Animals Should Not Try to Act Like People
PRIMUS

PRIMUS - Animals Should Not Try to Act Like People cover

EP · 2003

Filed under Funk Metal

1. The Carpenter and the Dainty Bride (6:35)
2. Pilcher’s Squad (1:54)
3. Mary the Ice Cube (4:37)
4. The Last Superpower aka Rapscallion (7:16)
5. My Friend Fats (7:55)

- Southbound Pachyderm
- Shake Hands With Beef
- Over the Falls
- Lacquer Head
- The Devil Went Down to Georgia (Charlie Daniels cover)

Short films:
- Cheesy Home Video - transfer of the video with the same name, edited to exclude the music videos.
- Horrible Swill - transfer of the video with the same name, previously available exclusively to the fan club.
- Horrible Men - previously unreleased assortment of clips from on-stage, backstage and in the studio.
- The Making of "Mr. Krinkle" - previously unreleased short on the making of the music video.
- The Making of "Wynona" - previously unreleased short on the making of the music video.
- The Making of the Brown Album - transfer of a segment from the Videoplasty video.

Live performances:
Radio Relics - Recorded at Stanford University's KZSU college radio station for a campus-only cable channel in 1989
"To Defy the Laws of Tradition"
"Too Many Puppies"
"Frizzle Fry"
New Year's 93-94 - Recorded at the Henry J. Kaiser Auditorium in Oakland, on New Year's Eve 1993-1994
"Groundhog's Day"
"Mr. Krinkle"
Woodstock 94 - Recorded at the Woodstock Festival in Saugerties, New York in 1994
"Those Damned Blue Collar Tweekers"
"My Name is Mud (Bootleg Quality)"
Florida 95 - Recorded in West Palm Beach, Florida during the Punchbowl tour in 1995
"Pudding Time"
"Southbound Pachyderm"
"Duchess and the Proverbial Mind Spread" - Recorded at Irving Plaza in New York for HBO's Reverb in 1998 (Erroneously listed as "Kalamazoo live" on some pressings)
"Lacquer Head" - Recorded during the Family Values Tour on Halloween in 1999
Rarities
"Sgt. Baker" - Recorded at a rent party at Kommotion in San Francisco sometime between 1986 and 1988
"Groundhog's Day" - Recorded at the Omni in Oakland in late 1988
"Tommy the Cat" - Recorded by Bob Cock and the Yellow Sock, date and venue not noted

Other features:

- illustrated discography
- slideshow of promotional photographs
- Optional commentary track for music videos featuring Les, Larry and Tim
- Easter eggs include a short video clip of Bob Cock in heaven and an interview.

- Les Claypool / bass guitar, vocals

DVD/EP set.

Produced by Primus.
Music by Primus.
Lyrics by Claypool.
Recorded and mixed at Rancho Relaxo, June 2003.
Engineered by Claypool.
Studio Assistant - Derek Walls
Mastered by Brain "Big Bass" Gardener - Bernie Grundman Mastering.

Thanks to Stooge, Unitron for the updates

PRIMUS MP3, Free Download/Stream

No PRIMUS MP3s available for streaming.

Buy PRIMUS - ANIMALS SHOULD NOT TRY TO ACT LIKE PEOPLE music

No release results found : showing artist results instead
The Desaturating SevenThe Desaturating Seven
Interscope 1995
They Can't All Be Zingers: Best OfThey Can't All Be Zingers: Best Of
Remastered
Interscope 2006
Primus & The Chocolate Factory With The Fungi EnsemblePrimus & The Chocolate Factory With The Fungi Ensemble
ATO Records 2014
Green NaugahydeGreen Naugahyde
ATO Records 2011
Frizzle Fry (Remastered)Frizzle Fry (Remastered)
Remastered · Extra tracks
Prawn Song 2002
Primus: Frizzle Fry (Colored Vinyl) Pink Vinyl LPPrimus: Frizzle Fry (Colored Vinyl) Pink Vinyl LP
Limited Collector's Edition
Frizzle Fry, Inc
Vinyl$29.95
Brown AlbumBrown Album
Explicit Lyrics
Prawn Song 1997
Showing 10 items only | Cache expiring in 72h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Showing all 8 items | *Auction price may increase, data is cached, expiring in 18h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & PRIMUS music

PRIMUS ANIMALS SHOULD NOT TRY TO ACT LIKE PEOPLE reviews

Stooge
Back in 2003, I was still using dial-up internet. This meant I would usually spend very little time online, making it difficult to get news about my favorite bands. I believe the first I heard about the Primus reunion was when I saw this DVD/EP package at a local shop. Needless to say, I was excited!

The DVD contains plenty to sink your teeth into. There are a number of music videos spanning from Frizzle Fry through to Antipop. The majority of the music videos also feature commentary from the reunited band members. Additionally, you get some behind the scenes and bootleg footage of the band, some of which was previously contained in out-of-print videos “Cheesy Home Video” and “Videoplasty”. Other content, such as a Frizzle Fry era radio performance and a videos of “Sgt. Baker”and “Groundhog’s Day” with the pre-Lalonde/Alexander lineup, was previously unreleased. The menu layout makes it fun to search for all the content.

This package was marketed as a DVD with the EP as a bonus, and the new songs show that the band still had the creativity and quirkiness that made them popular. I don’t think I have a favorite track among them, as I think each one is rather memorable. Pretty much every track contains their brand of unusual atmosphere and experimentation, but are centered across strong rhythmic foundations and unique storytelling. I’m not reminded greatly of any one previous Primus release, as it does a good job of capturing different elements of all their Herb-era albums.

Whether you’re buying this for the DVD or for the music, this package should not let a Primus fan down. Both casual and hardcore fans of the group should really enjoy this.

No PRIMUS ANIMALS SHOULD NOT TRY TO ACT LIKE PEOPLE reviews posted by members yet.

• aglasshouse