Queen Rock Montreal & Live Aid

Movie · 2007

Filed under Hard Rock

Disc 1: Live in Montreal, 1981

1. Intro
2. We Will Rock You (Fast Version)
3. Let Me Entertain You
8. Get Down Make Love
9. Save Me
10. Now I’m Here
11. Dragon Attack
12. Now I'm Here (Reprise)
13. Love Of My Life

- Freddie Mercury / vocals
- Brian May / guitars, vocals
- Roger Taylor / drums, percussions, vocals
- John Deacon / bass guitar

First disc is the reissue of the concert film titled We Will Rock You recorded live at the Montreal Forum, Montreal, Canada, November 24 and 25, 1981. Secod disc was recorded live at Live Aid, Wembley, London, July 13, 1985.

Bonus Material:

1. Audio commentary by Brian May and Roger Taylor
2. Full performance footage of Queen rehearsing for Live Aid
3. Live Aid interview with the band
4. 1982 news feature from US TV series PM Magazine
4. Before & After (restoration comparison)

Thanks to Kingcrimsonprog for the addition and Lynx33 for the updates

QUEEN MP3, Free Download/Stream

Buy QUEEN - QUEEN ROCK MONTREAL & LIVE AID music

Showing all 100 items | *Auction price may increase, data is cached, expiring in 3h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com
Live at the Rainbow 74 [Blu-ray]Live at the Rainbow 74 [Blu-ray]
Multiple Formats · Blu-ray · Widescreen
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Blu-ray$9.99
Queen: Live at Wembley StadiumQueen: Live at Wembley Stadium
Multiple Formats
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2013
DVD$8.74
Queen: Rock Montreal & Live Aid [Blu-ray]Queen: Rock Montreal & Live Aid [Blu-ray]
Multiple Formats · Blu-ray · Widescreen
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2007
Blu-ray$8.52
Showing 3 items | Cache expiring in 72h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com

More places to buy metal & QUEEN music

QUEEN QUEEN ROCK MONTREAL & LIVE AID reviews

Kingcrimsonprog
I have seen a few other Queen DVDs and have a penchant for concert Blu Rays in general so I had high expectations going into this. Queen Rock Montreal not only lived up to my expectations but in many areas exceeded them. Not only is the concert filmed just before the synthesizers-period, with the band absolutely playing the hell out of their instruments, but the technical aspects of the concert recording are top notch too, leaving the whole thing great in all departments.

The sound quality is absolutely superb, crystal clear and very big, which really brings to attention all the skill and virtuosity with which Queen played the gig, and that's not just the mix but the recording quality itself too.

The video, which is of course excellent in the main concert, has been scrutinized and cleaned up on the original 35mm prints before being re-scanned for maximum quality, there is even a fairly detailed description of the process in the linear notes. Consequently, the concert looks amazing and clear in a way no other Queen concert does as of yet.

In terms of the concert itself, there is no question of quality whatsoever. Queen are absolutely electric and deliver a wide array of some of their hardest and heaviest material in about as energetic and impressive a performance as has been captured on film, and mix it up with a few quieter numbers for balance and variety, leaving a full and complete Queen concert experience.

The band don't even just stick to the big radio hits either, playing material such as 'Dragon Attack,' 'Get Down Make Love,' and 'Sheer Heart Attack,' that you wouldn't necessarily expect in with the 'Bohemian Rhapsody,' and 'Under Pressure,' level songs.

The highlights for me were the excellent performance of 'I'm In Love With My Car,' with Roger both singing masterfully and nailing the drum fills to perfection as well as their fast and hard rendition of early number 'Keep Yourself Alive.'

The band's performance is excellent, the track listing is excellent and the audio visual quality is excellent. What more could you possibly ask for in a concert Blu Ray ?

In terms of extras, you get commentary from Brian and Roger, A hilariously bad 80s TV special on Queen, An interesting rehearsal/interview for Live Aid and of course the excellent Live Aid performance itself, which doesn't even require describing it is that well regarded.

Overall I highly recommend this product, I enjoy a lot of Live Concert DVDs and Blu Rays and this is definitely one of the finest I've come across, especially if you like the harder rock side of Queen.

No QUEEN QUEEN ROCK MONTREAL & LIVE AID reviews posted by members yet.

• progshine