If Oceanborn was the album were they discovered their sound, Wishmaster was definetly the album where the sound was made whole. With techinical metal songs and more poppy songs, this album found a natural balance, and was insteresting throughout.
Being a massive Nightwish fan, I would believe that this album was their best.
1. She Is My Sin - Amazing riff, catchy chorus, incredibly memorable. What more can you want. Oh yea, the lyrics are pretty great too, with some great hooks and one liners.
2. The Kinslayer - One of their most kickass songs in my opinion. From the incredibly crafted crescendo vocal parts for choirs, the dramaticism throughout, and amazing technacallity from all members, this song is definetly one of their best. Even the spoken word parts, which are bit chessy, are exeptable.
3. Come Cover Me - Having covered this song in my band Eternia, this song is incredibly catchy with some incredibly beautiful and kick ass melodies. The more poppier sound that we expect.
4. Wanderlust - One of the most beautiful and techincal things I have ever heard. Usually I can play almost anything on the guitar. But this song always makes me scratch my head. The chorus is incredibly catchy and the end is incredibly beautiful.
5. Two For Tragedy - A lovely ballad, none more to say.
6. Wishmaster - Every Nightwish fan can't not say that this song is kick ass. The misheard lyrics for this song is incredibly funny (cause not even Tarja knows what she is saying). The middle section is amazing as well. The lyrics are pretty odd, but good.
7. Bare Grace Misery - Look at the misheard lyrics I made for this song, (put the title in you tube, it's probably still there). Incredibly catchy and memorable.
8. Crownless - Kickass and very power metal. Catchy chorus adds to the ass kicking.
9.Deep Silent Complete - All Finnish bands end up sounding like HIM for some reason. This is Nightiwish's (that and Sacrament Of Wilderness, even the title of these songs sound like HIM, don't get me wrong, HIM are kickass, and if you disagree, then we shall fight at dawn.)
10. Dead Boy's Poem - The last 2 songs on this album are so good, I had to listen to them twice. This song is incredibly beautiful, very sad and melancholic. Amazing guitar solo, I probabbly did cry while listening to this song.
11. FantasMic - Does the words OH MY GOD, mean anyhthing. God this song rules. With amazing prog dramatic like changes, incredibly lyrics (about Disney films...) and an amazing vocal performance from Tarja and that choir that seems to follow her all the time.
CONCLUSION: Nightwish's best album. Buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it.