Danger in the Dark
PRAYER

PRAYER - Danger in the Dark cover

Filed under Hard Rock

1. Danger In The Dark (4.37)
2. Nobody Loves You (3.51)
3. KP (4.36)
4. Get What I Came For (3.16)
5. Another Fool (4.48)
6. Never Let Your Dreams Die (5.12)
7. Heart Wants You To Rock (3.53)
8. Livin' Ain't Livin' (4.30)
9. I'm Back (4.50)
10. It's Not The End (4.01)

- Tapani Tikkanen / vocals, guitars, percussion
- Jukka Ihme / guitars
- Valtteri Tikkanen / guitars, keyboards
- Mika Pohjola / bass, keyboards
- Matti Torro / drums

Released July 20, 2012, on Escape music.

Thanks to Time Signature for the addition

PRAYER MP3, Free Download/Stream

No PRAYER MP3s available for streaming.

Buy PRAYER - DANGER IN THE DARK music

Showing all 7 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com
Danger in the DarkDanger in the Dark
101 DISTRIBUTION 2012

More places to buy metal & PRAYER music

PRAYER DANGER IN THE DARK reviews

Danger in the dark...

Genre: melodic hard rock

Melodic hard rock and AOR were huge in the 1980s, but as the 1990s arrived with its stripped down grunge and alternative rock, melodic hard rock and AOR completely disappeared from the limelight. However, the last couple of years have seen somewhat of a revival, as more and more melodic hard rock and AOR-oriented releases have started to see the light of day, and, as a bonus, most of these are quite good.

Thus, Prayer's "Danger in the Dark" features all the elements of good 80s AOR, including the catchy melodies and the sensible use of keyboards as well as blazing guitar solos and a pumping bass. All of the tracks on this album are incredibly melodic, with some being on the border between hard rock and pop rock, while others are heavier and have more of a punch to them. Highlights for me on this album are the upbeat 'KP' with its hard rocking but uplifting riffage and use of twin guitar leads, 'Never Let Your Dreams Die' which is similar in style but also has a slight Bon Jovi feel to it (from before Bon Jovi started sucking, that is), the Thin Lizzy-inspired 'Heart Wants to Rock' and 'End of the World', and 'Get What I Came For' is a heavy but melodic (and compelling) power ballad which features some cool riffs.

If one were to describe the music on this album through comparison, I think that the bast description is that of a mix of the early Bon Jovi pop metal sound combined with Thin Lizzy's branch of twin guitar-based hard rock, all wrapped in an 80s AOR approach. While there can be no doubt that the musicianship is top notch, I must admit that Tapani Tikkanen's raspy voice is not my cup of tea, although I do like his Phil Lynott-inspired vocal melodies.

In any case, Prayer's "Danger in the Dark" is a fine piece of work, rich in all those things that make good 80s style melodic hard rock, and fans of that genre would definitely not lose anything by checking it out.

No PRAYER DANGER IN THE DARK reviews posted by members yet.

No PRAYER ratings only posted yet.

Danger in the Dark Contents