of sheer perfection!This track,in itself,proves exactly why Tom Scholz hand-picked Michael to fill the shoes of the dearly departed Brad delp in his band.This boy can sing like no other! Whether you're a believer or not,this album will make you believe in the power that is Stryper!

• Lynx33