Forestpaths
SEVEROTH

SEVEROTH - Forestpaths cover

Album · 2017

1. Forestpaths I (Мікрокосм) (12:40)
2. Forestpaths II (Темної ночі очі) (15:56)
3. Forestpaths III (Крижаний танок) (3:49)
4. Forestpaths IV (Вже неминуче буде сніг) (12:22)
5. Forestpaths V (В серці сивих Карпат) (9:12)
6. Forestpaths VI (Чумацький шлях) (8:29)

Total Time 1:02:28

- Severoth / Everything

Format: CD (500 copies)
Label: Werewolf Promotion
Release date: March 21st, 2017

Thanks to adg211288 for the addition

SEVEROTH MP3, Free Download/Stream

No SEVEROTH MP3s available for streaming.

Buy SEVEROTH - FORESTPATHS music

No release results found : showing artist results instead
0 results found for "severoth"
Retry your search on Amazon.com website
No items found | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
0 results found for "severoth" forestpaths
Retry your search with "severoth" on eBay.com website

More places to buy metal & SEVEROTH music

SEVEROTH FORESTPATHS reviews

Ukrainian musician Severoth is a busy man, having released four albums in 2016, each for a different project: the band Endless Battle and their third full-length Roots of All Evil, the dungeon synth solo project Galdur and it's second album Age of Legends, the black metal solo project Морок and its second album In the Dungeons of Mind and finally the second album of self-titled and presumably flagship project Severoth, Самітність. His first and so far only album of 2017, Forestpaths, is a follow-up to this one.

In this project Severoth plays atmospheric black metal of the heavily ambient influenced kind. It's raw and cold, though not to the level of an album like Striborg's Autumnal Melancholy (2008). The ambient elements are a prominent feature and the main source of melody within the release, with the black metal guitar work severing more of a backdrop role while Severoth delivers some rather primal sounding growls over the top. I, at least, cannot follow a word of the lyrics and I think that would be true even if they weren't in Ukrainian but that's part of what makes a release such as Forestpaths work. You're not necessarily supposed to understand the words, but be entranced by the experience and as an album the six track release certainly does that, with its artwork also providing a great depiction of the kind of atmosphere the music conveys. I'd imagine taking it deep into the woods on a cold, snowy night would be the way to experience the full effect.

Like with many albums of its kind there is some blurring together of the individual tracks on Forestpaths due to there being little change in style on each track, but my experience with it is that Severoth succeeds more in this regard than others have thanks in no small part to the ambient elements, which have some wonderful melodies. Opener Мікрокосм particularly stands out in this regard, though I recommend that the album be experience as one complete journey. It's biggest change in overall style comes right at the end of the release during the second half of closing track Чумацький шлях where, the black metal now removed from the music entirely, the ambience takes on a decidedly folksy sound that lasts until Forestpath's conclusion. It's a nice section of music, but if there's a fault to be had with the album as a whole it's that Severoth made us wait that long to hear it. It would have been nice to hear more exploration of that sort of thing earlier in the album. All in all though Forestpaths is a very pleasing release from Severoth, so I have to say that this only acts as a minor niggle for me.

No SEVEROTH FORESTPATHS reviews posted by members yet.

Private Suite Atmospheric Black Metal