This album, it's amazing obviously, is quite different than their first. The songs are shorter, the music is darker, and it is more of a metal album.
The concept is easier to understand and, again, it agress with me. Yay :).
The story is based on a guy who used to make guns, then stopped making guns, started blaming himself for murder (guns don't kill people, people do and sometimes monkeys do...if they have a gun - Eddie Izzard), starts to look at dumping grounds for toxic waste which is poisoning people's water, goes to a lake that was blocked up with concrete, stays there....dies I think. Basically.
1. Spirit Of The Land - Nice intro.
2. Inside - The soundtrack to my life. This song is one of my favourite songs of all time. No comment.
3. The Big Machine - Reminds me of Disney for some reason. Great chorus and amazing vocals and music from all the band. :)
4. New Years Eve - Very dramatic and some amazing hooks and vocals from Daniel. Amazing and very epic.
5. Handfull Of Nothing - This song is better live in Ending Themes, for some reason. Again dynamics and syncpated beats at the max (Meshuggah...listen and learn!!) This is the Stress of this album, I believe.
6. Water - Very ballady. Very nice and quite epic at places.
7. Home - Another ballady song. It's not the same as Water, they both are very different, but Home is more of a ballad, if anything, although Pain Of Salvation do believe Used to be a ballad.
8. Black Hills - Epic...very epic. What do you expect...it's Pain Of Salvation.
9. Pilgrim - A more folky song. There's always one.
10. Shore Serenity - There's alot happening in this song, even though it is one of the shorter tracks. Very impressive and some great catchy moments.
11. Inside Out - Incredibly epic and amazing way to end the album. Astonishing my dear man. Fetch the mop...
CONCLUSION - Darker but also more easier to listen to. But it, or else...I'll push you off a cliff.