Gene Simmons

GENE SIMMONS - Gene Simmons cover

Album · 1978

Filed under Hard Rock

1. Radioactive (3:51)
2. Burning Up With Fever (4:22)
3. See You Tonite (2:28)
4. Tunnel Of Love (3:52)
5. True Confessions (3:30)
6. Living In Sin (3:51)
7. Always Near You/Nowhere To Hide (4:12)
8. Man Of 1000 Faces (3:17)
9. Mr. Make Believe (4:02)
10. See You In Your Dreams (2:49)
11. When You Wish Upon A Star (2:43)

- Gene Simmons / vocals and electric/acoustic guitars
- Kate Sagal / backing vocals
- Franny Eisenberg / backing vocals
- Carolyn Ray / backing vocals
- Sean Delaney / backing vocals
- Eric Troyer / piano and vocals (track 1, 6)
- Steve Lacey / guitars (track 1)
- John Shane Howell / guitar
- Richard Gerstein / piano (track 5, 7)
- Joe Perry / guitars (track 1, 4)
- Bob Seger / backing vocals (track 1, 6)
- Rick Nielsen / guitars (track 10)
- Helen Reddy / backing vocals (track 5)
- Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter / guitars (track 2, 3, 4, 9)
- Donna Summer / backing vocals (track 2)
- Janis Ian / backing vocals (track 1)
- Cher / spoken word phone call (track 6)
- Mitch Weissman & Joe Pecorino / backing vocals (track 4, 7, 9)
- Michael Des Barres / backing vocals (track 10)
- Ritchie Ranno / guitars (track 4)
- The Citrus College Singers / vocals (track 5, 7)
- Members of New YorkPhilharmonic Orchestra
- Members Of Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra

Release date: September 18, 1978
Label: Casablanca

Thanks to progshine, Lynx33 for the updates

GENE SIMMONS MP3, Free Download/Stream

No GENE SIMMONS MP3s available for streaming.

Buy GENE SIMMONS - GENE SIMMONS music

Simmons, Gene [Kiss] (29535) 8x10 Photo Simmons, Gene [Kiss] (29535) 8x10 Photo USD $5.47 Buy It Now 3 days
Simmons, Gene [Kiss] (29536) 8x10 Photo Simmons, Gene [Kiss] (29536) 8x10 Photo USD $5.47 Buy It Now 3 days
Gene Simmons..Gene Simmons...Picture Disc..in very  good  condition..Kiss..rar!! Gene Simmons..Gene Simmons...Picture Disc..in very good condition..Kiss..rar!! USD $18.90 (2 bids)
4 days
SIMMONS GENE - I DONE TOLD YOU - SROLLCD834X SIMMONS GENE - I DONE TOLD YOU - SROLLCD834X USD $10.48 Buy It Now 8 days
Done Told You - Simmons,Gene (2010, CD New) Done Told You - Simmons,Gene (2010, CD New) USD $9.67 Buy It Now 8 days
Simmons, Gene - I Done Told You - Rock & Roll Simmons, Gene - I Done Told You - Rock & Roll USD $15.22 Buy It Now 10 days
Gene Simmons Simmons, Gene Audio CD Gene Simmons Simmons, Gene Audio CD USD $5.44 Buy It Now 11 days
KISS Gene Simmons KISS Gene Simmons "GENE SIMMONS" LP Vinyl 1978 Record USD $16.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Simmons, Gene - Drinkin' Wine - The Sun Years, Plus - Rock & Roll Simmons, Gene - Drinkin' Wine - The Sun Years, Plus - Rock & Roll USD $22.08 Buy It Now 13 days
Simmons, Gene - I Done Told You - Rock & Roll Simmons, Gene - I Done Told You - Rock & Roll USD $14.60 Buy It Now 13 days
NEW - Speaking in Tongues by Simmons, Gene NEW - Speaking in Tongues by Simmons, Gene USD $0.99 Buy It Now 13 days
NEW - Speaking in Tongues by Simmons, Gene NEW - Speaking in Tongues by Simmons, Gene USD $13.88 Buy It Now 13 days
Simmons, Gene - Drinkin' Wine - The Sun Years, Plus - Rock & Roll Simmons, Gene - Drinkin' Wine - The Sun Years, Plus - Rock & Roll USD $22.91 Buy It Now 14 days
GENE SIMMONS - GENE SIMMONS  1998 JAPAN MINI LP CD GENE SIMMONS - GENE SIMMONS 1998 JAPAN MINI LP CD USD $31.26 Buy It Now 14 days
Simmons,Gene - Drinkin' Wine-Sun Years Plus (CD New) Simmons,Gene - Drinkin' Wine-Sun Years Plus (CD New) USD $17.80 Buy It Now 15 days
GENE SIMMONS - GENE SIMMONS - HOLE - NEW CD/DVD(DUALDISC) GENE SIMMONS - GENE SIMMONS - HOLE - NEW CD/DVD(DUALDISC) USD $14.79 Buy It Now 15 days
Gene Simmons-Gene Simmons CD NEW Gene Simmons-Gene Simmons CD NEW USD $13.73 Buy It Now 16 days
Gene Simmons-Gene Simmons CD NEW Gene Simmons-Gene Simmons CD NEW USD $7.90 Buy It Now 16 days
Simmons, Gene A**hole CD Simmons, Gene A**hole CD USD $4.34 Buy It Now 18 days
Gene Simmons, Gene Simmons Audio CD Gene Simmons, Gene Simmons Audio CD USD $7.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Simmons Gene - I Done Told You NEW CD Simmons Gene - I Done Told You NEW CD USD $7.47 Buy It Now 22 days
Kiss, Gene Simmons - Gene Simmons {NBLP 7120} **STERLING** Kiss, Gene Simmons - Gene Simmons {NBLP 7120} **STERLING** USD $13.50 Buy It Now 22 days
SIMMONS GENE - SPEAKING IN TONGUES - 5050159029822PMI SIMMONS GENE - SPEAKING IN TONGUES - 5050159029822PMI USD $11.09 Buy It Now 23 days
SIMMONS gene of KISS hard rock METAL new 11hit cassette tape SIMMONS gene of KISS hard rock METAL new 11hit cassette tape USD $6.89 Buy It Now 24 days
Gene Simmons : Gene Simmons - Hole - [CD] Gene Simmons : Gene Simmons - Hole - [CD] USD $2.35 Buy It Now 25 days
***Hole [PA] - Simmons, Gene (Rock) (CD 2004) ***Hole [PA] - Simmons, Gene (Rock) (CD 2004) USD $9.95 Buy It Now 26 days
GENE SIMMONS - GENE SIMMONS NEW CD GENE SIMMONS - GENE SIMMONS NEW CD USD $8.13 Buy It Now 29 days
Gene Simmons, Gene Simmons Audio CD Gene Simmons, Gene Simmons Audio CD USD $7.99 Buy It Now 29 days
Showing all 30 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com
0 results found for "SIMMONS GENE" gene simmons
Retry your search on Amazon.com website
No items found | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com

More places to buy metal & GENE SIMMONS music

GENE SIMMONS GENE SIMMONS reviews

AtomicCrimsonRush
Ah yes, 1978, the year when Kiss decided to do solo albums. This was the 3rd best of the 4 because while it features some great tracks there are some that are cringe worthy. It starts off with evil laughing and a dark foreboding chant with horror movie soundtrack violins, and then finally the riff and drums kick in with Simmon’s pulsating bass. Radioactive became a hit single for the man and rightfully so, with its infectious melody and endearing lyrics.

Burning Up With Fever is a bit of a throwaway after a great start but is more than made up for with See You Tonite; a soft melancholy vocal and I like Simmons when he is not growling. This softer ballad is rather nice.

Tunnel Of Love never resonated with me as a teen into Kiss in the 70s and I still dislike this really. True Confessions is even worse with those dumb orchestrated moments and female backing singers. Man, this is bombastic nonsense.

Living In Sin is a real highlight with a great melodic hook and Cher features, speaking as an overexcited fan on the phone; love that bit.

Always Near You/Nowhere To Hide is very soft and builds gradually to a crescendo with very high, well sung vocals from Simmons; I count this as definitely one of my favourite tracks from Simmons. I absolutely love that melody in the verses, so heartfelt and beautiful with atmospheric music.

Man Of 1000 Faces is a moderate rocker I remember from the Kiss movie in particular, but it was never a favourite, a bit repetitive and dull.

Mr. Make Believe is just a pop song and I rather like Simmons either rocking it out or singing a ballad, not in between, however it is OK.

See You In Your Dreams is covered from a Kiss classic but the original is way better.

When You Wish Upon A Star is an hilarious attempt at Simmons singing a child’s song from Pinnochio. I always used to play this for a joke as a teen, and it is still a joke; really banal, inept singing and overblown orchestra only adds to its derivative clichéd nature.

So there you have it the good the bad and the Simmons all in one package. Not a bad attempt and buries his latest appalling Asshole album, make no mistake about that.

No GENE SIMMONS GENE SIMMONS reviews posted by members yet.

• Lynx33