ORTHRELM — I

(21 unnamed tracks)

- Mick Barr / Guitar
- Josh Blair / Drums

self release (CD, 2001)

Thanks to siLLy puPPy for the addition

Buy ORTHRELM - I music

No release results found : showing artist results instead
OVOV
Ipecac Recordings 2015
2nd18/042nd18/04
THREE ONE G 2006
OV by Orthrelm (2005-06-14)OV by Orthrelm (2005-06-14)
IPECAC RECORDINGS
Split by Orthrelm (2002-07-30)Split by Orthrelm (2002-07-30)
Troubleamn Unlim
2nd18/04 by Orthrelm2nd18/04 by Orthrelm
Three-One-G
LorxhscimtorLorxhscimtor
OrthrelmOrthrelm
UgExplode 2010
TouchdownTouchdown
Troubleman Unlimited 2002
Showing 8 items | Cache expiring in 49h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
0 results found for "orthrelm" i
Retry your search with "orthrelm" on eBay.com website

More places to buy metal & ORTHRELM music

ORTHRELM I reviews

siLLy puPPy
ORTHRELM I picks up after the debut and develops the song structures significantly. Whereas “Iorxhscimtor” focused primarily on Mick Barr’s extraordinary shredding skills and Jason Blair’s bombastic drumming style, little emphasis was placed on the math rock infused compositions. While that EP debuted the duo’s idiosyncratic musical language that will remind you of no other, ORTHRELM I creates a more varied palette of musical madness despite everything being on extreme hyperactivity mode with ceaseless shredding and skin pounding. The production is also of better value with less of a harsh noise intensity and a somewhat more smoothed out veneer.

Barr has stated in an interview that this music reflects the chaoticness of infinitely small and represents the quantum jumps of molecules at the most fundamental level of the construction of the physical universe. If there were to be any comparison at all it would have to be with the Japanese band Ruins who for the most part are also a noisy duo trying to create some of the harshest and unorthodox music chaos possible. ORTHRELM simply takes this same approach and injects it with steroids, cocaine, crystal meth and gallons of caffeine. This music is a nonstop math rock shredfest that is totally designed for the most unnerving reactions and a display case for the inhuman physical prowess of the two members hammering out some of the most intense sonic destruction possible.

While the magnitude of these two playing this stuff is thoroughly impressive, i can only feel that it sounds incomplete with only two band members. I would prefer to hear other instruments whizzing about creating unthinkable counterpoints that take the music to another level since only two instruments whizzing about at full speed becomes a bit monotonous. Yes, i’m a lover of extreme music of all forms and virtuosity is a sign of high art. ORTHRELM succeeds in creating high art at a low level meaning they opt for an intentional lo-fi DIY operation that takes some of the most disciplined skills in the musical kingdom and divert them into a form of controlled chaos. Extremely impressive but not something that beckons a return listen often.

No ORTHRELM I reviews posted by members yet.

No ORTHRELM ratings only posted yet.

I Contents

What Are Your Plans For Eternity? Metalcore
FOX RIVER
NUM83R5 Melodic Metalcore
WE ARE NUMBERS

Loudness - Crazy Nights (HD)
LOUDNESS